Early Pre-season Top 5

Heck, it's never too early....Take a stab at a pre-season top 5 for next year for the area (all classifications). Here's mine...

1. West Brook (Loaded w/ returners - should make a very deep playoff run)
2. Kirbyville (Not sure if they could beat a 4a squad, but I am putting them here anyway)
3. PN-G ( Huge O-line, Dominant D-line, QB, and 2 WR's returning along with undefeated JV)
4. Central/Dayton ( not sure about graduation losses for these two)
5. Jasper/WO-S (Dogs should be good; Stangs are always good)

* Newton should probably be considered also.

Not really sure, but here goes

1.West Brook *Full of Jr's Last year, Looking for them to make a deep deep run
2.Memorial    *If you didnt know, This Team is Loaded
3.Dayton      *Always a Threat to go 5-6 deep
4.Central      *No matter how many players they lose, Always a threat
5.P.N.G        *Should Have the Momentum going in after the 10-0 season,

Honerable Mention
1.Newton
2.Kirbyville

Evadale returns every starting lineman on offense and defense as well as several reserve linemen.
They also return their starting quarterback, one starting running back and two reserves, three starting linebackers and two reserves. Their starting free safety returns. A couple of injuried players should return at receiver with several players ready to move off the JV squad to try to repeat the 10-0 season and make a run in the Div 2 1A playoffs.

[quote name="westend1" post="750091" timestamp="1264562712"]
Brook will be good.  I think easily the best in this area.  But, to make a deep run, they still have to beat the likes of Katy, Westfield, Hightower, etc.   It's still a longshot to get past three rounds.
[/quote]

You must not know the players you have comeing up..
I had a chance to See these kids play young..This is a speical group IMO Brook has comeing up..Even tho they will still lose to my Jags :D,, I see them going further than 3 rounds as long as they live up to the Expectations..Yall have some Great leaders on this team aslo.

[quote name="D3zii" post="750104" timestamp="1264563014"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=65191.msg750091#msg750091 date=1264562712]
Brook will be good.  I think easily the best in this area.  But, to make a deep run, they still have to beat the likes of Katy, Westfield, Hightower, etc.   It's still a longshot to get past three rounds.
[/quote]

You must not know the players you have comeing up..
I had a chance to See these kids play young..This is a speical group IMO Brook has comeing up..Even tho they will still lose to my Jags :D,, I see them going further than 3 rounds as long as they live up to the Expectations..Yall have some Great leaders on this team aslo.
[/quote]

Yeah.  You are right D3.  I probably don't know them very well.          ;)

we got us sum ball playars comin bak as well. We even got a cheerleder are to comin back. Our sideline walkers ben workin dem boys in dat waight room gettin stronger an such. I bet dem boys go to dat beach at sprang brake and show off dem phaziques to all dem tatooed gals and dey come bak for more waight pushin. We gonna be some kinda good. Dont know how many dem boys plaid on Friday nites but dey gonna be some kinda good!

[quote name="westend1" post="750091" timestamp="1264562712"]
Brook will be good.  I think easily the best in this area.  But, to make a deep run, they still have to beat the likes of Katy, Westfield, Hightower, etc.   It's still a longshot to get past three rounds.
[/quote]

Good post.  I think this could be the best West Brook team since Ambres' senior year, but getting past round 3 will be tough.  Being the best in this area is one thing, but being the best in region 3 is entirely different.  I'm hoping they will continue to improve on defense, that will determine their chances of making a deep playoff run.  I expect them to be pretty good, but I'm not expecting them to make it past the quarters.  Good luck though, I hope I'm wrong.

[quote name="Snooks" post="750125" timestamp="1264563971"]
we got us sum ball playars comin bak as well. We even got a cheerleder are to comin back. Our sideline walkers ben workin dem boys in dat waight room gettin stronger an such. I bet dem boys go to dat beach at sprang brake and show off dem phaziques to all dem tatooed gals and dey come bak for more waight pushin. We gonna be some kinda good. Dont know how many dem boys plaid on Friday nites but dey gonna be some kinda good!
[/quote]

I would read this post but I got a headache...Wow

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245