Hearing of some good things coming out of Sam Moore's training facility!

East TX

I am hearing that BC will more than be ready to make a run come playoff time this season.  Matt Hicks is improving and is hitting 92 mph.....and we all know he can slowdown good hitting orders.  Even better news is that Zoch the Junior is not far behind.
With Zoch stepping up; prospects are better.
Sam Moore's training facility has moved to Mid County/Nederland and along with his Select teams-- his hard work with youth is getting recognized Nationally...Congrats!

Can anyone give us fresh info on Little Hubbard and others, ready for the bull-pin?

Also, news for some interested folks is that Jaden Dillon now going into his second season at McNeese is hitting 96 mph over at the Sam Moore training facility.  He had a great Freshman year and also a great Select stint in Colorado!

He finished Bridge City HS as a 157# long-drink-of- water; but, today he is 180#s of top conditioned muscles.

Projections are he will join his friend Kevin Angelle as a Pro pitching prospect.

[quote name="East TX" post="745546" timestamp="1263783546"]
Also, news for some interested folks is that Jadon Dillon now going into his second season at McNeese is hitting 96 mph over at the Sam Moore training facility.  He had a great Freshman year and also a great Select stint in Colorado!

He finished Bridge City HS as a 157# long-drink-of- water; but, today he is 180#s of top conditioned muscles.

Projections are he will join his friend Kevin Angelle as a Pro pitching prospect.

[/quote]

96 mph?  No offense that sounds far fetched. I know he has lived around 91-92 but 96? hmmm..

[quote name="1stStringer" post="745632" timestamp="1263830871"]
[quote author=East TX link=topic=64853.msg745546#msg745546 date=1263783546]
Also, news for some interested folks is that Jadon Dillon now going into his second season at McNeese is hitting 96 mph over at the Sam Moore training facility.  He had a great Freshman year and also a great Select stint in Colorado!

[/quote]

96 mph?  No offense that sounds far fetched. I know he has lived around 91-92 but 96? hmmm..
[/quote]

I was thinking the same..

[quote name="AJ25" post="745654" timestamp="1263835946"]
[quote author=1stStringer link=topic=64853.msg745632#msg745632 date=1263830871]
[quote author=East TX link=topic=64853.msg745546#msg745546 date=1263783546]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was thinking the same..
[/quote]

Just wondering? but why not? curious of your questioning this. Also how reliable is East Tx info?? I would seriously like to know the answers... No Kidding!....I mean, I saw Jadon pitch in high school i think his Senior year coming form left Field and thought he threw hard. I also saw STRINGER throw some outstanding games throwing hard.  There was dishon coming in to close a few games he threw hard just not sure the Mph these guys hit in High School though....Can anybody help with these along with any other BC pitchers Mph in high school?

Just to clarify on the subject of the velocities:  Keving Angelle 96 mph, Jaden Dillon 96 mph, Matt Hicks 94 mph, Forrest Zock 90 mph, Chase Angelle 87 mph, Wes Bingham 91 mph, James Swan 88 mph, just to name a few, recorded these numbers using a crow hop drill.  These numbers are not fabricated and they were used using a jugs radar gun.  Off the mound, you subtract an average of about 2-4 mph.  Our philospophy about pitching and throwing is rhythm, tempo, and momentum.  We feel that if you are going to throw hard, you have to organize your body to throw hard, by the intent of your drills.  I welcome anyone to visit our academy and witness our program first hand.  What you will see is a proper wake up/warm up (15 min), active stretching (5 min), core training (20 min), and the goal of the day (velocity, command, movement, velo/command, strengh/speed, etc) 60 min.  Our main purpose is to make sure our arms are ready and developed to take on the workloads that our bodies go through when delivering a pitch.

If you would like more information about The Zone Baseball Academy pm me and I will share everything about what we do.

Sam Moore

[quote name="sportsman28" post="746185" timestamp="1263918521"]
Just to clarify on the subject of the velocities:  Keving Angelle 96 mph, Jaden Dillon 96 mph, Matt Hicks 94 mph, Forrest Zock 90 mph, Chase Angelle 87 mph, Wes Bingham 91 mph, James Swan 88 mph, just to name a few, recorded these numbers using a crow hop drill.  These numbers are not fabricated and they were used using a jugs radar gun.  Off the mound, you subtract an average of about 2-4 mph.  Our philospophy about pitching and throwing is rhythm, tempo, and momentum.  We feel that if you are going to throw hard, you have to organize your body to throw hard, by the intent of your drills.  I welcome anyone to visit our academy and witness our program first hand.  What you will see is a proper wake up/warm up (15 min), active stretching (5 min), core training (20 min), and the goal of the day (velocity, command, movement, velo/command, strengh/speed, etc) 60 min.  Our main purpose is to make sure our arms are ready and developed to take on the workloads that our bodies go through when delivering a pitch.

If you would like more information about The Zone Baseball Academy pm me and I will share everything about what we do.

Sam Moore
[/quote]

Thanks Coach Moore for clearing this up for us.  Easttx maybe was confused with the crow hop drill.

Keep up the good work.

Sir I was not confused....... everyone I thought, knows you use the crow-hop drill to assess MPH.....Maybe you could get Coach Sam Moore to teach you more....The crow hop drill is as old as Baseball that gives everyone comparative data!!!!!!

Sorry I confused you with not taking the time to go over fundamental sound methodology; that even I learned 50 years ago when I played BB.  When you power throw you deliver in this manner with all you can muster.

It is so interesting to see the reactions of those that peaked out in HS; when someone like Jaden continues to get better and better!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As a little aside- BEFORE radar usage....the crow-hop drill testing was done by two pitchers pitching side by side, when a signal was given.  Several Coaches stood on each side of the front of the plate(back a little bit lol).

Next, five throws were made jointly by the Pitchers and the one with the best three of the five was considered the swifter of the Pitchers.

You could easily assess a whole lot of Pitchers at a tryout: and most importantly you could test occasionally as to who was peaking and who was still improving their---
speed.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder