Newton looks to dominate District 10 2a

Guest Jmeek

[quote name="Jcmeek83" post="755508" timestamp="1265384120"]
EC and Anahuac will be the only challeges in District for Newton Considering what they have coming back next year. The Major loses for Newton where Halston the QB and DE Malcolm Mattox , Laray Alfred (RB) was a big loss but he went out with a injury in week 4 of last year

Bennett (RB Junior) should be a really good force at RB,racking up 1800 yrds rushing and 20 tds  last season. The New QB junior Trevor Holmes should be a great replacement for Halston Flannigan. Trevor Started as a soph on Defense at Outside linebacker. With no experice at Qb last season it will be interesting to see how fast he grasp running the Offense. He played QB through middle school and on the JV but has no experice playing on Varsity not even in mop up duties. He can run he has a good arm and I pretty sure barbay will have him ready to play by the kickoff of the 2010 season. The Defense should be alot better in 2010 , With a season under his belt long time Newton coach now 2nd year Defense coordinatior Robbie Hatton should have the Eagles Defense primed and ready for the 2010 season with his only Major loss coming in Malcolm Mattox DE (signed with SFA) . The Eagles Again should be a major threat this coming up Season. 8)
[/quote]

What about the oline?  Doesn't Newton lose nearly everybody up front? 

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="755389" timestamp="1265342515"]
Here are my predictions for the race to the inaugural 10AA championship!!

1)Newton  7-0 - reload every year
2)Anahuac 6-1 - Albritton, Johnson & Mitchell too much for Jones & Co. this season
3)EC 5-2 - see above
4)Woodville 4-3 - almost appear to be in the same district / situation?
5)Buna 3-4 - big & tough, but not fast enough
6)Kountze 2-5 - can't score td's from the "top of the key"
7)Hardin  1-6 - may have fits with the Warriors
8)Warren 0-7 - make it happen

Only thing I disagree with is Kountze ahead of Hardin. Everything else looks pretty accurate. Hopefully Hardin can get the offensive line going, our achilles heal last year, and improve this year. Should still have some good speed, a tough QB, and some good receivers. The biggest issue is stopping the run, didn't do it at all last year. We'll see!
Good luck to all teams in this new district!!!
[/quote]

[quote name="DR22" post="760913" timestamp="1266381003"]
I would push Woodville up to the top three. Some talent moving up from JV even some young ones that will be Freshman in 2010 that have blown Kirbyville and Newton out each year.  Look for them to do better than expected in 2010.
[/quote]

I don't have much faith in any team that's gonna be relying on freshmen

I would push Woodville up to the top three. Some talent moving up from JV even some young ones that will be Freshman in 2010 that have blown Kirbyville and Newton out each year.  Look for them to do better than expected in 2010.
[/quote] It sounds good to say your freshman team blew Kirbyville and Newton out. Trust me when those guys move up to play on varsity to actually play under Coach Alvarez or Coach Barbay, you gonna get out coached and out played everytime.

Guest athlete10
[/quote]
After losing hadnot their qb(sfa) i dont believe woodville will be that strong next year

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="761567" timestamp="1266463118"]
[quote author=DR22 link=topic=65533.msg760913#msg760913 date=1266381003]
[/quote] It sounds good to say your freshman team blew Kirbyville and Newton out. Trust me when those guys move up to play on varsity to actually play under Coach Alvarez or Coach Barbay, you gonna get out coached and out played everytime.
[/quote]
Well they didnt blow out the Newton Jv.

Newton will once again reload an be back in control of the district and leave EC, Anahuac, and Woodville to fight for 2nd. I think EC takes 2nd under Hank Jones and friends while Anahuac wins 3rd with there athleticism. Although Woodville had a great season they are losing the entire O line and a spectacular athlete at QB. But they still have to play the games.

[quote name="rogergoddell" post="767191" timestamp="1267217131"]
newton last won district THREE years ago. im sure they are ready to own district again.

everybody else is fighting for the rest. thats all there is to it.
[/quote] two seasons ago

[quote name="tvman91" post="767704" timestamp="1267253460"]
Yea Kountze will be on the outside lookin in although I think they could get a win against Warren.
[/quote]

Yea your are right the only win for kountze will be against Warren, IMO i think it will come down to the Battle of the Barbay's on Oct. 29 in Anahuac to see who is number one and two.

[quote name="et531303" post="768326" timestamp="1267394801"]
[quote author=tvman91 link=topic=65533.msg767704#msg767704 date=1267253460]
Yea Kountze will be on the outside lookin in although I think they could get a win against Warren.
[/quote]

Yea your are right the only win for kountze will be against Warren, IMO i think it will come down to the Battle of the Barbay's on Oct. 29 in Anahuac to see who is number one and two.

[/quote]
Yeah I agree but am pretty sure Newton will pull it out by 2 or more TDs.

[quote name="Jcmeek83" post="768140" timestamp="1267336278"]
[quote author=rogergoddell link=topic=65533.msg767191#msg767191 date=1267217131]
newton last won district THREE years ago. im sure they are ready to own district again.

everybody else is fighting for the rest. thats all there is to it.
[/quote] two seasons ago

[/quote]
it must be nice to have these non contested district championships back

I hate to agree with Bucof2010, but facts are facts and Woodville won't be in the battle for 2nd place. They're losing a great O-line and D-line and they have no size on the lineman coming up. They're sophomore center got a lot of experience on varsity and played most of the season and that's about all they have coming back. The biggest hurt the Eagles will have is at the quarterback position. They're losing one of the best athletes Woodville has ever seen and they have no one even close to his caliber for next year. I'd like to see them win 2nd but it just won't happen this year. It'll be between EC and Anahuac with Newton taking first

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho