*Ex-Barbers Hill coach Price applies for H-F post/LIST POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="780658" timestamp="1269360256"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=67631.msg780637#msg780637 date=1269358153]
Malone would not make a week at HF. They could not handle him. The kids quit Mangan, the parents cried about Mangan, and the administration did not back Mangan. HF is different, the parents want to have a say so in everything over there. What the parents need to do is back off and let the coach do his job.

Mehaffey WILL be the next hire whether he is the best candidate or not.

Just watch.
[/quote] :D Hey, I'm a HF parent. Watch it buddy!Look let the coach do his job,but in the meantime, I want his address, phone number, email and twitter site. Just in case I need to speak to him and offer a little advice on how to run the Wing-T offense ;)
[/quote]
would you like his setx username too?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="horndawg" post="780662" timestamp="1269360584"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=67631.msg780658#msg780658 date=1269360256]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=67631.msg780637#msg780637 date=1269358153]
Malone would not make a week at HF. They could not handle him. The kids quit Mangan, the parents cried about Mangan, and the administration did not back Mangan. HF is different, the parents want to have a say so in everything over there. What the parents need to do is back off and let the coach do his job.

Mehaffey WILL be the next hire whether he is the best candidate or not.

Just watch.
[/quote] :D Hey, I'm a HF parent. Watch it buddy!Look let the coach do his job,but in the meantime, I want his address, phone number, email and twitter site. Just in case I need to speak to him and offer a little advice on how to run the Wing-T offense ;)
[/quote]
would you like his setx username too?
[/quote]If he gets the job? YES!

[quote name="PNG1992" post="780632" timestamp="1269357272"]
Malone took over a PNG team that won 1 game and scored a total of 1 offensive TD in all their district games in 1988 and had them in the state quarterfinals a year later in 1989.  He followed that up with a 2 round playoff run in 1990. He revived a dead program in 1 year and had folks hating PNG at a level that hadnt been seen in years.   

If they want a short-tem fix to get back on track Id be calling Nebraska.
[/quote]
I have to agree. For a quick turnaround Malone would be a good one.

Has this malone guy been living in a cave since 1989?  Why hasn't he coached in Texas since then?  We are talking about success achieved 21 years ago.  The time he has been out of Texas high school coaching can legally buy alcohol.  They need someone young and/or currently relevant at HF.

[quote name="pngfan1" post="780674" timestamp="1269361806"]
[quote author=PNG1992 link=topic=67631.msg780632#msg780632 date=1269357272]
Malone took over a PNG team that won 1 game and scored a total of 1 offensive TD in all their district games in 1988 and had them in the state quarterfinals a year later in 1989.  He followed that up with a 2 round playoff run in 1990. He revived a dead program in 1 year and had folks hating PNG at a level that hadnt been seen in years.   

If they want a short-tem fix to get back on track Id be calling Nebraska.
[/quote]
I have to agree. For a quick turnaround Malone would be a good one.
[/quote] Malone was dang good!!!!

[quote name="RatedRSuperstar" post="780613" timestamp="1269354953"]
This will be Price's job if he wants it. Hands down and running away. And if that happens, there will be some u-haul rentals in the HF area real quick.
[/quote]I tend to agree with you. In any case I think HF seems to be in a pretty good position to get a quality Coach, that is of course if the School District can afford them. 

As a parent at HF, (I know that is a condemnation in itself!) I don't think you shoud write off Mahaffey just because he has been here.  I like what he has done with our kids in the baseball program.  I like how he approaches the kids and us as parents.  His approach and the former AD/coach's approach are entirely different.   I think he is a quality guy.  Just because I am a parent that would approve of him as an AD doesn't mean he is not a quality choice.  Check out his background.  I think you will see a state championship in football as head coach/AD as well as several playoff appearances in multiple sports as head coach.  That doesn't happen by chance.

[quote name="RatedRSuperstar" post="780656" timestamp="1269360074"]
Exactly how would you determine if you were the worlds toughest man and greatest athlete?  Defeat all of the MMA champions? Beat all of the olympic champions in their events? [b]Maybe eat a can of spam with no bread or crackers?[/b] :D
[/quote]

A gallon of mustard and a can of spam... oh yeah!

Rob Powell is self proclaimed world's greatest athlete etc, but that is what may be needed to control those meddling HF parents. Heck there is one poster on the basketball board who is a train wreck waiting to happen in 2012(jmho). Hamshire Fannett (LaBelle and Cheek) needs Rob Powell. His website is:

www.worldfitnesschampion.net

[quote name="Dav-J" post="780714" timestamp="1269366740"]
[quote author=RatedRSuperstar link=topic=67631.msg780656#msg780656 date=1269360074]
Exactly how would you determine if you were the worlds toughest man and greatest athlete?  Defeat all of the MMA champions? Beat all of the olympic champions in their events? [b]Maybe eat a can of spam with no bread or crackers?[/b] :D
[/quote]

Rob Powell is self proclaimed world's greatest athlete etc, but that is what may be needed to control those meddling HF parents. Heck there is one poster on the basketball board who is a train wreck waiting to happen in 2012(jmho). Hamshire Fannett (LaBelle and Cheek) needs Rob Powell. His website is:

[/quote]

Sir, I know Rob Powell.  I've watched Rob Powell.  I've trained with Rob Powell.  And, Sir, you are no Rob Powell. 

Plus, Rob Powell would help the HF  band get all 1's at marching contest. :D :D :D

[quote author=RatedRSuperstar link=topic=67631.msg780656#msg780656 date=1269360074]
[/quote]

Rob Powell is self proclaimed world's greatest athlete etc, but that is what may be needed to control those meddling HF parents. [b]Heck there is one poster on the basketball board who is a train wreck waiting to happen in 2012(jmho). [/b] Hamshire Fannett (LaBelle and Cheek) needs Rob Powell. His website is:

[/quote]

I must come to the defense of my friend. The "poster" is the least of the new coach's worries. I have a son in the same grade as his youngest. I have never seen him present any problem for any coach that has handled either of his sons. How he stays so calm, I will never know. He watches basketball games like they are chess matches. It is amazing to see him sit there and hardly ever move. Although he likes to talk a little smack and get things going over on the basketball board, there is no fear of him ever being a problem.

One guy mentions the old coach from PN-G will work em hard and get em in shape. Then here we go with we dont want him or he isnt right for us. LOL.  The parents would like to keep the good ole boy system going out there. I work with a guy from HF and he has no faith in this process what so ever and he says the parents out there doesn't want anyone who will take over and shut em out.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="780797" timestamp="1269376403"]
One guy mentions the old coach from PN-G will work em hard and get em in shape. Then here we go with we dont want him or he isnt right for us. LOL.  The parents would like to keep the good ole boy system going out there. I work with a guy from HF and he has no faith in this process what so ever and he says the parents out there doesn't want anyone who will take over and shut em out.
[/quote]

So I guess that rules out Coach Rob Powell "The World's Toughest Man"

Exactly how would you determine if you were the worlds toughest man and greatest athlete?  Defeat all of the MMA champions? Beat all of the olympic champions in their events? [b]Maybe eat a can of spam with no bread or crackers?[/b] :D
[/quote]

[/quote] It's 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 :P  :P

Many mothers out there have a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other and believe that they can coach better than the coach. Parents who refuse to allow their kid to be disciplined or put through a little hard work coupled with an incompetent school board make that district a disaster in the making. All of those coaches that applied should seriously reconsider.

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="780804" timestamp="1269377114"]
[font=Courier]They are still interviewing as of today. They will submit 3 names to the board & will name new guy by [b]April 1[/b]. [/font]
[/quote]

April Fool's Day?  That alone raises more questions.    ;D

[quote name="Dav-J" post="780808" timestamp="1269377409"]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=67631.msg780804#msg780804 date=1269377114]
[font=Courier]They are still interviewing as of today. They will submit 3 names to the board & will name new guy by [b]April 1[/b]. [/font]
[/quote]

April Fool's Day?  That alone raises more questions.    ;D

[/quote]April 5th a decision will be made.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86