ALL SETX TEAM NOMINATIONS - VOTING OPEN UNTIL APRIL 25

I have added players to each poll that were voted to a superlative in their district (and some that have been requested already). I will add any players that you feel deserve to be considered for the voting. The only requirements are that they must have at least been voted First Team All District.

I want to give enough time for everyone that wants to vote and comes to the soccer thread to vote, but I'd like to be able to have the teams posted fairly soon. I think I'll leave it up for about 2 weeks for everyone to vote, and then i'll lock the voting (April 25th) and I'll post the results as soon as possible after that.

If there aren't very many results I can leave it up for an extra week if needed.

For now we'll say Voting Ends on April 25th - 2 weeks from today.

there's a reason why several of the other sports do not consider fan voting in making their all-setx teams, as well as when they do rankings.  it ought to be pretty evident why based on the results of several of the polls so far.  unfortunately, there are only two (well, now four) moderators who spend any time in this forum at all, which is nowhere near enough to get a fair amount of opinions in picking a team.  this means we're relying on you, the fan, to be fair in your voting.  this is not a popularity contest, and it's not about voting for all of the people that go to your school or your child's school.  vote for the best player, and if you don't know much about a particular group of kids, don't vote at all in that category. 

Bullets, I know the way this is set up does make a popularity contest a possibility. We could work on a different format for next year, but I feel that there needs to be some kind of recognition given to the local soccer players like that given to football, basketball, and baseball.

[quote name="hj_hawk_60" post="789719" timestamp="1271191887"]
Bullets, I know the way this is set up does make a popularity contest a possibility. We could work on a different format for next year, but I feel that there needs to be some kind of recognition given to the local soccer players like that given to football, basketball, and baseball.
[/quote]

i absolutely agree.  i think it's great what you're doing.  i just figured i'd take the time to at least ASK the people to do their best not to make it a popularity contest.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder