Will this be the year Silsbee Brings Home The Trophy?

I'm talking about the basketball trophy.  I am not trying to turn up the pressure.  It already exists, at least from a fan point of view.  Hopefully the Tigers basketball team doesn't feel it at all.  Stay focused, but stay loose.

No one knows - yet, who the other three teams will be.  That will come out later tonight, or tomorrow.  Nor do we yet know what they bring to the table.  So, the question remains: is this the year?  Life in Silsbee will go on regardless.  Still, it sure would be nice if this year's team brought that state basketball trophy home.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I started this subject I had forgotten all about D. Madison.   gulp.  They can be beaten.  It is mathematically possible, but it won't be easy.  Do your best Tigers.

I visit the dfw area, but I am not up there long enough to get the feel of the high school basketball scene.  Same with this place.   I only come around at certain times, and those times ususally coincide with the Tigers having a good season.  That has been quite often here lately.  

Before this board I posted on the texas hoops spot, but that place was like the wild, wild west, as in lawless.  It was a good place to guage and know what the high school scene was like in the DFW, and other parts of Texas as well.   No matter what board you visit, there is no substitute for going to the games and seeing for yourself.

Bottomline, I forgot all about D Madison.  I remember now though.

[quote name="PINETREE" post="772689" timestamp="1267970312"]
[color=maroon][i][b]UIL brackets show Silsbee will play Estacado......anyone here know any info on this team?[/b][/i][/color]
[/quote]

The #1 and #2 seeding is based on winning percentage. Estacado, with it's 32-4 record, will be the #1 seed and Silsbee with it's 30-4 record, will be the #2 seed. These two teams will play the other two in the semifinals. Silsbee and Estacado would only face each other in the championship game.

There will be coin flip to determine who Estacado and Silsbee play out of Dallas Madison and Stafford.

We should know the pairings sometime this evening.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="772697" timestamp="1267972283"]
[quote author=PINETREE link=topic=66973.msg772689#msg772689 date=1267970312]
[color=maroon][i][b]UIL brackets show Silsbee will play Estacado......anyone here know any info on this team?[/b][/i][/color]
[/quote]

The #1 and #2 seeding is based on winning percentage. Estacado, with it's 32-4 record, will be the #1 seed and Silsbee with it's 30-4 record, will be the #2 seed. These two teams will play the other two in the semifinals. Silsbee and Estacado would only face each other in the championship game.

There will be coin flip to determine who Estacado and Silsbee play out of Dallas Madison and Stafford.

We should know the pairings sometime this evening.
[/quote]

Here is to hoping silsbee gets stafford!!!!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Indian54" post="772740" timestamp="1267979428"]
silsbee will blow the doors of staford that wouldn even be a good game to watch
[/quote]

I'm from Silsbee and I'd like to see a "Blow the doors off" game by Silsbee over ANYBODY.  Tigers not likely to play Stafford though it appears.

[color=maroon][color=maroon][i][b]Whether it's Madison or Stafford i want my Tigers to come back home with the state championship trophy to display for all doubters and haters to see....Silsbee High Forever.........Good luck Travis and your whole coaching staff[/color]

I have said all year this team has the size to match up with anyone.  If we cans get some outside shots to fall like last night and continue making our free throws and contolling the glass,  we will be fine.  Stay out of foul trouble and keep focused and the sky will be the limit.  Madison will be tough but play our best and we can do it.

[quote name="ST413" post="772900" timestamp="1268008744"]
I have said all year this team has the size to match up with anyone.  If we cans get some outside shots to fall like last night and continue making our free throws and contolling the glass,  we will be fine.  Stay out of foul trouble and keep focused and the sky will be the limit.  Madison will be tough but play our best and we can do it.
[/quote]

Silsbee has the athletes to match up with ANYONE in the state in 3A.  Period!

[quote name="Kountzer" post="772959" timestamp="1268013648"]
The D Mad players put on their uniforms, and lace up their sneakers just like the Tigers.  Occasionally upsets do happen.   Silsbee can beat Madison.  Why not?  It can happen.  [b]It will happen.  [/b]

[/quote]

you were good at it can happen

I believe Silsbee can match up with any of the teams. It's all about the Tigers defense and executing on offense and dealing with the pressure of playing for all the marbles.

I really like Silsbee's chances. They will not be over matched in any of these games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mesoc
    Newest Member
    mesoc