*Ex-Barbers Hill coach Price applies for H-F post/LIST POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T[quote name="SKEETER09" post="781469" timestamp="1269461943"]
[quote author=Rebel4Christ link=topic=67631.msg781340#msg781340 date=1269449029]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=67631.msg781333#msg781333 date=1269448508]
[quote author=RatedRSuperstar link=topic=67631.msg780613#msg780613 date=1269354953]
This will be Price's job if he wants it. Hands down and running away. And if that happens, there will be some u-haul rentals in the HF area real quick.
[/quote]

Yes, from people leaving town to get away.
[/quote]

Boy you must really be jealous of Don Price.  We haven't heard from you in months and you show up to say something negative about this man as he tries to get another job!  You and your school board buddies ran him out of town...you got your wish, now leave him alone.  As your kids go 2-8 next year trying to learn how to get along without him, you better hope he doesn't turn the HF program around quickly or you are going to look really foolish. 
[/quote]

Jody, I mean bh89-2, can't help it because he has no class.
[/quote]

Tell us somthing we didn't know lol

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Price's wife better watch out there seems to be an aweful lot of Man Crushes going his direction ;D ;D BH had a hard enough time beating HF with twice the enrollment in 3A! With that said I don't know how he would be the front runner for this spot unless he can do more with less. However I do think Coach Price would improve HF athletics.

Rebel change you name to Rebel4Price it would make more sense ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="781896" timestamp="1269537997"]
BH had a hard enough time beating HF with twice the enrollment in 3A!
[/quote]

That was in the 90's when Hamshire was competing for the district title with BH and Liberty. It was before Price was even the Head Coach at the Hill... Long time past my friend.

I think the decision lies with the elected officials and whether they want to focus there money on there football program. Like I said it is time to bring somthing new to a once proud program. PNG done this exact same thing one year ago. May take longer for the smaller school but this is extremely possible. HF will have the athletes to be good again just need the right net there to catch em win they do.

[quote name="vidort-bone42I" post="782431" timestamp="1269629520"]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=67631.msg781428#msg781428 date=1269457748]
[font=Courier]Could be a situation where the new coach won't be able to bring in too many assistants.[/font]
[/quote]

Imagine that  :o :o :o  Are assistant coaches required to [b]TEACH[/b] something at HF  ??? ??? ???
[/quote]

Obviously?

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="782584" timestamp="1269651805"]
[quote author=vidort-bone42I link=topic=67631.msg782431#msg782431 date=1269629520]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=67631.msg781428#msg781428 date=1269457748]
[font=Courier]Could be a situation where the new coach won't be able to bring in too many assistants.[/font]
[/quote]

Imagine that  :o :o :o  Are assistant coaches required to [b]TEACH[/b] something at HF  ??? ??? ???
[/quote]

Obviously?
[/quote]Not really an issue there is not much teaching going on at HF. They need to put as much effort into getting "QUALITY" teachers into the high school and getting them to stay.  There is a revolving door at HF when it comes to this issue.

[quote name="HFHORNS" post="782998" timestamp="1269705037"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=67631.msg782584#msg782584 date=1269651805]
[quote author=vidort-bone42I link=topic=67631.msg782431#msg782431 date=1269629520]
[/quote]

Imagine that  :o :o :o  Are assistant coaches required to [b]TEACH[/b] something at HF  ??? ??? ???
[/quote]

Obviously?
[/quote]Not really an issue there is not much teaching going on at HF. They need to put as much effort into getting "QUALITY" teachers into the high school and getting them to stay.  There is a revolving door at HF when it comes to this issue.
[/quote]

Wasn't HF an exemplary district last year?  If so, how do they get there without good teachers?

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="eagle65" post="783457" timestamp="1269831578"]
don price would be a plus to h-f. ....  [u]winning at bh is no easy task and he did it. [/u]
[/quote]

Thats it exactly.

[quote name="BHEagle1" post="783483" timestamp="1269836104"]
BH has been winning since the early 30s! Come on now, the Eagles have a winning tradition in all sports
[/quote]
the last really good quality team Price had at Barbers Hill was the group with the twins, their senior year was the best B Hill team since 2000, the talent level in football plunged since that group graduated, yet Price continued to post winning seasons.
Just when Price would have gotten some talent and depth (this years freshmen class) he was axed.

HF horns Fans, I know that money is tight, but if you really want to win in the athletic arena and in the classroom, then hire an AD that is separate than a coach. He or she can have other responsibilities within the school district that could enhance both the quality of your education and athletic programs. We had a plan to do this at BH in 2006, but the community was not open minded enough to listen and though that there was a hidden agenda. I know that in this time of financial stress that we are all in, that you all are thinking that this is nuts. But if you want the same treatment for the 7th grade female powerlifter that is given to the senior QB, then don't put the AD/Head Football Coach in the position to control the treatment. It's not fair to he or the kids! Good luck in your search and we hope to continue to have a fun, clean, competitive rivalry that we have had for years. It has been a great one!!

I agree BHeagle, but right now the AD is expected to do everything, including team laundry, mow the field, maintain the field, mark the field, etc.  As long as he's bogged down with those things, he'll never be able to concentrate on the things he really needs to do.  In talking to numerous ADs at other schools, HF seems to require things that are usually handled by maintenance crews or other staff.

[quote name="True Blue Mom" post="784826" timestamp="1270077644"]
I agree BHeagle, but right now the AD is expected to do everything, including team laundry, mow the field, maintain the field, mark the field, etc.  As long as he's bogged down with those things, he'll never be able to concentrate on the things he really needs to do.  In talking to numerous ADs at other schools, HF seems to require things that are usually handled by maintenance crews or other staff.
[/quote]

Maybe they are going to "reassign" Coach Mangan to do all of that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder