Deweyville Hires Josh Mitchell as new Girsl Basektball Coach

WTB

Has been Assistant Varsity boys coach at Hardin the last 3 yrs, Played at Lumberton when they made the basketball playoffs and a All District Post player for Lumberton back in 99-01, I have never seen a 6 ft 3 post play as hard as him and he's the only guy that I have seen literally shut down Kendrick Perkins in HS,he will bring a defensive attitude to Deweyville and is team will be a hard nose team that will play hard throughout the whole game. He was Coach By Chris Mcclain who has 2 state girls Titles at Kennard and Coach Mitchell does alot of stuff that Coach Mcclain does. He comes from Lumberton was a super star Baseball player that played at the College Level, but loves the game of Basketball and wants to pursue his career in that. Deweyville got them a good young coach.

I do not know Coach Mitchell and I am sure he will do a fine job but I have a question for hossfan......what does hiring a male have to do with anything?  There are many qualified female coaches out there and from what I understand, Coach Hammerly (female) did a good job. The last I checked, gender was not a qualification for success......

[quote name="CoachKfan" post="819911" timestamp="1279852642"]
Change can be a good thing.....why don't you suggest Deweyville hire a female head football coach.....talk about change!
[/quote]

I'd buy a ticket to see that!  ;D

I'd also want my kids school to hire the "best coach available" more than worry about male or female.

I agree Slam.  I was in this business for a long time and I went up against some very good male coaches and female coaches.  I also competed against some who weren't so committed.  You would hope that a district would look at the best qualified, regardless of gender.  There are so many factors that go into making a good coach.  Gender being the least of them.

Well...I had the pleasure of knowing Josh when he played for Lumberton....I officiated many games he was involved with.....Josh is very competitive and I think the people of Deweyville are in for a real treat

Josh was the best friend of a young man that dated my daughter.. He was always cordial and Polite.  My favorite Josh line to this day is when he first walked into my home.  He said "Nice House...What no big screen?"..I think the girls will be well suited to Josh Mitchell ball.. I wish Mel Hammerly the best...A great coach and player.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder