*Nederland @ Vidor Broadcast THREAD*/ NEDERLAND WINS 6-2!!!!!

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="8isgreat" post="795078" timestamp="1272323941"]
I cannot believe these announcers inciting this crowd. Absolutely unacceptable behavior. I understand the fans are upset but no excuse for the announcer to behave that way. He made the speech before the game on unsportsmanlike behavior. UNREAL!
[/quote]

I agree. A public address announcer cannot act in that manner. Very unprofessional and poor behavior.

How is Winnie, Groves and Lumberton stacked? I agree with the call but if I had been a Vidor fan I would have been mad. That's natural. My problem was with the unprofessional announcer. That was ridiculous and I would not appreciate that at my own park.

Guest Penny
[quote name="Pirates73" post="795166" timestamp="1272334017"]
Ref's -----one from Winnie, one from Groves and one from Lumberton.  Don't tell me that game wasn't stacked.  Give us a break people.  Somebody needs to get excited and get tossed it that is what it takes. 
[/quote]

First of all, there were no Refs at the game.  Second, can someone run down the situation for those who were not at the game.  I hear interference called, then overturned... would love to hear the UMPIRES call and then whatever was reversed.

Guest JoesBros
They called a interference called on the runner going from first to second. It wasnt called when it happend. Then when the play was over Coach Robbins from Nederland came out and said something to umps about it. The umps ended up reversing the call and calling the running standing on second out.

Vidor had runners 1st and 2nd no outs. Chopper to second base, runner going to second appears to extend hand out to block second baseman's view of ball, he makes the play at 1st for the out, runner going to 2nd safe.

Umpires have conference and call runner to 2nd out. Vidor instead of runners at 2nd and 3rd and 1 out, now have runner at third and 2 outs.