Central vs. Friendswood 'the rematch' This time, it's personal

One thing is for sure, Central will have more time to prepare for FW. Waltrip had all of one day to prepare after Wheatley was DQ for using an ineligible player. Waltrip coach said he found out Friday @ 9:30am. They had to get the equipment back out, 3 players was at a BB tournament in Magnolia (they made it back), six others at another school function in Dallas. May not mean anything but I thought I'll throw that out there.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all you Central fans,

You have this PNG grad's 100% support in this game and for the rest of the season (but especially this game).  I've been over on the other PNG thread and have seen what FWfan has been saying about my team.  I don't just want Central to beat FW.  I want Central to put it on them soo bad that FW will be ashamed to admit that they even play football.  Central has the talent and speed to make this happen.

So from a PNG fan to the Central boys on the field, get out there and whoop dat ______!

[quote name="localsports" post="715835" timestamp="1258930647"]
One thing is for sure, Central will have more time to prepare for FW. Waltrip had all of one day to prepare after Wheatley was DQ for using an ineligible player. Waltrip coach said he found out Friday @ 9:30am. They had to get the equipment back out, 3 players was at a BB tournament in Magnolia (they made it back), six others at another school function in Dallas. May not mean anything but I thought I'll throw that out there.
[/quote]

Plus they only had enough 'W' decals for 1 side of their helmelts.  Just a messed up situation all around....

Wow, judging by all the whining, crying, fictional fumble stories, and name calling from you Jag fans after you lost last year, I would have bet anything that it was personal back then!!!  I cannot imagine what it is going to be like this year -- when you lose again.  ;D

You should talk to some of your Dayton friends about what it is like to play Friendswood two years in a row.  Even for a first class team like Dayton it just does not get any easier -- and let me tell you, Central is a good team, but they are definitely NO Dayton.

The Friendswood offense is only slightly less potent as last year, but is still plenty good!  And, the Friendswood defense is much better than last year.  I see the Mustangs pulling away late to win by 10.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="rjn75" post="715963" timestamp="1258945923"]
I found a list of hs stadiums on Bobs that are 16500 capacity and higher, I see Stallworth but I guess that one in Odessa is smaller.
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/cap_index.php
[/quote]

The stadium in Odessa is Ratliff Stadium. It's on the list you have a link to.

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="715907" timestamp="1258940799"]
Wow, judging by all the whining, crying, fictional fumble stories, and name calling from you Jag fans after you lost last year, I would have bet anything that it was personal back then!!!  I cannot imagine what it is going to be like this year -- when you lose again.  ;D

You should talk to some of your Dayton friends about what it is like to play Friendswood two years in a row.  Even for a first class team like Dayton it just does not get any easier -- and let me tell you, Central is a good team, but they are definitely NO Dayton.

The Friendswood offense is only slightly less potent as last year, but is still plenty good!  And, the Friendswood defense is much better than last year.  I see the Mustangs pulling away late to win by 10.
[/quote]Crying and whiney?  Are you sure those were Jag fans?  I don't believe it was me.  I don't make excuses.  We lost when we had the lead most of the game.  But i'm here to say that it ain't happening this year.  And if somehow we do lose this game, once again, there will be no excuses.  We just beat a really good Huntsville team this weekend while yall was playing around with who?  WALTRIP?  :o :o  Ok...  8) 8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="716142" timestamp="1258990136"]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=62829.msg715907#msg715907 date=1258940799]

[/quote]Crying and whiney?  Are you sure those were Jag fans?  I don't believe it was me.  I don't make excuses.  We lost when we had the lead most of the game.  But i'm here to say that it ain't happening this year.  And if somehow we do lose this game, once again, there will be no excuses.  We just beat a really good Huntsville team this weekend while yall was playing around with who?  WALTRIP?   :o :o  Ok...   8) 8)
[/quote]

Good looking forward to a good game. But if it was not you soulja, there were a ton of folks whining about one play, despite video evidence showing how close it was, they wanted to say the refs were biased. Good call on a bang bang play. simple. Yes we had an easy game last week. But while yall were fiddling around with Nederland, LCM, Vidor, and Goose Creek  - we were playing Manvel, Dawson, Angelton, Texas City, etc. Our district and predistrict schedule can compare with yours very well! Good luck.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="716229" timestamp="1258997347"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=62829.msg716142#msg716142 date=1258990136]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=62829.msg715907#msg715907 date=1258940799]

[/quote]Crying and whiney?  Are you sure those were Jag fans?  I don't believe it was me.  I don't make excuses.  We lost when we had the lead most of the game.  But i'm here to say that it ain't happening this year.  And if somehow we do lose this game, once again, there will be no excuses.  We just beat a really good Huntsville team this weekend while yall was playing around with who?  WALTRIP?   :o :o  Ok...   8) 8)
[/quote]

Good looking forward to a good game. But if it was not you soulja, there were a ton of folks whining about one play, despite video evidence showing how close it was, they wanted to say the refs were biased. Good call on a bang bang play. simple. Yes we had an easy game last week. But while yall were fiddling around with Nederland, LCM, Vidor, and Goose Creek  - we were playing Manvel, Dawson, Angelton, Texas City, etc. Our district and predistrict schedule can compare with yours very well! Good luck.
[/quote]Very good post.  We played our share of tough games. We beat a Port Arthur Memorial team that then went on the Beat North Shore.  We lost by 6 points to the 21-5a district champions and Area champion West Brook Bruins.  We also went on to crush Galveston Ball, who made the Playoffs.  No too shabby.  Then went on to lose by 2 points to our District Champion PN-G Indian while we had the lead with less than a minute left in the game.  And I find it funny that you say that we were Fiddling around (  :D :D  I really find that funny though  ;D ;D ) with them.  Vidor and Goose Creek were actually really good teams and would give Friendswood all they wanted and some.  Goose Creeks RB was the real deal and was always 1 missed tackle from taking it to paydirt...

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="715907" timestamp="1258940799"]

[/quote]
Flumpswood strikes again. Gotta love it. Behold the king of predictions. FW going down this week and Flumpy with em .LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I have always liked Friendswood for their year to year success but after listening to FW Fan post what he/she has posted this year about numerous teams and the total lack of class and sportsmanship he/she has done it with I hope it's a Jag's blowout.

I would be pulling for the Jag's anyway because I support my local teams and will be there in the stands in my purple & white. If the UIL would allow I'd pay $1k to see FW Fan suit up and let #44 Hale have one good shot!

Go Jag's and go NDN's!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder