Braden v. A-Rod

Anybody have an opinion on this ongoing debacle?  I'm on the Braden side if you ask me.  A-Rod has been known to break some other "un-written rules" (calling "ball" while running the bases next to SS and 3B).  I don't see how running over a mound can be better than running around, obviously he did it to get Braden's attention, and Braden called him out for it...shows some guys steal actually care about the game.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="800735" timestamp="1273698622"]
Braden all the way. Drill him next time you face him.
[/quote]

And again and again. I'm sure Braden wants to fight him to prove his point.. So if he won't charge after one time, do it again. Don't mess with us pitchers.  ;)

I didn't see what happened and I really don't care, but how common knowledge are these "unwritten rules?"  The only reason that I ask is because Mark McLemore, former RANGERS second baseman, was on with Tom Grieve last night and said that he had never heard of this rule and that he ran across the diamond many times throughout his career.  Tom Grieve agreed with him, but both also agreed that they never ran over the dirt of the mound. Again, I didn't see what A-Rod did and I'm not saying to heck with these "unwritten rules", just wondering how long this particular one has been around and how many people follow this one.

[quote name="Ty Cobb" post="800882" timestamp="1273757599"]
I didn't see what happened and I really don't care, but how common knowledge are these "unwritten rules?"  The only reason that I ask is because Mark McLemore, former RANGERS second baseman, was on with Tom Grieve last night and said that he had never heard of this rule and that he ran across the diamond many times throughout his career.  Tom Grieve agreed with him, but both also agreed that they never ran over the dirt of the mound. Again, I didn't see what A-Rod did and I'm not saying to heck with these "unwritten rules", just wondering how long this particular one has been around and how many people follow this one.
[/quote]

I would think this one has been around for awhile. It's one thing to cross over near the mound but to actually cross over the mound intentionally is another. My personal opinion is that A-Rod knew full well what he was doing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline