will k-ville b rank in the top ten in 3a?

I don't know if KV will be in the pre-season Top 10 but they will definitely be in the "receiving votes" category...maybe 12 or 13. If they get past Coldspring and Newton, I can see them cracking the Top 10 by the time they play Vidor. After that loss, they will drop out of the rankings (fair or not). Then, after a loss to WO-S, they will drop out of the "receiving votes" category as well...Rankings are not, KV will make the playoffs and has a good chance of making it 3 rounds or so. After that, I see the LeFrederick Ford days coming to an end. If the KATS hadn't moved up, I believe they would have started the season atop the 2A polls and would have probably returned to the State Championship again and possibly won one. I see the KATS dropping back to 2A in the next realignment because I doubt Kirbyville is going to experience significant growth in the next couple of years (at least not enough to meet the 3A requirements that will be higher than they are now by next realignment). Just my two cents! GO KATS!

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="LR1969" post="756734" timestamp="1265598301"]
I don't know if KV will be in the pre-season Top 10 but they will definitely be in the "receiving votes" category...maybe 12 or 13. If they get past Coldspring and Newton, I can see them cracking the Top 10 by the time they play Vidor. After that loss, they will drop out of the rankings (fair or not). Then, after a loss to WO-S, they will drop out of the "receiving votes" category as well...Rankings are not, KV will make the playoffs and has a good chance of making it 3 rounds or so. After that, [b]I see the LeFrederick Ford days coming to an end[/b]. If the KATS hadn't moved up, I believe they would have started the season atop the 2A polls and would have probably returned to the State Championship again and possibly won one. I see the KATS dropping back to 2A in the next realignment because I doubt Kirbyville is going to experience significant growth in the next couple of years (at least not enough to meet the 3A requirements that will be higher than they are now by next realignment). Just my two cents! GO KATS!
[/quote]

What team do you support..It's definitely not Kirbyville...I'm a little weary of your doomsday predicting of Kirbyville, And your constant predicting of the demise of Fred Ford. Your'e right about the Fred Ford days coming to an end, after this year Ford graduates.. tell me more of what you see in your visions  :D You should write obituaries.... :D :D :D

Kville should crack the top ten in my opinion they have alot of returing starters and they were the state runner-up in 2a last year, as far as the playoffs go u can not really predict anything right now because it's only Febuary but if i had to say I would predict Kville to go 2 to 3 rounds deep it's all according to who they play in the playoffs. but I really wish Kville was still in 2a we will all miss the intense Newton vs Kville district championship game come week 10.

It's just going to be hard for Kville to go from one of the biggest school's in 2a to one of the smallest in 3a that's why i said it's all acording to who they would meet in the playoffs.

Kirbyville will not be ranked in the top 10 but after week 10 they will be. Honestly I dont see many teams containing LeFredrick Ford in our regular season games. Even if they do contain Ford theres other weapons like Caleb Cucancic (reigning 22-2A MVP), Burman Ervine, Keandre haywood. and could go on and on.with more weapons in the Kirbyville offense. The Bi-District and Area playoff rounds wont be easy for Kirbyville but they should win them. I look for Kirbyville and Carthrage to meet up in the regionals and the winner wins the state championship.
[color=red][size=18pt]Go Kirbyville[/size][/color]

Guest rykerx144
that depends  Which two teams are you talking about.

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="756769" timestamp="1265602937"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=65775.msg756767#msg756767 date=1265602598]
::) ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]

Can't tell me its not true man
[/quote]

[quote name="rykerx144" post="757094" timestamp="1265675130"]
that depends  Which two teams are you talking about.

[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=65775.msg756769#msg756769 date=1265602937]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=65775.msg756767#msg756767 date=1265602598]
::) ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]

Silsbee WOS

Can't tell me its not true man
[/quote]
[/quote]

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="jarhead15" post="757434" timestamp="1265739085"]
"Caleb Cucancic (reigning 22-2A MVP)"

I guess I am a little slow or didn't read the right posts at the end of football season.  Fred Ford was not the MVP of his district???? Now that is very interesting...
[/quote]

You read it right...Fred was the 2A Player Of The Year....That's as good as it get's..Once You are selected as POY you can't recieve other awards...

Guest rykerx144
Yes I agree Bucof2010 they would and will have a hard time beating WOS and Silsbee, but they can.  They are capable of matching up with these two and are capable of coming out on top.  With the exception of Newton can you say that about any team in your district this year or next?

[quote name="speedkills" post="757035" timestamp="1265666208"]
Kirbyville will not be ranked in the top 10 but after week 10 they will be. Honestly I dont see many teams containing LeFredrick Ford in our regular season games. Even if they do contain Ford theres other weapons like Caleb Cucancic (reigning 22-2A MVP), Burman Ervine, Keandre haywood. and could go on and on.with more weapons in the Kirbyville offense. The Bi-District and Area playoff rounds wont be easy for Kirbyville but they should win them. [b]I look for Kirbyville and Carthrage to meet up in the regionals and the winner wins the state championship.[/b][color=red][size=18pt]Go Kirbyville[/size][/color]
[/quote]

With Carthage moving to Reg 2 I believe the only way they can meet up in the playoffs is the title game...  Or am I wrong that in 3A Reg 3 plays Reg 2 in Regionals?....thought that 3 & 4 played winner of 1 & 2 in finals?

I watched nearly every AAA team in the area last year. I also saw Kirbyville play. From this viewpoint Kirbyville should be favored in this area. The other top competitors should be in this order, Jasper, WOS and Silsbee. In small classes the team with the best player usually goes the furthest. Kirbyville has the best player at the start of the season and he has a strong supporting cast.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="scoopno1" post="757804" timestamp="1265775438"]
I watched nearly every AAA team in the area last year. I also saw Kirbyville play. From this viewpoint Kirbyville should be favored in this area. The other top competitors should be in this order, Jasper, WOS and Silsbee. In small classes [b]the team with the best player usually goes the furthest[/b]. Kirbyville has the best player at the start of the season and he has a strong supporting cast.
[/quote]

What team do you support scoopno.? Iv'e never heard such football logic.. ???

[quote name="scoopno1" post="757804" timestamp="1265775438"]
I watched nearly every AAA team in the area last year. I also saw Kirbyville play. From this viewpoint Kirbyville should be favored in this area. The other top competitors should be in this order, Jasper, WOS and Silsbee. In small classes the team with the best player usually goes the furthest. Kirbyville has the best player at the start of the season and he has a strong supporting cast.
[/quote]

Didn't Jasper beat Kirbyville last year?

I am from Silsbee. The Tigers will be strong again. They have a lot of lineman returning. They also have some outstanding defensive players returning. They will have some big shoes to fill in the skill positions. WOS is always tough. They have an assortment of real tough kids. They also have some big shoes to fill. They do a better job of filling them than most people.
Jasper is a very good team. I saw them play Kirbyville last year. The difference in the game was that they outsized Kirbyville and forced their will on them. Kirbyville was actually pretty young last year. They have excellent people returning at the skill positions and have a balance of people returning from the whole team. I have watched many teams that went to and won and lost state championships. Most of the time the team that has the best player wins the gold. By this I am saying the team that has the guy who can make plays, make teammates better and change the defensive or offensive schemes of opponents. I expect Fred Ford to be that kind of player. To me he has improved every year. With that being said the "man" has to be surrounded by players with competitive skills.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="scoopno1" post="758008" timestamp="1265820646"]
I am from Silsbee. The Tigers will be strong again. They have a lot of lineman returning. They also have some outstanding defensive players returning. They will have some big shoes to fill in the skill positions. WOS is always tough. They have an assortment of real tough kids. They also have some big shoes to fill. They do a better job of filling them than most people.
Jasper is a very good team. I saw them play Kirbyville last year. The difference in the game was that they outsized Kirbyville and forced their will on them. Kirbyville was actually pretty young last year. They have excellent people returning at the skill positions and have a balance of people returning from the whole team. I have watched many teams that went to and won and lost state championships. Most of the time the team that has the best player wins the gold. By this I am saying the team that has the guy who can make plays, make teammates better and change the defensive or offensive schemes of opponents. I expect Fred Ford to be that kind of player. To me he has improved every year. With that being said the "man" has to be surrounded by players with competitive skills.
[/quote]

hmmmm..ok

[quote name="Lefty99" post="757728" timestamp="1265771886"]
[quote author=speedkills link=topic=65775.msg757035#msg757035 date=1265666208]
Kirbyville will not be ranked in the top 10 but after week 10 they will be. Honestly I dont see many teams containing LeFredrick Ford in our regular season games. Even if they do contain Ford theres other weapons like Caleb Cucancic (reigning 22-2A MVP), Burman Ervine, Keandre haywood. and could go on and on.with more weapons in the Kirbyville offense. The Bi-District and Area playoff rounds wont be easy for Kirbyville but they should win them. [b]I look for Kirbyville and Carthrage to meet up in the regionals and the winner wins the state championship.[/b][color=red][size=18pt]Go Kirbyville[/size][/color]
[/quote]

With Carthage moving to Reg 2 I believe the only way they can meet up in the playoffs is the title game...  Or am I wrong that in 3A Reg 3 plays Reg 2 in Regionals?....thought that 3 & 4 played winner of 1 & 2 in finals?
[/quote]
correct you are

[quote name="skipper" post="757956" timestamp="1265814639"]
no worrie about the guys over at orange,from what i was told thay are in are building year.i do belive lc-m will be the top team in orange county this year
[/quote]
vidor will be the top team in orange county this year.
and i cant waite for vidor to play kirbyville it is going to be GREAT!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder