*Hardin-Jefferson Vs. Cleveland Broadcast*/HJ WINS!!!

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it really 5 in a row I thought HJ had missed 1 or 2 there. Great job Hawks. Who said no 3A team could beat Cleveland by 13. I have heard the SEC chant at LSU's national championship game a couple of years ago. There needs to be a 21-3A chant in Huntsville friday. 

Aiight I went to Baytown, to the Lee College gym.  Thank goodness for gps or I would of never found it on my on.  I saw a decent game.   Cleveland has a lot of talent and size.  I guess it's the coaching.  # 12, Ross, is a very good player.  He's going to be playing at somebodie's college or university, if he puts it all together.  Same for 40, Cedric Reed.  Only he will prolly be playing football.

As for the HJ Hawks?   Man, they are fundamentally sound and very well coached.   Turner is all that, chips and dip.  Sutherland can shoot lights out.  He played just like you would expect from the coaches son.  Prudhomme is the stuff.  He is going to take over, totally, next year.  # 5 held his own with the Cleveland guards.  Good team.

HJ vs. Silsbee?   Hard to say.  Who else is in the region 3, 3A tournament?   Two good teams coming out of Hardin County.

Silsbee alum  ~ Kountzer ~

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="769306" timestamp="1267505227"]
[font=Courier]I've never been on the Cleveland bangwagon and won't be next year when most of those kids return.[/font]
[/quote]

Is it that you are not on the Cleveland bandwagon or that you still refuse to give HJ credit!!!!!! ::) ::) ::)

Guest ann tagon eyes
Congratulations Hardin Jefferson.  I can't tell you how amazingly gratifying it is to see a TEAM win games that nobody thinks they can win.  I can't tell you how great it is to witness so many detractors,experts, rankers, etc who in either a direct or indirect way, refused to give you the respect you have EARNED.  What is really ironic is that those who attempted to "talk you down", unwittingly(and that is particularly sweet) helped motivate you and helped your opponents to underestimate you.  I guess I could say that there are those who failed to "check themselves before they wrecked themselves" in the name of passion for the game.  Many kudos to the HJ point guard (you know, the one who was going to lead the district in turnovers) who was always faster and quicker than anyone expected.  The same kudos go to the shooter(you know, the one who just stands there and misses so many shots)  The detractors have, once again, unwittingly made you look that much better.  Best of all, you devoted ALL of your energies to understanding and playing the game instead of trying to intimidate and portray yourself as a bad a$$ and the results speak for themselves.  We know that all it takes is one bad game to end your season.  But, thankfully, if you have a bad game, it is going to come later than it did for most.  You aren't the greatest alley oopers and you don't give icy stares to opponents after you score because you are too busy getting into defensive position.  What you DO possess is some of the better basketball intellect around and it is paying off for you.  Good luck this weekend.

what a game for the hawks!  they beat Cleveland in every aspect of the game (except cheap shots).  Turner was his usual self, creating chaos on defense, and scoring a wide array of off-balance layups.  Gus played fantastic.  if he had more than 1 or 2 turnovers tonight, i'd be shocked.  So much for him not being able to handle the cleveland guards.  he ran circles around them.  Sutherland got hot in the 2nd quarter, and hit 5 threes in a row over a span of about 10-12 hawks possessions.  he carried the team in the 2nd quarter, and was the main reason they had a comfortable margin at the half.  Ricossa didn't show up much on the score sheet, but he had three FANTASTIC assists early in the 1st quarter to keep HJ in it early on, and did well on the defensive end all night.  Prudhomme came in and was a game changer, scoring a bunch, making some key plays on defense and cleaning up the boards.  Will Anderson also had a few key buckets and rebounds.  Venable was his usual workhorse self.  I can't think of a single hawk player that stepped on the court that had anything less than a solid game.  From the end of the 1st quarter to the end of the 2nd, HJ went on a stretch where they were 7 of 8 from deep.  It's tough to compete when every layup you make is answered by a trey on the other end.  In the 3rd quarter, it looked like one ref in particular was trying to keep Cleveland in it.  Blatant fouls where HJ players were thrown to the floor in front of him went uncalled, but he did manage to call three shooting fouls in a row on the hawks while out of position beyond the 3 point arc, while the referee that was 6 feet away from the play under the basket didn't see cause to blow his whistle.  I was impressed with the way that the hawks overcame the adversity and blew the game open in the 4th.  it's also worth noting that, while they didn't shoot a great percentage from the line, the hawks made something like their first 7 or 8 in a row from the line in the 4th when it came to crunch time, which turned a small lead into an insurmountable one.  Great win for the hawks.  it's funny how, with this being a "down year" for them, they've "upset" both Navasota and Cleveland (both of which were supposedly much better this year than last), and they've done it by more convincing margins than they were able to do last year.  Keep it going, hawks!  Let's take this "rebuilding year" a few more games and head on back to austin!!!

[font=Courier]Lazeek: roll your eyes all you want...I was going to pick HJ (-9 or 10) but I knew you guys would really think I was off my rocker....I'm sure you didn't read my preview, if you did, you would know I was all over H-J in this one. Of all the teams, H-J and Anahuac had the two best chances on winning tonight. Keep hatin'.

Indian0for2....I don't care. All your wins were blowouts this year. The close ones? (except for one PAM game) were loses. Same boat next year. [/font]

i gotta say i'm surprised and impressed (thats not a slam-i'm eating crow), congrats and well deserved kudos to hj for a great win.

another altercation outside the gym after a cleveland loss? seems to be a pattern. the game is on the court and it is just a game, no need to carry it outside...sheesh.

The best player on the HJ bball team is Sutherland and I don't mean #33. He wears slacks and a collared shirt and hangs out on the bench. Enjoy this coach at the helm while you can because it wont last much longer. There are to many underachieving programs at bigger schools who will eventually hear the cheers and come hire this guy. Every team he coaches is situationaly prepared and have a bball I Q that is off the charts. Tonight a team with lesser talent prevailed for several reasons and they all begin with Coach Sutherland. I respect him and his teams but the fans leave a little to be desired at times. All that being said I don't see them winning state but every victory the rest of the way is a testament to him and his program. He seems to be the X factor Cleveland has no answer for.                                                                                                                                                                         

I will say this Cleveland is the most athletic team I have seen all year, They have some shooters, and great post play. I honestly believe that the Hawks are playing their best ball of all year, everyone is contributing. I'm not going to start naming names but for the last three to four games yall have gotten better each week. The whole Team.  ;D  That was a very fast paced great game to watch from a fan on any side. It did get a little chippy toward the end, and after, from what I heard. Great game Hawks you just beat a very good TRUE # 7 state ranked team, I dont care what Coop says.

#40 for Cleveland didn't wait until next Fall to start playing football.  He was camped out in the paint, and physically beating everyone who attempted to guard him all night.  I'm not one to jump on officiating, but it was pretty atrocious coming out of halftime.  They were letting HJ get murdered.  

Just before the end of the 3rd, things seemed to be a little more under control.  Then as HJ pulled away I think Cleveland finally showed their true colors.  #12, who was praised higher up in this thread, was completely out of line.  He started shoving after plays, and at one point there was an all out form tackle that wasn't called.  One Cleveland player actually just took the ball out of the hands of an HJ player attempting to in-bound the ball.  Point is, the refs lost control, and when things got chippy on the court, it spilled over to the fans.

Nothing happened inside the gym (that I saw), but a few idiots outside the gym (30 somethings, not kids) got into a freaking fist fight over a HS basketball game.  I was as fired up as anyone during the game, but these folks need to know when to draw the line.  

(Sidenote:  Baytown's finest and a Lee security job were completely useless in attempting to break the fight up)

[quote name="scooby" post="769334" timestamp="1267507013"]
i gotta say i'm surprised and impressed (thats not a slam-i'm eating crow), congrats and well deserved kudos to hj for a great win.

[b]another altercation outside the gym after a cleveland loss? seems to be a pattern. the game is on the court and it is just a game, no need to carry it outside...sheesh.[/b]
[/quote]

it wasn't pretty, and the "first responders" weren't to successful in breaking things up.  i got the heck out of there ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder