sabine pass vs H-F

ok so i was at the game tonight .... and heres my thoughts

1st half both teams very sloppy 17-13 H-F ... very disappointed with the 1st half

on the other hand the 2nd half was alot better .. more action .. better ball movement ... by both teams

1st H-F..... It seems to me that when they had certain players in there and they were playing good .. the coach would take them out .. for example #00 was absolutely killing inside scored 3 straight buckets , grabbing boards .. whats the coach do take him out??? i clearly didnt understand that move at all ... too me #00 should have been in the game along with #41 they are the twin towers of Southeast Texas .. rebound machines period .... great game for those too also #44 had a good game aswell i think he was their leading scorer

2nd- Sabine Pass  .... YOU NEED TO START OFF STRONGER IN THE 1ST HALF!!! you guys did the same thing last year and had so many come from behind wins ... that is a great quality to have as a team .. but you know aswell as i do you need to have string 1st halfs so you dont always have to battle back to get the W. It's very clear # 25 & 30 are the backbone of this team .. with great players around them #10 was good behind the line .. i do believe his #20 just scrappy and a athlete overall .. great team chemistry here .. just need to start off better in the 1st half

Overall i would say that H-F is still a yr or 2 away did here that #13 for H-F was only a freshman and he had great court awareness and has a bright future ahead of him.

Sabine Pass will be in the playoffs again this year just need to start hotter. Them and Spurger are the top 2 teams in the district peroid . with Evadale , High Island , West Hardin  and Hull Diasetta fighting for that 3rd spot and its def. up in the air.

SP took HF for granted because of the previous game a few weeks ago at Orangefield.  If HF played all their starters the whole game, they could have beaten SP.  However, since it was a non-district game, HF coach gave all his players time to gain experience for "down the road."  For tonight game, #10 of SP bailed the team out.

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="743091" timestamp="1263365868"]
I agree with the guy that was wondering why he took 00 out. He had over 15 rebounds that game and was scoring inside. I think HF could have won this one if the coach would leave hot players in, but nobody cares about should-haves and could-haves, just W's. This team has had the same 14 players all year and the people in charge have had enough time to figure out how certain players are doing, but it seems that there is just some element missing in the entire team chemistry (from coach to the last player). It just appears that when it comes to subbing, there is no rhyme or reason to who goes in and who comes out. It's just like "oh that guy is tired, so take him out", but when that guy is feeling it and in the zone who cares if he is tired? Just seems odd
[/quote]Maybe the parents are complaining because their kid aren't getting the playing time.

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="743329" timestamp="1263403431"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=64592.msg743146#msg743146 date=1263392585]
[quote author=Ron Burgundy link=topic=64592.msg743091#msg743091 date=1263365868]
I agree with the guy that was wondering why he took 00 out. He had over 15 rebounds that game and was scoring inside. I think HF could have won this one if the coach would leave hot players in, but nobody cares about should-haves and could-haves, just W's. This team has had the same 14 players all year and the people in charge have had enough time to figure out how certain players are doing, but it seems that there is just some element missing in the entire team chemistry (from coach to the last player). It just appears that when it comes to subbing, there is no rhyme or reason to who goes in and who comes out. It's just like "oh that guy is tired, so take him out", but when that guy is feeling it and in the zone who cares if he is tired? Just seems odd
[/quote]Maybe the parents are complaining because their kid aren't getting the playing time.
[/quote]

No that's not what I was saying. Just look at it like this, if there are two players with equal skills and one is hot and one is not, why not leave in the one that is hot? I guess I'm crazy because I like to "juice the hot hand", but hasn't it worked for years?
[/quote] Oh, I get what you are saying and I do completely agree with your comments.

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="743339" timestamp="1263404174"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=64592.msg743333#msg743333 date=1263403744]
[quote author=Ron Burgundy link=topic=64592.msg743329#msg743329 date=1263403431]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=64592.msg743146#msg743146 date=1263392585]
[quote author=Ron Burgundy link=topic=64592.msg743091#msg743091 date=1263365868]
[/quote]

No that's not what I was saying. Just look at it like this, if there are two players with equal skills and one is hot and one is not, why not leave in the one that is hot? I guess I'm crazy because I like to "juice the hot hand", but hasn't it worked for years?
[/quote] Oh, I get what you are saying and I do completely agree with your comments.
[/quote]

That's a first  :D
[/quote]C'mon Ron, since 2010 started you're logic is DEFINITELY a bit more logical :o

Someone mentioned hearing that #13 for HF is a Freshman.  This is true.  He is gaining experience, leadership and character as a part of this HF Varsity team.  He can hang with the best of them and has been playing with and against some of them during summer leagues locally and in Houston.  Here is a clip of one of his steals during last nights game against SP....he also attempted to dunk after this steal and got fouled.  Someone posted in an earlier post that he would be dunking by the end of this season...I guess they were right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y75xCCiS628

[quote name="hfmom08" post="743575" timestamp="1263429801"]
Someone mentioned hearing that #13 for HF is a Freshman.  This is true.  He is gaining experience, leadership and character as a part of this HF Varsity team.  He can hang with the best of them and has been playing with and against some of them during summer leagues locally and in Houston.  Here is a clip of one of his steals during last nights game against SP....he also attempted to dunk after this steal and got fouled.  Someone posted in an earlier post that he would be dunking by the end of this season...I guess they were right.

[/quote]I see light at the end of the tunnel. Just wait till all the pieces are together. #13's experience and leadership  will help the younger ballers when they all are in high school. HJ in trouble.

Guest stevenash
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="743752" timestamp="1263481625"]
[quote author=hfmom08 link=topic=64592.msg743575#msg743575 date=1263429801]
Someone mentioned hearing that #13 for HF is a Freshman.  This is true.  He is gaining experience, leadership and character as a part of this HF Varsity team.  He can hang with the best of them and has been playing with and against some of them during summer leagues locally and in Houston.  Here is a clip of one of his steals during last nights game against SP....he also attempted to dunk after this steal and got fouled.  Someone posted in an earlier post that he would be dunking by the end of this season...I guess they were right.

[/quote]I see light at the end of the tunnel. Just wait till all the pieces are together. #13's experience and leadership  will help the younger ballers when they all are in high school. HJ in trouble.
[/quote]

Dove, you are so right.  I am scheduling a meeting with the HJ Superintendent in an effort to convince hiim to drop the basketball program during the 2013-2015 period when it will be futile for them to play.

[quote name="stevenash" post="743831" timestamp="1263487841"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=64592.msg743752#msg743752 date=1263481625]
[quote author=hfmom08 link=topic=64592.msg743575#msg743575 date=1263429801]

[/quote]

Dove, you are so right.  I am scheduling a meeting with the HJ Superintendent in an effort to convince hiim to drop the basketball program during the 2013-2015 period when it will be futile for them to play.
[/quote]C'mon Nash, don't the second place teams go to district playoffs too?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder