Sterling and Rayburn

why doesnt sterling go ahead and play GCM and BH? 5a schools play 4a schools all the time...its local, they would be fun games, less traveling expense...bigger crowds. It cant be just that Minyard is scared to lose to a 4a school is it?

from what i heard it is going to be a long season for the ranger boys.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="4x4tx" post="828591" timestamp="1282417486"]
why doesnt sterling go ahead and play GCM and BH? 5a schools play 4a schools all the time...its local, they would be fun games, less traveling expense...bigger crowds. It cant be just that Minyard is scared to lose to a 4a school is it?

[/quote]

RSS is in a "no win" situation if they play too many 4A schools. If they win, they are supposed to as a 5A school. If they lose, then they are losing to 4A schools.

GCM wanted to schedue RSS this year. RSS said no.

Since i've been back on the Eastside of G.H.A.this year (was in stafford for 3 yrs), living in my 2nd home of Baytown, i dont see a big buzz for football like i did as grew up. Since the departure of Drew Tate and Dick Olin, Baytown hasnt had a fever pitch for football.  GCM gave a jolt but LEE AND STERLING are declining. Lee's pool of athletes is barren.  I drive through old Baytown and its starting to look like a ghost town. My mother attended RSS (and still holds a few girls bball records, pic is still in the trophy case) so i was at every RSS vs Lee game and to see the game now compared to then is heartbreaking. GCM is going to be the show pony for goose creek isd for a long time to come.

The overall numbers are down for Lee, but they have some good athletes there still.
They will always have Oak Addition, which is from where the majority of their athletes have always come.

As far as the buzz, you are right.  Baytown has not had a winner to get behind in a while.
Trust me, if they do get a winner, the buzz will be right back. 
What is amazing is that a team like North Shore does not sell out every game they have over at their stadium.
They are a really good team, and talk about no buzz.

Just wait until one of these Baytown teams gets their stars aligned and starts out a season 7-0.
Or better yet, wait til one of them makes it to the second round of the playoffs. 
Baytown will still turn out.
They are like any other community this side of PNG.
No one wants to go see you get your head bashed in 63-14.

Katy would have the same numbers if they went 3-7 for the next 10 years.  That 10th year, you would have the same numbers as Lee or Sterling have now for attendance.

Lee has a chance next year.  I think this year they may be a little green yet.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="828609" timestamp="1282425070"]
[quote author=4x4tx link=topic=71887.msg828591#msg828591 date=1282417486]

[/quote]

RSS is in a "no win" situation if they play too many 4A schools. If they win, they are supposed to as a 5A school. If they lose, then they are losing to 4A schools.

GCM wanted to schedue RSS this year. RSS said no.
[/quote]

Sterling had no problem scheduling Humble, which is a 4a team. 

I know we had GCM scheduled and they left us high and dry for LCM, which ended up with us getting Channelview (thanks)

actually im a sterling fan...i dont post much here but lurk some...i have no idea how the scrimmage actually went but according to the baytown sun's account sterling owned rayburn...dunno what that says considering rayburn is normally not that good anyway....i wish sterling would go on and play GCM, they will have to in a couple years anyway so oh well if they dont for now...looking forward to friday, go rangers!

http://baytownsun.com/sports/football/article_86c68660-ad92-11df-970d-001cc4c03286.html

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder