Comment about Yates

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="775066" timestamp="1268316082"]
First of all for you uneducated folks... The entire 3rd Ward in NOT a ghetto! Do a little traveling and you will see that.  Second what is classy about saying, "that you are so sorry that I will stop playing hard just because we are up by so much! " Third, I don't think Yates could beat the undefeated Willowridge, Dallas Lincoln, Ozen, or Houston Milby (the weakest link) teams from this decade. But I do see that they play and entirely different ball game than those teams.  If you don't see the difference you don't know basketball.  Yates makes up for their lack of basket skill by constant running.  All of the previous mentioned team were half court teams.  Only the Lincoln team was a pressing team but it wasn't as aggressive.   Yates would be similar to the Wheatly teams of that time frame... The lack of great guards on one team and a great coach is the reason Yates will win it all.  No TJ Ford, Daniel Ewing, Kenny Taylor teams out their...  And wise is coaching his butt off...

Nothing feels worse than the mercy rule in baseball or getting whipped badly in soccer, but no we don't sit here and whine about a team of white boys beating up on the urban schools!!! And Yates has been whippin up on majority other urban or majority black schools so that argument is null and void!!!! Just like Larry Bird said and I quote, "Its a Black man's game!"  Just like Hockey, Baseball, soccer, and golf are not.

[/quote]

THANK YOU!!! U of H is in 3rd ward along with TSU. Get a map. LOL.

Yeah.. McGregor and the Medical district is in 3-Ward too!!!  I feel you on the Rush.. But honestly rush doesn't like anything or anybody....  But sometimes it is focused on Demos and Blacks!  I personally believe in gladiator sports.  I want my team to dominate and not make it close.  I don't want a suprise upset.  I wish the Cowboys win every game by 50.  The Rockets by 100.. And all UT sports win in blowouts, and all Central HS sports win in blowouts!!! That is just me!  Leave no doubt.  And I have been on the other side of that situation, no it doesn't feel good, but I respect and understand and believe in it!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="775174" timestamp="1268324336"]
A lot of affluent whites live in 3rd ward. Don't forget about S. mcGergor with those big 2-story homes and swimming pools. I hope this guy doesn't delete my comments again
[/quote]

Dove... This guy has never been outside of Southeast Texas!!!!  Houston is foriegn to him!

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="775198" timestamp="1268325323"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=67197.msg775174#msg775174 date=1268324336]
A lot of affluent whites live in 3rd ward. Don't forget about S. mcGergor with those big 2-story homes and swimming pools. I hope this guy doesn't delete my comments again
[/quote]

Dove... This guy has never been outside of Southeast Texas!!!!  Houston is foriegn to him!
[/quote]Yep, being too bias can make one ignorant.

I dont have a dog in this fight but it appears to me that there is bias on both sides, one that doesnt agree with whats happening and another thinking it's ignorance becuase they haven't spent time there. It just looks to be biassed on both parts. I dont think it has a thing to do with trailor parks, wards, woods, or cities, goodole boy's, or home boy's. Its just preception and opinions. I personally hate it when the steriotypes start flying.

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="775230" timestamp="1268327854"]
I dont have a dog in this fight but it appears to me that there is bias on both sides, one that doesnt agree with whats happening and another thinking it's ignorance becuase they haven't spent time there. It just looks to be biassed on both parts. I dont think it has a thing to do with trailor parks, wards, woods, or cities, goodole boy's, or home boy's. Its just preception and opinions. I personally hate it when the steriotypes start flying.
[/quote]And who asked Sour Lake to intervene? Go do some bushhogging or something ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="775238" timestamp="1268328478"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=67197.msg775230#msg775230 date=1268327854]
[/quote]And who asked Sour Lake to intervene? Go do some bushhogging or something ;D
[/quote]

LMAO  :D

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="775230" timestamp="1268327854"]
[/quote]

yup.  well said.

Racism=ignorance. Its Basketball, and a good team. Why did this turn into a racial issue? Ive said it a million times, if you dont want to get beat bad.....dont suck. And the comments about the ghetto and uneducation are rediculous. Just like someone said, go drive through some "white" trailer parks or the backwoods and see all the crackheads and morons. Doesnt matter what a person's skin color is, there all the same. Just watch Cops on Fox. That show explains it all.

[quote name="bullets13000" post="775302" timestamp="1268330783"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=67197.msg775230#msg775230 date=1268327854]
[/quote]

yup.  well said.
[/quote]The man was corrected in his opinion of 3rd Ward in Houston. He WAS saying 3rd Ward was a ghetto. Well I know Ms. Morris (former teacher)would not like her neighborhood being called a ghetto when I know she has a nice fine -two story home off of McGregor Blvd. with neighbors who have pools in their back yards. :P

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="775311" timestamp="1268331627"]
[quote author=bullets13000 link=topic=67197.msg775302#msg775302 date=1268330783]
[/quote]

yup.  well said.
[/quote]The man was corrected in his opinion of 3rd Ward in Houston. He WAS saying 3rd Ward was a ghetto. Well I know Ms. Morris (former teacher)would not like her neighborhood being called a ghetto when I know she has a nice fine -two story home off of McGregor Blvd. with neighbors who have pools in their back yards. :P
[/quote]

I used to make that trip down mcgregor daily when i played for UH. Its a nice part of town. Sure, there are some bad spots, but everyone has them.

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="775320" timestamp="1268332416"]
Exactly... I tried to saty politcically correct on the race topic but its just funny that when they are upset with [s]Yates[/s] its always about "them people"
[/quote]

When theyre upset with any team besides Lumberton and Vidor

i have no respect for what coach wise is doing at yates.  i don't care what color he is.  i don't care what color the players on his team are.  it's about class, dignity, and respect for your opponent.  he doesn't show any of it.  he shouldn't be judged simply because he's black.  in the same token, he shouldn't be defended simply because he's black.  there are people on both sides that make this a racial issue.  it shouldn't be.  either you agree with what he's doing, or you don't.  if the reason you disagree with him is because of his race, you're an idiot, and the same goes for those who agree with him or protect him simply because of his race.  if you can look within yourself and say that you would have no problem with your child playing for him, or BETTER YET, can say that you'd have no problem with your child taking one of his 100-point beatdowns, then support him.  If you're like me, and can't stomache the idea of pressing an opponent when you're up 100, or fouling to stop the clock so that you can score some more, than feel free to criticize what he's doing.  but if you're basing even part of your opinion on his race, no matter which side you choose, your opinion isn't worth the toilet paper you wiped it on.  

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="775238" timestamp="1268328478"]
[/quote]

I believed it was necessary, it was you who throughout the "Bubba's" comment first dove, and then it all (both sides) went down hill from there. all I was trying to say is that it is just a difference in opinion, not race or a steriotype.  How can I bush hog anyway dove, [size=12pt][b]you borrowed my tractor to plant peas[/b][/size].... ;)

Just saying shouldn't have to be sides....just opinions no matter what the ethnics are envolved. As I said before I'm in the middle on this topic, I understand some of what Yates is doing, I don't neccesaarily agree with ALL of it.

[quote name="bullets13000" post="775334" timestamp="1268333335"]
i have no respect for what coach wise is doing at yates.  i don't care what color he is.  i don't care what color the players on his team are.  it's about class, dignity, and respect for your opponent.  he doesn't show any of it.  he shouldn't be judged simply because he's black.  in the same token, he shouldn't be defended simply because he's black.  there are people on both sides that make this a racial issue.  it shouldn't be.  either you agree with what he's doing, or you don't.  if the reason you disagree with him is because of his race, you're an idiot, and the same goes for those who agree with him or protect him simply because of his race.  if you can look within yourself and say that you would have no problem with your child playing for him, or BETTER YET, can say that you'd have no problem with your child taking one of his 100-point beatdowns, then support him.  If you're like me, and can't stomache the idea of pressing an opponent when you're up 100, or fouling to stop the clock so that you can score some more, than feel free to criticize what he's doing.  but if you're basing even part of your opinion on his race, no matter which side you choose, your opinion isn't worth the toilet paper you wiped it on.  
[/quote]

That's fine Bullets... I believe in Gladiator sports (period)

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="775337" timestamp="1268333493"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=67197.msg775238#msg775238 date=1268328478]
[/quote]

I believed it was necessary, it was you who throughout the "Bubba's" comment first dove, and then it all (both sides) went down hill from there. all I was trying to say is that it is just a difference in opinion, not race or a steriotype.  How can I bush hog anyway dove, [size=12pt][b]you borrowed my tractor to plant peas[/b][/size].... ;)

Just saying shouldn't have to be sides....just opinions no matter what the ethnics are envolved. As I said before I'm in the middle on this topic, I understand some of what Yates is doing, I don't neccesaarily agree with ALL of it.
[/quote]And please come and pick up your tractor, the motor  burned up :D

[color=navy][b]Nothing productive will come out of furthering this conversation except more attention to Yates which is why the original poster created this thread. Don't give him the pleasure of indulging him and simply move along...nothing new here as the topic of this thread has been beaten like a dead horse. Let them win their championship any way they see fit and turn the page and soon they will be an after thought! I do know this...on the way to our State Championship in '06 we played Yates in Rice stadium. The score was something like 31-0 at halftime us ALL over them easy...the final score ended up being 46-0 on primarily running plays in the second half. Could we have lit them up for 70? Yup, quite easily but we showed a little class and respect for our opponent and didn't choose to humiliate their once proud football program...nuff said![/b][/color]