Bulldogs starting QB out for Friday's contest vs WOS

[quote name="scooter!" post="830133" timestamp="1282693731"]
[quote author=tvc184 link=topic=71915.msg829916#msg829916 date=1282657487]
I heard that Forney is a no go for sure and his backup might be in the same situation. The JV quarterback may be under center this Friday night.
[/quote]Raines hurt?
[/quote]

No...Raines was the JV QB...kid is a real good athlete and will be fine...he is just getting a one year head start on his first varsity start

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="cooligan" post="829504" timestamp="1282588386"]
First off, I'd like to know where Scout got his info. I personally spoke to D's dad Saturday night and they weren't going to the Dr til today. As a matter of fact, they are at the Dr as I type.  Sounds like someone is full of @$^%&(&*&^% and is starting a rumor. It is true, D has a sprained MCL, but it sounds like the decision to play won't be made till game time. Now let's give it a rest til we learn what the Dr. recommends.     
[/quote]

Apparently Scout got his info from a pretty reliable source.

I guess it depends how you judge reliability. after all, the young man is out 5 - 6 weeks with a fractured throwing hand and not only 2 weeks due to the MCL sprain. Either way I hate to see this happen to a senior. On the other hand, I am anxious to see what Rains will do with his accurate arm and great mobility.  ;)     

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Scalp'em" post="830632" timestamp="1282758020"]
Raines will do well.
[/quote]

Would have been nice for him to have seen some "live" action during the Dayton scrimmage.

I don't know how many backups they have, maybe that's why he didn't play the Dayton scrimmage. Raines will improve as the season goes on. Remember there are several non-district games played before district. I think by the time district starts that Raines will hit his stride as a SOPHMORE, and do well. There will be some hiccups due to his youth, but I think he'll be solid for Nederland. I was told he's the starter Friday, and probably for a while.

The defense in Nederland has not dropped down as you may think, their time on the field has...don't care how good your defense
is if you 3 and out enough and keep your defense out on the field 60 to 70 percent of a ballgame, they won't be the same defense
after half time as they were at the beginning of the game...the spread has did just that to our defense..check the stats gents that
if just a fact.

[quote name="Knoddy1" post="831200" timestamp="1282843364"]
The defense in Nederland has not dropped down as you may think, their time on the field has...don't care how good your defense
is if you 3 and out enough and keep your defense out on the field 60 to 70 percent of a ballgame, they won't be the same defense
after half time as they were at the beginning of the game...the spread has did just that to our defense..check the stats gents that
if just a fact.
[/quote]

VERY true, Knoddy!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder