TEXAS SHOOTOUT! 6/4-6/6

Southeast Texas girls get to show their stuff in front of many of the nations top coaches. Florida State, A&M, Notre Dame, LSU just to name a few... And if you have the Ivy league academics.. Yale and Havard will be present. I know SSSC will have at least 4 teams in attendance... Really impressed with the 98 draw... They are playing some studs! The 93 girls are the team to beat in their group.

A few weeks back I was talking about my opportunity to see 2012 24th rank recruit in the nation Jordan Hatler. quite a treat I might add.. Well folks I have done my research and the 17Th ranked D'Feeters 93 (Hughes Team is ranked 180 out of a possible 1500+.. which is not shabby by NO MEANS) that posses the #1 ranked 2011 recruit and U18 national team player Chioma Ubogagu on their roster, who I might add is already committed to Stanford.. will be playing at 3:00pm Friday and I will have a ring side seat... As I told someone else I love to watch greatness, especially in it's infancy. As a famous onetime Dallas Cowboy once said. "Get yer Popcorn ready"

Hope to see some of you there.

ps.  Big UPS to STEVE HENANDEZ'S U19 TEAM FOR WINNING THE DIRECTOR'S CUP STATE TITLE!!!!!!

Went and saw Chioma, #1 2011 recruit.. was a little disappointed, only because in 20 minutes of play she only touched the ball 4 to 6 times and she dished it off each time, then they sub her out. I was already late for work so I could not stay and watch the 2nd half for her return. You could tell there was something different about her... Like a panther stalking its prey, very patient, not getting in any hurry, just waiting for the unsuspecting victum to make a mistake. Then Gotcha! If it tells you something the Head Coach of  A&M left as soon as she left the field as well.

However the Great news is that our southeast texas girls drew the attention of some scouts.. I know SMU,SFA and UT at Dallas was doing some inquiries.

I got a list of 51 coaches that were at our game. From Air Force to West Piont. Angelo State, Ball State, Brown, Columbia, Dartmouth, Kansas, Marquette, Penn, Colorado to name a few... Well everyone still have games Sat. and Sunday and we will keep ya posted. I am going back to my perch.

Rip

ps Chloe and the SSSC girls had a very good game against a group from Utah.

Spindletop Select 93G won 1-0 today against the Texas Lightning 93G Black.  Last year Natalie Hagar blew her knee out against this same team.  A year later...she has the game winning goal!  Congrats Natalie! And congrats to all the girls on a great game!

I want to give props to Spindletop Select's 96 Girls.  They had a nice weekend at the Texas Shootout against some good competition with 3 wins and 1 loss.  Also, congrats to the U19's on winning Director's Cup and the U17's ('93's) for all your accomplishments the last 7 years.

[u]SSSC 96 Shootout Results[/u]
    3-0 FC Falcons
    3-0 Lonestar 96G White SA
    1-2 Sting West 96
    1-0 96G Centex Cyclones

Final Day was HOOOTTTT!

Zuri and AHFC 93G blue beat a spunky Colorado Springs group 1-0 on a beautiful low cross and finish. Just as I drew it up in my mind.

SSSC 93G played one of the best games I saw all weekend. Fell behind 0-2 in the first half to a very good team from Forth Worth. Then on the speed of Emily Hughes and Kaitlyn Stowe, tenacity of Haley Shipman and the " I am always in the right place at the right time" timing of Natalie Hagar, they put in their first goal. I may have a few of the names mixed up, but I am sure Natalie finished the goal. Haley was definately in there softening up the defense with some (legal) body blows. And Emily, Caitlyn and Lisl Ost was for sure streaking down the side line making cross after perfect cross for someone to get onto. All I can really remember is they made in the neighborhood of 6 to 8 passes starting from in the back and the ball was in the net. And of course Jan looks over to me and says, that is soccer and I nod in agreement. It surely was. Moments later another ball came in an if I am not mistaken Chloe finished this one, to pull them to level. Chloe was having a great time with her new found friend #4 from Forth Worth...  but I will let her tell you about that one. You know how these sweet young ladies can be when they step on the soccer field :o  Well the game goes back and forth, mostly forth with Spindletop finding renewed energy and strength. Defense was very stingy behind Horning, the Long sisters, Layken Richard and Hannah Babin. Of Course Yasi was doing what she does facilitating offense and dominating the middle. It was a total team effort. I am sad to say I need some help on who scored the winning goal (3rd), but It looked like Chloe was robbed(of what would have been the teams 4th goal) after being taken down in the box by her buddy #4 and company. She took the penalty and the keeper deflected it and Chloe followed the shot and tapped what appeared to be a ball across the line. The center waived it off. Now someone who knows soccer explain this to me. Can the person taking the penalty follow their shot and score a deflected shot or dropped ball by the keeper? I thought so but I am not very good with the rules.

GREAT GAME!  Glad I was there to see it!

The Airforce coach, University of Arkansas at little Rock and U T of Tyler each took in some or all of the game. Some one should be getting an email. 8) And Girls donot be afraid to be the one's to initiate the email blasts.

Was a great game!!

Not sure if if it was Natalie or Kaitlyn Stowe that finished the third goal. Girls would know.  The entire second half they were doing a good job of passing back and forth in front of the box and being there for one another so the goals were a total team effort-whoever can get it in there!  Haley Shipman looked terrific this weekend, and was a great contributor. Natalie is definitely back up to speed, and Nancy Alvarez is getting there....the sun dropping down a little for the second half may have helped a little!  Or Jan gave them all the right advice at halftime... .

Congrats to the 96's, they have been working hard and that is a good showing for a Challenge tournament. Challenge does a good job at matching teams up so whoever you play is tough enough but not too tough (usually)....

:D Ha Ha, I was talking to Mike Hughes today and he said that I had posted somewhere on SETX that Chloe was the #1 recruit in the Nation in the 2011 Class.  I asked myself, Where did I post that?

The name up above is Chioma Ubogagu, she is of African decent and was living in London as of 7yrs ago. She is currently living in Dallas and plays with the D'Feeters, Now how does that get twisted to Chloe from PN-G? Crazy , as much as I am a huge fan of Chloe, this is not the same young lady.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86