I don't know if I'm this honest

Brain Davis called a penalty on himself on the 1st hole of a playoff costing him his 1st tour win and about $400K.

Would you do the same?

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Davis-calls-penalty-on-himself-gives-up-shot-at?urn=golf,234963

i think some of the rules of the PGA need to be fixed.  I certainly admire the honesty of these golfers, but the fact that they had to make such a sacrifice over such petty infractions is pretty dumb.  i can understand turning in an incorrect score card being a reason for a penalty, but not for signing a score card that your playing partner had marked incorrectly.  it's just too rigid for me.  he loses a shot at a playoff because he nicked a weed on his way up on his backswing?  the contact was so minimal it could only be seen in slow motion?  who gives a crap then?

[quote name="westend1" post="792078" timestamp="1271709901"]
I would have hacked that weed down with my wedge BEFORE attempting the shot.                   :)
[/quote]
Don't really now the rules (which I agree are "finicky"), but I don't think you can move loose impediments in a hazard before the shot or during the swing...
It was a stupid penalty, but you really have to admire the guy for bringing attention to it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline