ANgleton-Brenham game...Brenham Wins!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome game....last nights Dayton game was good but I think this one tops it.  Down 21-0 at the half, against a run based team is not where you wanna be.  We hung in there, and pulled off the comeback/upset.  Disappointed by the stunts Angleton pulled at the end.  (Roughing the passer, which injured our qb, but our back up came in and under pressure and threw a td). The punches thrown while we  were taking a knee, weren't necessary).  Can't wait for the Brenham vs Dayton rematch.  Congrats to everybody that's still in the playoffs.

Word is Brenham started taking it to Angleton and they laid down.  Great character shown by Brenham IMO.  Figure out how to stop a one dimensional team and it's ballgame!  Can't wait for the grudge game now...two different teams but I'm sure Schlottman remembers the hits he took last year.  Still can't believe that kid is still walking after some of the hits he took in that game.  TOUGH KID!!!

[quote name="liltex" post="719694" timestamp="1259448186"]
Goes to show you the deeper you get [b]you have to be balanced on offense.[/b]Their will be teams to slow down one or another.P4E I picked this late comeback.Kudos to the Cubs-game on.
[/quote]
There it is! You can stop on very good weapon but will catch hell with a bunch of fairly good weapons.

I spoke w/a young man in a Brenham cap after the Bronco/Ricebird game;Shook his hand wished him a win today against Angleton and he said Thanks,I hope we get that re-match game and he smiled and said me too.I believe he was a coach and another younger coach was there as well.Brenham Fan we got the wish let's see it out.Picking my Broncs in a defensive tight game 17-14 Carranco's foot wins the game.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="719776" timestamp="1259453214"]
[b]Conrats to Brenham. This will blow all the odds makers out the water and Friendswoodfan. [/b] He said they would win State no doubt. wow Brenham I hope you win it all. Go Brenham.
[/quote]

FW Fan was not the only one. 3 out of 4 DC writers also picked Angleton to win it all. 

Great, great game!!!  Saw several Dayton folks there, including quite a few Bronco players!!!  ;D ;D ;D
2 great come-back games in one weekend- doesn't get much better than that....well, I can think of one thing that would be better than that, but I will have to wait until next Saturday @ 6pm  ;)

Ok, here's my opinion of this game.  I wasn't all that impressed with Angleton as a "team".  Diggs is an outstanding athlete along with Josey and the other runningback.  Team speed was incredible but they were to one dimensional and it ended up biting them in the rear this deep into the playoffs.  Brenham didn't quit and got their defense going.  Heck, all they had to do was key on the run and it worked.  Angleton couldn't pass the ball at all and when a team is this deep in the playoffs they have to be able to throw the rock, period.  Once Brenham got the pass going Angleton's defense just absolutely quit, couldn't believe it.  Then the unsportsmanlike conduct started from Angleton, wasn't impressed.

Read the Chron.complete game blogs covered by Sam Kahn Jr.Wildcat posters time after time said bad coaching for the wildcats trying 4th down att.and not punting ahead by a cpl.scores early in the first half.Gambled and lost.Great atheletes lots of size and speed-Bad decisions sends the favorite to the hardwood.Kudos to Brenham adjusting @ halftime.

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="716183" timestamp="1258993974"]
[quote author=Mark F Barnes link=topic=62780.msg716174#msg716174 date=1258992890]
Manvel swarmed the run, kept pressure on Diggs and beat Angleton pretty soundly, if you watch the tapes you can see it can be done. Angleton has a weak pass defense, it's secondary is questionable. Brenham has a good balanced offense and that QB can pick apart a weak secondary if he has blocking. Brenham has a great pass defense and a really defend the run well too. Ask PNG. If Angleton does execute just right Brenham will pull this one out. The Cubs are a very opportunistic team, and force a lot of turnovers. However if they can't keep pressure on Diggs it is going to be a long day.
[/quote]

Angleton has a good pass defense not one QB has had a field day on them through the air. And they have faced some good passing teams friendswood, dawson, la marque, dickinson, and sam carter from alief hastings, even the jones qb had threw for over 2000 yards during the season and only got 70 on saturday. This defense is just peaking. They've only given up more then 14 points 3 times. Even manvel only got 14 on the defense they had 1 special teams td and a fumble return for a td. The defense as a whole is very good.
[/quote]

Wow what happened there Wildcat979, not hearing a whole lot anymore. **crickets** 22 unanswered points in the 4th quarter to put the cats asleep. Tried to warn you about that on dimensional offense, it's pretty easy to adjust for. Diggs may be a phenom and I take nothing from that kid, he is a hoss, but it takes eleven on the field to do what needs to be done, this deep in the playoffs. Brenham plays the full deal, run, pass, and defense. I told you Ty Schlottmann (15-of-26 passing, 226 yards) was the real deal. He is one of the best QB's in the state. Highly under-rated. The defense came out in the second half and shuts down the Cats and set the pace for the comeback. Coaches made some great adjustments and play calling, and the rest is history. So much for what the experts say, all their prediction brackets are shot to heck now. Not one picked Brenham, based on their loss to Waller. Just like the ole cliche' says, "On Any Given Sunday the Team that shows up to win will do so." What's not so surprising is Brenham pulls that trick play once a game almost every game. Glen West make ballsy calls like that all the time. There was just over two minutes left in the game and the Wildcats needed a QB that can pass, and it just wasn't there. And that second half defense, I just have one question, With it obvious Brenham isn't going to run the ball in the fourth quarter, how is it that Angleton NEVER put a one (much less two) safeties 15 yards deep. Angleton's back-up corners were out on an island by themselves. Ty Schlottmann will tear man coverage up all day long, he looks off receivers and sees the entire field. Angleton lost in the third round last year to Beaumont Central in the same fashion - not having a safety deep when they knew the other team was going to throw the ball. Angleton beat three teams this year who are in the regional finals, while they are stopped short again. Something in that scheme is going to have to change, or this vicious cycle will continue.

Good post about Ty...he is very underrated...I don't know about the whole state, but defiantly one of the best in region 3.  His 2 6'2", D1 targets don't hurt either.  Reese will be gone next year, but Edwards will be back and so will Ty.  I'm just glad I get to see this rematch.  I watched the Dayton vs El Campo game and I was very impressed.  Maybe this will turn into an annual meeting between these 2 great schools...

[quote name="rollinac" post="720098" timestamp="1259471783"]
We're happy to see it as well.  Dayton didn't play their best game against El Campo but a W is a W.
[/quote]
El Campo was  good team.
Lots of speedy d-backs kept the Bronco offense stymied in the first half.

When the coaches put Payton back at QB,that changed the game, El Campo couldn't stop the read option and it openned up the quick screen pass to Gamal that sealed the game in the 4th quarter.

Defense did play outstanding after the 1st quarter, the secondary is turning around.

[u][b]Recap:[/b][/u]

[b][u]INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS LEADERS[/u][/b]

Rushing: (Angleton) Quandre Diggs 28-182, 2 TD, Henry Josey 17-106 TD, Terrance Franks 3 85 TD
            (Brenham) Troy Green 12-79, TD. Ty Schlottmann 5-65

Passing: (Angleton) Josey 1-1-0, 77 yards; Diggs 0-4-2, 0 yards
            (Brenham) Ty Schlottmann 17-27-0, 274 yards, 2 TDs. Buro 2-2-0 28 yards 1 TD

Receiving: (Angleton) Roderick Butler 1-77
              (Brenham) Derek Edwards 2-37, 2 TDs. Troy Green 2-52, 1 TD, Terrell Reese 3-65, 

Field Goals: (Angleton) Tanner Schmidt 1-1 35 yards

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder