Spurger vs Goodrich/ Spurger wins 60-54

cma123

Alot of playing time for the younger guys and a few to many turnovers.
A sloppy game with not very good def, by either team. The refs came out at halftime and was whistle happy. I hate when they let them play a good physical game first half
and come out second half and call everthing that was ok the first half. Don't get me wrong it wasn't one sided, it was like that for both clubs.
3rd time I've seen Goodrich and seems they get a little better each time.

Whittaker -20
Mcgallion -17 lead the team tonight.

Good to see Blankenship with the team (not playing) but with the team.
Congrats Pirates ;D ;D

Congrats Spurger. A Win is a Win.
The boys looked very tired tonight. Im guessing tourney weekend had something
to do with that. The boys logged about 800 miles since thursday.
It was very good to see 34 on the side lines, he is looking very good.

I dont normally say anything for obvious reasons but anyway, 10 has stepped his game
and leadership up, knowing he has to score more with 34 out and keeping the younger
guys in check so they wont come unglued in pressured times of the game. proud of this young man.  ;)
Proud of the whole team ;D ;D

Congrats to Coach Isaacs & the Spurger Pirates!!!
Now rest up & be ready for ya'lls tourney.

Glad to see Blankenship present & sitting w/ the team. Blankenship goes to the doctor on friday, for follow up and orders. Hutto was still missing, he is scheduled for a MRI on his left knee & should get some news later this week also.

The (2) Freshmen, McLeod & Bussell, pulled up from JV are showing great strength & hustle. McGallion, Whittaker, & Rawls the (3) Juniors WOW! It's just amazes me sometimes the passes that McGallion can pull off, especially to Whittaker. And Junior Odom & Sophmore Norsworthy are helping out when needed.

Wishing/Praying for good news soon for Blankenship an Hutto, the missing Senior Pirates.

Congratulations Pirates!!!!

Way to hold it together even though you have some key players out!!! Hate I missed this one also, can't wait to see you guys playing at home. Praying for speedy recoveries and safety for the rest of the season.

Keep up the good work

[quote name="CATMAN" post="730867" timestamp="1260904995"]
[quote author=SHSalum link=topic=63818.msg730605#msg730605 date=1260852277]
Alot of playing time for the younger guys and a few to many turnovers.
A sloppy game with not very good def, by either team. The refs came out at halftime and was whistle happy. I hate when they let them play a good physical game first half
and come out second half and call everthing that was ok the first half. Don't get me wrong it wasn't one sided, it was like that for both clubs.
3rd time I've seen Goodrich and seems they get a little better each time.

Whittaker -20
Mcgallion -17 lead the team tonight.

Good to see Blankenship with the team (not playing) but with the team.
Congrats Pirates ;D ;D
[/quote] If they are getting better,how in the heck did BS beat them. ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]Catman you know that BS is getting better each time out. :)
Foster will have this team ready when it counts.

[quote name="whsalum" post="731108" timestamp="1260930759"]
I dont normally say anything for obvious reasons but anyway, 10 has stepped his game
and leadership up.

It's all right to brag court side. As Dizzy Dean said" it ain't bragging if you done it ". Hope Daniel is back by the start of district.
[/quote] ;) ;) ;D

[quote name="Coach_J" post="732221" timestamp="1261078861"]
Sabine Pass is playing great and will beat up on Spourger without Blankenship and Hutto. With these two Chase, Whittaker, and Rawls all together Spurger will pull out a win by two or three
[/quote]I don't know the Hutto kid but Daniel makes the Pirates better for alot of reasons.First of all he is a very good shooter,he plays good defense and most important he is a senior who provides leadership.All that said Spurger still has an advantage at the point and at the post.They win the game at home with or without the injured kids.

Blankenship will be back by district if not before, Hutto want know for a few more
days.

I hope Spurger has all the guys back on the floor soon, but if you watch this team
play right know you would see that coach Isaacs has them playing very well and (IMOP)
would still compete for a district championship.
That being said it will make this team very very dangerous when we get Blankenship & Hutto
back.

Guest THE SCOUTER
[quote name="whsalum" post="732335" timestamp="1261096206"]
[quote author=Coach_J link=topic=63818.msg732221#msg732221 date=1261078861]
Sabine Pass is playing great and will beat up on Spourger without Blankenship and Hutto. With these two Chase, Whittaker, and Rawls all together Spurger will pull out a win by two or three
[/quote]I don't know the Hutto kid but Daniel makes the Pirates better for alot of reasons.First of all he is a very good shooter,he plays good defense and most important he is a senior who provides leadership.All that said Spurger still has an advantage at the point and at the post.They win the game at home with or without the injured kids.
[/quote]
If those two young men are out they will not win the ball game against Sabine.

I gotta disagree.I saw the Pirates beat the Sharks last year while they were witout Whittacre and I believe McGallion.I've watched the young coach at Spurger for years while he was an assisant at Big Sandy and also taking kids to Woodville and Kountze to play during the summer.He understands the game and would still have an edge with a healthy Whittacre and a advantage on the point with McGallion.If Spurger gets the 2 injured kids back and the 2 replacements kids are getting some experience Spurger wins the district and probably goes thru it undefeated.

[quote name="whsalum" post="732723" timestamp="1261171384"]
I gotta disagree.I saw the Pirates beat the Sharks last year while they were witout Whittacre and I believe McGallion.I've watched the young coach at Spurger for years while he was an assisant at Big Sandy and also taking kids to Woodville and Kountze to play during the summer.He understands the game and would still have an edge with a healthy Whittacre and a advantage on the point with McGallion.If Spurger gets the 2 injured kids back and the 2 replacements kids are getting some experience Spurger wins the district and probably goes thru it undefeated.
[/quote]And the best kept secret in spurger #00 Rawls,trust me this kid is most likly going to
be a first teamer.He gives strong def, and right know about 10 to 15 a game

[quote name="court side" post="732864" timestamp="1261188047"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=63818.msg732723#msg732723 date=1261171384]
[/quote]And the best kept secret in spurger #00 Rawls,trust me this kid is most likly going to
be a first teamer.He gives strong def, and right know about 10 to 15 a game
[/quote]
Yea, and I seen SP beat a Spurger with those two kids playing last year, just gonna throw that out there. Glad to hear blankenship is getting better. I think They'll be fun games to watch. Both really good teams.

[quote name="whsalum" post="732894" timestamp="1261190001"]
Is that the same kid who filled in for George against the Sharks last year? If so he played well in that game.
[/quote]Yea thats him, he starts at three spot.He came up after george and chase went down
last season.
I agree herman lot of fun watching these two go at it last year hope its the same this season.
IMOP with rawls in the line up and the others healthy spurger is more explosive on OFF.this year

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw