21-3a How do they look this year???

I think Silsbee could win the district if they learned to play together, they have alot of good players but unfortunately they sit some of the good players on the bench when they should be out there playing. 
What happened to #5 ? Is there a reason she isn't playing more? I watched last night and when she had the opportunity to play she actually scored Silsbee some points. She especially has some great serves, looks like she worked hard over the summer. She would be one to watch this season, if they would give her a chance! Oh and way to go to there #11 she had some awesome digs!!!

I don't know about #5. I thought the same thing when I watched them play last year. We aren't the coaches so we don't know what goes on in practice. I watched Silsbee play earlier this year and I would be shocked if they don't have her playing front row at times. I'm sure what you are seeing is her coming out on back row. I could be wrong though.

At the game  I watched the other night against Tarkington they only played her a little in the 1st and 2nd games and on the front row, but she only served twice. But I agree we don't know what goes on in practice, but you would think they would use her more than they do.
By the way watch out for #3 and #21 on Tarkington they are awesome!!

The only thing that I can think of is she's been brow-beat for some reason or the other. She's really a very good player and can hold her own against top notch players. Maybe she's a gamer instead of a practicer don't really know. Can tell you this though she's a team player and wants to win. Maybe she has the fear of being pulled if she makes a mistake which has been done instead of letting her fight through a situation to become a better player.

Guest Robinhood
Silsbee will not be playing Ozen as shown on the schedule today.  Not to sure the reason why but apparently Ozen cancelled the game due to football.  The Silsbee Coaches got a replacement game today at 4:30 PM in Warren.  Good job by the Coaches to find a game.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="831904" timestamp="1282932541"]
Unbelievable!!!

Another volleyball game cancelled due to attending football game. ::)

And people want to know why girls sports don't get the attention it deserves. ::)
[/quote]

All I can say is silsbee should not put ozen on the schedule next year.

• 2 weeks later...
I think it's going to be an exciting season of 3A volleyball.......Like I said before it comes down to whoever shows up on GAME DAY and whatever team has the less injuries!!!!  I wouldn't be counting those WOS Mustangs out, they have been working hard off season and it shows......Kudo's to the Coach, you have done a great job with your team and it shows.....Will be totally surprise if they are not in the mix of things, that's for sure.....Good luck ladies....

[quote name="vbsportsfan" post="853413" timestamp="1285133535"]
Has anyone heard the latest on the Orangefield players suspended?  It may just be a rumor, but was curious if I was the only one that heard it.  Anyhow, let's just hope it's a good ole' small town rumor---I like that better!!
[/quote]

Sometimes a Coach has to send out a wake up call.  It's really not a big deal. Like tjcfan08 said, "Orangefield will be just fine."

I've been impressed with Silsbee this year. Orangefield will be okay, they are the deepest program in the district last year. Didn't they go undefeated in district on the J.V. and Freshman level last year? They were tied for 2nd in district and only lost one player. Silsbee and Orangefield are going to have some good games this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin