King Classic

td

The King Classic will be played this weekend in Houston. There should be all-star teams from Houston, Dallas, Austin and San Antonio. WOS Jr. White minus about 4 or 5 kids that couldn't or didn't want to go play plus 4 or 5 kids we picked up are going to test the water. Hopefully it will be 2 good days of football and we will represent SETX the in a way that we can be proud of.

Thanks for all of the well wishes. The weather has been a pain in the a$$ lately. I haven't even had time to look for the bracket yet. We are going to try to practice again tonight and I will try to remember to ask our head coach about that. I know in baseball it doesn't come out sometimes until the Thursday before the tournament.

[quote name="BigD 95" post="726261" timestamp="1260286167"]
The official bracket should come out Wednesday, but I have already been told that our first game is at 11:30 Saturday, location TBD.  As soon as I know, I will let ya'll know.  Thanks for the support. 
[/quote]

Aight preciate'cha big hommie. Just trying to see what we looking like and plan my weekend. It's good.

We finished 4th. The teams were huge. We looked like thier little brothers, all of them. We hung in tough and played hard. The boys left everything on the field.

I'm a baseball guy and am accustomed to playing in baseball tournaments. That's all I have to compare this to and compared to a baseball tournament it was extrememly unorganized. Which by the way has nothing to do with us finishing 4th. We are actually proud of that. Fields were just horrible. Rules changed from day to day. Yesterday we played on a soccer field that didn't even have yard lines or sidelines. It was a good experience but you never knew what was coming next. Again I'm just trying to explain our experience. I don't want anyone to read this and think I'm making excuses. That's not what we do.

I think next year we will start looking for a tournament sooner and maybe find one that is maybe more established and organized. Over all it was a great experience for us and the boys. I'm telling you we could not field 20 kids in the STJFL that were that size. Not only were they big but they were good too. That being said, I don't think there was a team there that we couldn't have beat. There were alot of teams that were as good as us though. The trick was to never get behind. You got one time out per half. The clock never stopped except for your time out or injury and I mean never stopped for any reason other than those two. You have never seen a running clock like this.

[quote name="19bulldog88" post="730137" timestamp="1260810224"]
Congrats on a great season.

I heard on the radio Deion Sanders was bringing his youth organization to a tourney in Houston this past weekend, is that the tourney yall were in?
[/quote]

Not sure, never saw Deion. Saw plenty of 10 year olds that were as big as him though.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder