• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bulldogbacker" post="792255" timestamp="1271764747"]
Sophs

Nederland - Bridge City tonight in Nederland

fear the dog ;D ;D
[/quote]

Nederland 14  Bridge City 2

Raines pitched complete game. Close game for three, then Nederland bats came alive......again

Nederland now 18-1....next up Livingston

[quote name="Razor" post="792877" timestamp="1271864579"]
he is referring to the sophmore team, not JV...Nederland's sophmores have beaten everyone (including PNG) with the exception of West Brook's JV team
[/quote]

Sure hope my posts are not confusing.... esp since they start with Sophs    ??? ???

[quote name="allstarmom" post="792995" timestamp="1271875114"]
We don't have all 4.  We have a true freshmen team, a JV team that, at the moment, consists of all sophomores, and then Varsity that is made up of juniors and seniors.
[/quote]
just like ur jv consist of all sophomores, ur sophomore team consist of all freshman. But that team is still called the sophomore team.

[quote name="allstarmom" post="792995" timestamp="1271875114"]
We don't have all 4.  We have a true freshmen team, a JV team that, at the moment, consists of all sophomores, and then Varsity that is made up of juniors and seniors.
[/quote]tomato - tomahto. it's the same thing. almost all of the soph teams are freshman. jv is mostly sophmores with a couple freshman and juniors. varsity may have all 4. i would bet my house that no high school team has all an freshman team and one w/ all sophmores and one with just jrs and srs. there is no way your team should end up like that unless the coach can't gauge talent. and i know for a fact the coaches of the top teams around here can judge talent.

Guest Penny
Please stop this, I'm sure Allstar....MOM would agree, she just didn't know the CORRECT designation of each team. She has a sophomore, who plays on the JV... so when folks talk about Nederland's sophomore team, made up of FRESHMAN... it confuses things... since they have beat the PNG Soph. team made up of freshman.  She wants to ensure that folks know that the PNG JV team made up of Sophs and Juniors have beaten the Nederland JV team, made up of mostly sophs.... hope this clears it all up.

[quote name="Penny" post="793322" timestamp="1271909577"]
Please stop this, I'm sure Allstar....MOM would agree, she just didn't know the CORRECT designation of each team. She has a sophomore, who plays on the JV... so when folks talk about Nederland's sophomore team, made up of FRESHMAN... it confuses things... since they have beat the PNG Soph. team made up of freshman.  She wants to ensure that folks know that the PNG JV team made up of Sophs and Juniors have beaten the Nederland JV team, made up of mostly sophs.... hope this clears it all up.
[/quote]

no one from Nederland is confused........nuff said  ;D ;D

Thank you Penny, sort of.  I was confused on the terminology since that is not what our teams over here are called.  Although, just a point of clarification.  The PNG JV team is made up [b]exclusively [/b] of [b]sophomores[/b].  There is not a junior on the team. 

[quote name="allstarmom" post="793434" timestamp="1271949555"]
Thank you Penny, sort of.  I was confused on the terminology since that is not what our teams over here are called.  Although, just a point of clarification.  The PNG JV team is made up [b]exclusively [/b] of [b]sophomores[/b].  There is not a junior on the team. 
[/quote]

That is unusual.  Most of the time, a few freshmen make the JV at Brook.

did a little checking....

official team names....

LCM        V/JV/S
NHS        V/JV/S
VHS        V/JV/S
Liv. HS    V/JV/S
Lum. HS  V/JV/S
Central  V/JV/S  no sophmore team
Ozen      V/JV/S  no sophomore team
png        V/JV/F  png seems to be the only one in district different nomenclature

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86