Bridge City vs Coldsprings set

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="797318" timestamp="1272906795"]
At Humble Summer Creek

GM 1. Thurs. 7 pm
GM 2. Fri.   7 pm
Gm 3. Sat.   2 pm
[/quote]

Be sure to add in about 30 mins or more for travel time. Beltway 8 has a ton of construction going on in this area along with the usual traffic.

BC & OF have to take these games one at a time to advance.

But I can't help but hope that since they are on different sides of the bracket that they can some how end up playing--way up there--for the Region III Championship.  You may see this as an silly vision: but personally, I think it will take very fine teams to take these two teams out.

BCs Sophomores will have to mature just a bit more to beat OF--I expect it to come down to the wire if these two prime teams make it deep enough to play again.

Just looking at the Bracket set-up; both teams will be really tested by some- tusale-hawgs-type teams to possibly arrive at a Finalist re-match.

Directions according to [i]bing.com[/i] maps:  
IH10 to Houston to Exit 781A
Take ramp right for Beltway 8 N / Sam Houston Pkwy N toward Sam Houston Pkwy (4 miles)
Take ramp right for E Beltway 8 / E Sam Houston Pkwy N toward Liberty / Houston (8 miles)
Turn left onto W Lake Houston Pkwy; Keep straight onto N Lake Houston Pkwy  (1.2 miles)
Turn right onto Weckford Blvd;  Summer Creek HS is at 14000 Weckford Blvd, Houston 77044

This school is so new that aerial views show road construction and Google maps says Weckford doesn't exist.  SCHS is located at 14000 Weckford Boulevard, near the intersection of Beltway 8 and West Lake Houston Parkway adjacent to the Summerwood community on the shores of Lake Houston.  An aerial view of the school shows the baseball stadium to be way in the back, between tennis courts and football stadium.  It appears you take a left upon entering school grounds and follow the road around the school to a large parking lot.  Hope this helps. 

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="GingerSnap" post="797697" timestamp="1272993003"]
Directions according to [i]bing.com[/i] maps:  
IH10 to Houston to Exit 781A
Take ramp right for Beltway 8 N / Sam Houston Pkwy N toward Sam Houston Pkwy (4 miles)
Take ramp right for E Beltway 8 / E Sam Houston Pkwy N toward Liberty / Houston (8 miles)
Turn left onto W Lake Houston Pkwy; Keep straight onto N Lake Houston Pkwy  (1.2 miles)
Turn right onto Weckford Blvd;  Summer Creek HS is at 14000 Weckford Blvd, Houston 77044

This school is so new that aerial views show road construction and Google maps says Weckford doesn't exist.  SCHS is located at 14000 Weckford Boulevard, near the intersection of Beltway 8 and West Lake Houston Parkway adjacent to the Summerwood community on the shores of Lake Houston.  An aerial view of the school shows the baseball stadium to be way in the back, between tennis courts and football stadium.  It appears you take a left upon entering school grounds and follow the road around the school to a large parking lot.  Hope this helps. 

[/quote]

You will see Summer Creek subdivision on the right (can't miss it).  School is on the left off the Beltway. Very new, very big.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Critter" post="797962" timestamp="1273075350"]
GCMPats check your PM
[/quote]

OK. Just did.

Now my reply will not make any sense to you.

Can someone supply an address that can be used to enter on the GPS?   In order to miss the Hwy work on Beltway 8.... we might want to come up HWY 1960 and then set the GPS to get over to the baseball field..... or use Hwy 90 to get close.

Thank you in advance!

Summer Creek HS is at 14000 Weckford Blvd, Houston 77044, near the intersection of Beltway 8 and West Lake Houston Parkway. 

GCMPats, Is the majority of Beltway 8 construction between IH10 and Hwy 90, or between HWY 90 and W Lake Houston Parkway?  Thanks in advance. 

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="GingerSnap" post="797986" timestamp="1273078674"]
Summer Creek HS is at 14000 Weckford Blvd, Houston 77044, near the intersection of Beltway 8 and West Lake Houston Parkway.  

GCMPats, Is the majority of Beltway 8 construction between IH10 and Hwy 90, or between HWY 90 and W Lake Houston Parkway?  Thanks in advance.  
[/quote]

You can avoid some of it by going HWY 90. The intersection of Beltway 8 and HWY 90 tends to get backed up the worst. When you exit off of HWY 90 onto the Beltway, often times you are able to aviod the back-up at that intersection.

The construction of the overpasses on the Beltway is what is causing most of the back-up. There is, however, a lot of traffic on a typical workday due to the stoplights on the Beltway.  It's not terrible, just need to be aware that traffic is possible. (and if there's a wreck, it's way crazy)

[quote name="cardinal66" post="797994" timestamp="1273080610"]
If you go down 1960, turn left in Atascocita at W. Lake Houston Pkwy and it goes straight into parking lot of Summer Creek High at the Beltway.  There is a cvs or walgreens right there at the light.
[/quote]
What would be the time difference between this way and I-10.. cause I can't get off work in Ornge until 4:30????

If you go 90 to Dayton and turn on 1960 in Dayton, it takes you into Atascocita. I would add about 20 to 30 minutes.  The light at 1960 and W. Lake Houston can be busy in the evening time.  I know Beaumont to Crosby on 90 is only about 10 minutes or less longer than travelling I-10.  Hope the cards win, my screen name is a reference to the state champs of 66.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="cardinal66" post="798001" timestamp="1273081981"]
If you go 90 to Dayton and turn on 1960 in Dayton, it takes you into Atascocita. I would add about 20 to 30 minutes.  The light at 1960 and W. Lake Houston can be busy in the evening time.  I know Beaumont to Crosby on 90 is only about 10 minutes or less longer than travelling I-10.  Hope the cards win, my screen name is a reference to the state champs of 66.
[/quote]

Hwy 90 would be the quickest route if you choose NOT to go on I-10.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder