Will this be the year Silsbee Brings Home The Trophy?

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="773623" timestamp="1268110335"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=66973.msg773619#msg773619 date=1268109919]
[quote author=HJfan2 link=topic=66973.msg773610#msg773610 date=1268109547]
SILSBEE WILL NOT WIN STATE. Sorry
[/quote]

Maybe not but they have a great chance that only 1 other area team has.  And either way We Tiger fans will be very proud of the season they have had.  Just like HJ we had many questions coming into this year. No serious outside threat,  replacing a 2 time all state point guard among them.  At the end of the year we have what is probably the  Tiger team  best suited to win state in many many years.
[/quote]You are absolutely right.

If Silsbee goes home Thursday night, you still have a lot to be proud of (and rightfully so).  But if they hang in there for two more games and bring home the trophy, then all of Southeast Texas (including numerous Hawks fans!  ;)) will be even more proud of you guys!

Go Tigers!  (P.S.  I never thought I would be saying that!  ;))
[/quote]

Hey I have said Go Hawks a few times in the playoffs as well,  just not saturday.  ;) :D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="773621" timestamp="1268110199"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=66973.msg773618#msg773618 date=1268109817]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=66973.msg773614#msg773614 date=1268109693]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=66973.msg773588#msg773588 date=1268106879]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=66973.msg773371#msg773371 date=1268078738]
I gotta admit, I'm not sold on Silsbee, yet.  Don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for the Tigers to represent 21-3A and show the rest of the state what pressure basketball is!

But I haven't seen Silsbee play up to their full potential, even after 3 games with the Hawks.  If you pressure them, they turn the ball over.  They are still inconsistent at the free throw line (although that was the difference maker last Saturday..... sadly).  And I don't think they have the discipline that is necessary to win a state title.

If Silsbee had the discipline to play up to their full potential and [b][u]talent level[/u][/b], they should have beat Hardin Jefferson by over 20 points.
[/quote]

Silsbee undisciplined?  ::)

I guess that speaks volumes of the HJ team with this undisciplined Tiger team beating the very well coached HJ team 4 of the last 6 times these two have met. ;)
[/quote]AAW, do you think man for man, HJ had a team that was only 3 points less than Silsbee's?

I mentioned to the Tiger fans around me before the game that, "[i]watching the two teams warming up, I wonder how Silsbee doesn't beat us by 30 points[/i]".  Three of them pointed to the HJ bench and said, "[i]Because we (Silsbee) ain't got him (Sutherland)[/i]".  So evidently, several of your brother Tiger fans feel the same way.  ;)
[/quote]

But that doesn't make them undisciplined.
[/quote]OK, I'm game.

What's a better word for it?
[/quote]

So you are saying because one team has a better coaching staff that makes the other team undisciplined?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="773633" timestamp="1268110902"]
So you are saying because one team has a better coaching staff that makes the other team undisciplined?
[/quote]No, I'm saying, as I've heard numerous other posters on this thread, that HJ excels partly because they are so disciplined and all the players know their role.  I don't see that in Silsbee.  I'm sorry.  Great athletes.  Great shooters.  But I can't help but think that they can be a better team.

But, since you've seen my reasoning (or lack thereof) and my conclusion, what would you call it?

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="773635" timestamp="1268111126"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=66973.msg773633#msg773633 date=1268110902]
[/quote]No, I'm saying, as I've heard numerous other posters on this thread, that HJ excels partly because they are so disciplined and all the players know their role.  I don't see that in Silsbee.  I'm sorry.  Great athletes.  Great shooters.  But I can't help but think that they can be a better team.

But, since you've seen my reasoning (or lack thereof) and my conclusion, what would you call it?
[/quote]

I say it's two different styles, not necessarily that one is disciplined and the other not.

You could say that one team is more disciplined or systematic and the other more athletic and creative.

But I will disagree with the notion that Silsbee is too undisciplined to win a championship.

Sutherland coached teams doesn't lose to undisciplined teams, at least not 4 out of 6 times. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="773640" timestamp="1268111659"]
I say it's two different styles, not necessarily that one is disciplined and the other not.

You could say that one team is more disciplined or systematic and the other more athletic and creative.

But I will disagree with the notion that Silsbee is too undisciplined to win a championship.

Sutherland coached teams doesn't lose to undisciplined teams, at least not 4 out of 6 times. ;)
[/quote]All right.  All that we've proven is that both of us are able to show how to use an "opinion forum", eh?  ;)

But seriously, good luck in Austin!  I hope you guys prove me wrong!

[quote name="homeless" post="774116" timestamp="1268187565"]
Silsbee's biggest asset: Madison possibly being oveconfident
[/quote]

I can see how this perception could be out there due to being there last year, but they really aren't a cocky or overconfident team. They follow the lead of our leader on the floor and they're a pretty quiet group most of the time. We've had some cocky teams, (Who had no business being cocky to begin with.) but this hasn't been one of them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mesoc
    Newest Member
    mesoc