All District Prospects for 20-4A...

Who do you feel will be on the 20-4A all district team?  

1. 1. Who do you feel will be on the 20-4A all district team?

• ?
    • ?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well from vidor you got to have pitcher maybe even mvp if they win out and win district trae hester, then i would think mike hester would be close to making for the great job he has done catching this year, then maybe maxwell as shortshop maybe 2nd team and hagler 2nd team also you have the little man and if i dont spell it right sorry mojica good leadoff man and plays a good of maybe 1st team but i would think for sure 2nd team

Guest piratedad11
what about tyler kennon from vidor..for 2nd team?....he is leading team in batting and onbase percentage, and does a great job in right field.

i think kennon should probaly at least make honarable mention but i think he will get over looked because there are other big names and he is a quite killer which i like but also there is so many great players in the district you never know where anyone will go but yes he has played well enough to make it and is he a junior this year?

[quote name="The Real McCoy 12" post="793513" timestamp="1271959025"]
well from vidor you got to have pitcher maybe even mvp if they win out and win district trae hester, then i would think mike hester would be close to making for the great job he has done catching this year, then maybe maxwell as shortshop maybe 2nd team and hagler 2nd team also you have the little man and if i dont spell it right sorry mojica good leadoff man and plays a good of maybe 1st team but i would think for sure 2nd team
[/quote]We have a pretty good first baseman also.

Guest piratedad11
[quote name="The Real McCoy 12" post="793639" timestamp="1271973667"]
i think kennon should probaly at least make honarable mention but i think he will get over looked because there are other big names and he is a quite killer which i like but also there is so many great players in the district you never know where anyone will go but yes he has played well enough to make it and is he a junior this year?
[/quote]

Yes he is a Junior this year

I'll state players that IMO should obviously be in the running:
PNG:  Rhame(1B), Reyenga(P/OF), Sweetenham(P/3B), Stone(SS), Jalali(OF)  
Ned:  Bellow(P/1B/MVP); Laird(P/1B/OF); Cardenas(OF); Brady(OF); Pitts(DH); Sonnier(SS)
Vid:  T. Hester(P); Hagler(P/3B); M. Hester(C); Mojica(OF)
LCM:  S. Waddell(1B); Landry(SS)
Lum:  Bell(P); Bingham(C)
Liv:  ??
Ozen:  Nobody
Cen:  Nobody

Defensive MVP:  Babino(C) since he doesn't get to bat with Pitts as DH.

I know my opinion seems weighted to the top three teams in district but I believe those three teams are that much better than the rest due to talent level.  I also know there are probably some I missedbut off the top of my head these are the players that have stuck out.  

[quote name="Cool Hand Luke" post="794030" timestamp="1272055298"]
Ned:  Bellow(P/1B/MVP); Laird(P/1B/OF); Cardenas(OF); Brady(OF); Pitts(DH); Sonnier(SS)

I know my opinion seems weighted to the top three teams in district but I believe those three teams are that much better than the rest due to talent level.  I also know there are probably some I missedbut off the top of my head these are the players that have stuck out.  
[/quote]

No Maxwell or Peno for Vidor..?

[quote name="VP" post="794789" timestamp="1272253457"]
[quote author=Cool Hand Luke link=topic=68941.msg794030#msg794030 date=1272055298]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not with the other players at their positions.

[quote name="Cool Hand Luke" post="794960" timestamp="1272308421"]
[quote author=VP link=topic=68941.msg794789#msg794789 date=1272253457]
[quote author=Cool Hand Luke link=topic=68941.msg794030#msg794030 date=1272055298]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then please clue me in on who the 4 guys in the district are that have out-played these two at their position...?

[quote name="VP" post="795511" timestamp="1272418128"]
[quote author=Cool Hand Luke link=topic=68941.msg794960#msg794960 date=1272308421]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then please clue me in on who the 4 guys in the district are that have out-played these two at their position...?
[/quote]

Sonnier, Stone, and Landry at SS.
Rhame, Waddell, Erickson,  Laird and Bellow(will both be all district as pitchers so I guess you don't count them) at 1st

[quote name="Pluto" post="795583" timestamp="1272461039"]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=68941.msg793656#msg793656 date=1271976154]
mojica and trae should be locks for 1st team
[/quote]

So should Mike!
[/quote]

Who from the top two teams(Cardenas(Ned), Brady(Ned), Reyenga(PNG), and Jalali(PNG)) does Mojica beat out?  He's a good player but would he start ahead of these four guys?  I think Mojica is a 2nd Teamer this year.  There's only two pitchers that should get 1st team ahead of T. Hester and that is Laird and Bellow.  Bellow will be MVP so Laird and T. Hester should both be 1st Team pitchers.  I can see M. Hester competing for 1st team catcher.

Of the 5 listed players, Cardenas(Ned), Brady(Ned), Reyenga(PNG), Jalali(PNG) and Mojica (Vidor), who has the highest on-base percentage average do you think?

[quote name="Cool Hand Luke" post="795632" timestamp="1272475265"]
[quote author=Pluto link=topic=68941.msg795583#msg795583 date=1272461039]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=68941.msg793656#msg793656 date=1271976154]
[/quote]

So should Mike!
[/quote]

Who from the top two teams(Cardenas(Ned), Brady(Ned), Reyenga(PNG), and Jalali(PNG)) does Mojica beat out?  He's a good player but would he start ahead of these four guys?  I think Mojica is a 2nd Teamer this year.  There's only two pitchers that should get 1st team ahead of T. Hester and that is Laird and Bellow.  Bellow will be MVP so Laird and T. Hester should both be 1st Team pitchers.  I can see M. Hester competing for 1st team catcher.
[/quote]

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="795553" timestamp="1272428723"]
[quote author=VP link=topic=68941.msg795511#msg795511 date=1272418128]
[quote author=Cool Hand Luke link=topic=68941.msg794960#msg794960 date=1272308421]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Rhame, Waddell, Erickson,  Laird and Bellow(will both be all district as pitchers so I guess you don't count them) at 1st

[/quote]
that's 3 shortstops, not 4..
and if Laird and Bellow are 1st team pitchers, that's 3 1st basemen. I was under the impression there were 4 spots, 2 on each team. But correct me if i'm wrong.

[quote name="VP" post="795796" timestamp="1272514497"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=68941.msg795553#msg795553 date=1272428723]
[quote author=VP link=topic=68941.msg795511#msg795511 date=1272418128]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
that's 3 shortstops, not 4..
and if Laird and Bellow are 1st team pitchers, that's 3 1st basemen. I was under the impression there were 4 spots, 2 on each team. But correct me if i'm wrong.
[/quote]

Depends on the coaches.  Last year there was one first teamer and one 2nd teamer and no honorable mention;  year before one first teamer and two 2nd teamers; year before that everybody who played got recognized either as 1st team, 2nd team, or honorable mention.  All District will be watered down if they recognize 4 players at each position.  Also, whether deserved or not, every school will get representatives which means a player that deserves it will get knocked out.

[quote name="BASEBALLFANS" post="795642" timestamp="1272476714"]
Of the 5 listed players, Cardenas(Ned), Brady(Ned), Reyenga(PNG), Jalali(PNG) and Mojica (Vidor), who has the highest on-base percentage average do you think?

[quote author=Cool Hand Luke link=topic=68941.msg795632#msg795632 date=1272475265]
[quote author=Pluto link=topic=68941.msg795583#msg795583 date=1272461039]
[/quote]

So should Mike!
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I know from Nederland it would be Cardenas but OBP is only one stat....if your leadoff then it obp more important than if your in the 2 hole like Brady where you are often expected to sacrifice the leadoff over......or if you are in the 4 hole like Cardenas where you are expected to produce rbis.....batting over .400 Cardenas should be 1st Team for 2nd year straight....Brady is also batting over .400 and has been solid defensively so he as well should be 1st Team.     

Defensive MVP:  Babino(C) since he doesn't get to bat with Pitts as DH.

I know my opinion seems weighted to the top three teams in district but I believe those three teams are that much better than the rest due to talent level.  I also know there are probably some I missedbut off the top of my head these are the players that have stuck out.  
[/quote
There are some pretty good players on Central and Ozen team even though they didn't win, they still played as well as anyone else.

For Central Donte Wilkerson and Devan Ogletree and for Ozen Tre Thomas and Greg Monette.  These are some pretty good players even though their teams didnt do well..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder