19-4A All-district teams

Guest GCMPats

[quote name="RUKIDDINGME" post="802032" timestamp="1273965572"]
WOW.....As Coach Byrd would say. BH with an honorable mention selection who came was inserted into the lineup after prom? WOW...... And a Defensive MVP on a 7-7 team that failed to reach the playoffs. WOW.. ???
[/quote]Congradulations to the kids that made the team. I know quite a few of these kids and it is well deserving. As far as the kid your are talking about as defensive MVP I have been around this kid personally and he played a couple of tournaments with our team during the fall and this kid works his a** off and I would take him on any team any time(This team would not have been in the position they were in without him). Also congradulations to Price,Taylor,Chance and Jacob. All your hard work payed off.

[quote name="RUKIDDINGME" post="802298" timestamp="1274023226"]
The post was not to question the kids work ethic only to state the obvious. No coach in his right mind can justify a Defensive MVP first baseman out of the the 150 plus participants in 19-4a. How the heck does anybody think the ball arrived in his mitt? Call it what it is all these awards are soley based on offensive production as one coach explained to me and offensive only. Defense has no place in the minds of our coaches and fans. As speckledtackle indicated the honorable mentioned candidate owes the prom kid a special thanks for being able to garner enough PT to recive his trophy.
[/quote]

It's a shame when awards are posted after every season, someone has to always act like an a@#hole. You quote Coach Byrd's "Wow" saying like you know him well. Coach Byrd has helped coach (as you call) the Defensive MVP first baseman for 4 years. I do know Coach Byrd and I believe his comment would be WOW its about time this kid gets recognized. I guest all the scoops, diving catches and throw outs he had this year had nothing to do with him receiving the award. If the award was given out based off offensive production as you state, do your homework he has the stats to back it up. Congrats to all the players.

[quote name="SETXSPORTSJUNKIE" post="802330" timestamp="1274029514"]
Am I correct that it takes only 1 vote to be named honorable mention?  He (the prom kid's replacement) at least had the vote of one coach, probably his own, but still, he probably felt the kid was worthy! 
[/quote]

I see 2 kids from BH that made honorable mention, Santana & Thompson. Thompson was the starting catcher and Santana started everytime Leggett pitched. When a kid was lost due to issues at the prom Santana started every game. The prom replacement Matt King was pulled up from JV and did a great job. Know the facts before you make comments.

[quote name="BH10" post="802322" timestamp="1274026098"]
[quote author=RUKIDDINGME link=topic=69733.msg802298#msg802298 date=1274023226]
The post was not to question the kids work ethic only to state the obvious. No coach in his right mind can justify a Defensive MVP first baseman out of the the 150 plus participants in 19-4a. How the heck does anybody think the ball arrived in his mitt? Call it what it is all these awards are soley based on offensive production as one coach explained to me and offensive only. Defense has no place in the minds of our coaches and fans. As speckledtackle indicated the honorable mentioned candidate owes the prom kid a special thanks for being able to garner enough PT to recive his trophy.
[/quote]

It's a shame when awards are posted after every season, someone has to always act like an a@#hole. You quote Coach Byrd's "Wow" saying like you know him well. Coach Byrd has helped coach (as you call) the Defensive MVP first baseman for 4 years. I do know Coach Byrd and I believe his comment would be WOW its about time this kid gets recognized. I guest all the scoops, diving catches and throw outs he had this year had nothing to do with him receiving the award. If the award was given out based off offensive production as you state, do your homework he has the stats to back it up. Congrats to all the players.
[/quote]

I know the kid well. He plays hard and is solid. The only coaching he got was from his dad. He was moved to first his jr. year because there was no opening behind the plate. Oh yea he is about 6ft 4in tall big target at first

[quote name="mustang32" post="802668" timestamp="1274124004"]
[quote author=BH10 link=topic=69733.msg802322#msg802322 date=1274026098]
[quote author=RUKIDDINGME link=topic=69733.msg802298#msg802298 date=1274023226]
[/quote]

[/quote]Lyday is a great choice for Def MVP-----fine young man and a very good ball player

I know the kid well. He plays hard and is solid. The only coaching he got was from his dad. He was moved to first his jr. year because there was no opening behind the plate. Oh yea he is about 6ft 4in tall big target at first
[/quote]

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BH0088" post="803025" timestamp="1274204269"]

I noticed there are no CE King kids anywhere on the All-Dist teams.  Whats up with that ?  I thought each team had to be represented.  Even NF had a few.  CE King had a few solid players.
[/quote]

John Ross Johnson is actually from C E King not Kingwood Park.
But, I agree that they should have had more representatives.

Guest GCMPats
First Team 19-4A:

MVP: Tyler Nichols (KP)

Off MVP: Price Jacobs (GCM)

Def MVP: Tyler Lyday (BH)

P: Chance Czerwonka (GCM)
P: Jeremy Gabryzswski (Crosby)
P: Efren Garcia (GP)
P: Kyle Leggett (BH)

C: Andrew Cole (King)

1st Base: Austin Salter (KP)

2nd Base: Albert Rios (GP)