2010 GT PONY Pinto All Star Tourney

Time to get some talk started.................everyone knows that the team to beat is Vidor.  The question is who will give them a run for their money????  What does Orange have, what about TC, Groves and Port Arthur????

Bracket will be published on Thursday night.........

Is it gonna be the traditional double elimination tournament or is it gonna go to pool play with a single elimination tourney.  Is it more beneficial for one way or the other?

Tournament will be held in Vidor on July 3-7.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bracket is out.................two teams from Vidor, Twin County, Orange and Groves.  No team from Port Arthur this year in the Pinto Division.  Eight team bracket.  First Round games look like this...................

Groves #1 vs. Vidor #1
Twin County vs. Orange
Groves #2 vs. Orange
Twin County vs. Vidor #2

Twin County and Orange have yet to decide which team will play where in bracket.

All games played in Vidor on July 3-8th

• 2 weeks later...
Here is the way I see it at this moment.............

1.  Vidor #1
2.  Orange #1
3.  Jeff. Co. #1
4.  TC #1
5.  Vidor #2
6.  Orange #2
7.  TC #2
8.  Jeff. Co. #2

Vidor #1 is very strong and should walk through this tournament.  I would not expect this team to be taken past the 4th inning but maybe once or twice the entire tournament.

Orange #1 has several big bats and have played Vidor #1 in a tournament two weeks ago and got beat.  I look for Orange #1 to be the biggest threat for Vidor #1.

Jeff. Co. #1 and TC #1 are really close.  Both have the potential to have huge bats, but if they don't hit the ball then they can be beat.  TC and Jeff. Co. split in a home and home last week with each team winning on the road.

Vidor #2 is easily the best of the rest.  They are all 8 years old and have a very solid defensive team.

Really know nothing about the Orange #2 team.................

TC #2 has some really good talent.  They are young but have one of the strongest bats in the entire tournament. 

Jeff. Co. #2 is the youngest team in the tourney and they will have a mountain to climb in game one against the Vidor #1 team.

I am hopeful that the weather cooperates and that the tourney goes off with no issues.  Our kids are really excited about playing in Vidor. 

Good luck to all teams!!!!

Lazeek...your commentary (IMO) leaves little to be added to, but I will give it a shot.

Tournament Favorite: Vidor #1.  You know how much I hate to be the favorite.  I love selling the underdog position. But based on how these teams have already played each other, I have to agree that Vidor #1 is the team to beat.  They have fared very well against 3 of the other teams in the field in preparation tournaments in the last few weeks.

The Field:  I would group the next 4 teams together: Orange #1, Vidor #2, Twin County #1, and Groves #1.  I understand why Lazeek put Orange at the top of this list.  The only time I have seen them play, the tournament rules took away their Bats.  Even with the little barrels, they hit the ball well.  However, I think they will hit even better this weekend.  Vidor #2: Do not count this team out just because they are a second team.  If their bats get hot, they have 4 or 5 kids who can hit it out of the park.  They will have the home field advatage as well.  Twin County:  They split their series with Groves and beat Vidor #2 in a close game.  Their bats are slumping.  However, if they come alive, then they move up to the top of the Field.  Groves #1:  I have not been able to see them play at all.  But the talk coming out of Groves is that they are as good or better than any team out there.  The biggest worry here is the lack of tournament experience as a team.  All of the rest of these teams have played at least 2 warm-up tournaments.

The Rest:  Orange #2, Twin County #2, Groves#2.  I think that Orange #2 will be the best of the Rest.  They just had more teams to draw from.  Twin County should be right behind Orange.  Groves is fighting against a numbers game.  With only 3 league teams totat, it is just really hard to field two All Star teams.

Good Luck to All the Teams.  Let's just hope that the rain stays away!

I drove by the field and it looks amazing.  I don't know everybody who must have worked all day on it literally so I better not name any names. 

But let's just hope for no rain tonight.  If it doesnt rain hard, conditions will be perfect.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder