Central vs. Friendswood 'the rematch' This time, it's personal

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't posted in awhile but Central wins if they limit their turnovers to less than 2 this game, I beleive most of the games they lost this year were because of turnovers. I hope the weather is bad because Central is a lot better bad weather team. I guess if you can play in Hurricanes, Floods, and Freezing Rain in an outdoor stadium on grass, everything after that is Easy !

But the reason I'm posting is I've got to ask BmtSoulja this, how long do ya'll think you'll keep Coach Washington ? Heck, all Coaches say they aren't  leaving but unless you are the only game town, (WO-S, Newton, Kirbyville) and do not have to compete with others schools for players, equipment, and stadiums (Ozen, West Brook) other schools can offer the bigger money, title (AD), etc. than Central. Was he the OC or DC last year ? Because if he is the DC, Central always has a tuff Defense Year In and Year Out. I'm sure other schools are already looking at Coach Washington ?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="719316" timestamp="1259423193"]
Yes, I am.  And I'm normally pretty humble and talk good of the other team, but a selected few Friendswood fans are making that really hard to do (there are actually a few of the Friendswood fans that just wanna see good football and respect their opponent).
[/quote]
Yes sir. Looking forward to this one. Everyone be safe on the roads.

[quote name="sbearcat" post="719340" timestamp="1259425343"]
I haven't posted in awhile but Central wins if they limit their turnovers to less than 2 this game, I beleive most of the games they lost this year were because of turnovers. I hope the weather is bad because Central is a lot better bad weather team. I guess if you can play in Hurricanes, Floods, and Freezing Rain in an outdoor stadium on grass, everything after that is Easy !

But the reason I'm posting is I've got to ask BmtSoulja this, how long do ya'll think you'll keep Coach Washington ? Heck, all Coaches say they aren't  leaving but unless you are the only game town, (WO-S, Newton, Kirbyville) and do not have to compete with others schools for players, equipment, and stadiums (Ozen, West Brook) other schools can offer the bigger money, title (AD), etc. than Central. Was he the OC or DC last year ? Because if he is the DC, Central always has a tuff Defense Year In and Year Out. I'm sure other schools are already looking at Coach Washington ?
[/quote]Truth be told, I think Wash stays. Heck he've been a part of the organization since Central's beginings.  I think he's a keeper.  Don't know what kind of coach he was last year...

Alright Central...This is your game to lose. Don't do it. Hold on to the ball, control the clock and you will be playing next week. 20-4A is behind you and this Lumberton fan is all maroon this week. Good Luck!

Sorry Central. I don't talk a lot of noise, but this game was Pretty much a complete Beatdown!
Friendswood -44  BC-22, Friendswood lines controlled the entire game. BC running game probably lost as much yardage as it made. I don't think BC was ready for the Physical style of play that Friendswood brought on both sides of the ball.
Two touchdowns late in the 4th Qtr make the final score closer than it really was.

[quote name="fatdaddy" post="719768" timestamp="1259452651"]
Sorry Central. I don't talk a lot of noise, but this game was Pretty much a complete Beatdown!
Friendswood -44  BC-22, Friendswood lines controlled the entire game. BC running game probably lost as much yardage as it made. I don't think BC was ready for the Physical style of play that Friendswood brought on both sides of the ball.
Two touchdowns late in the 4th Qtr make the final score closer than it really was.

[/quote]Gotta agree with ya.

[quote name="fatdaddy" post="719768" timestamp="1259452651"]

[/quote]
Good assessment of the game, it was not centrals day, congrats to the mustangs, and good luck next week.

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="719774" timestamp="1259453192"]
[quote author=fatdaddy link=topic=62829.msg719768#msg719768 date=1259452651]

[/quote]
Good assessment of the game, it was not centrals day, congrats to the mustangs, and good luck next week.
[/quote] We wasn't pick to go in the playoff, but we went 3 rounds. That's say something about Central team! They have a better chance prediting the weather!

Indeed - the lines were the difference. FW defense only had to rush 4 all game and got to the QB with ease. Our defense spread the field and showed we have speed. Our QB had all kinds of time and had a great day. We showed we have more than Cole as weapons on offense. Lots of pregame Articles in the local papers about the game being personal and how fast central was. Our players heard and reacted.

People all over FW were wondering if our QB would be any good. After watching him for 2 years on JV - I said do not worry - and he has stepped up rather well has he not? 199 - 326 , 61% competion rate, 2700 yards, 30 TD's and 10 picks. Very comparable to past numbers would you not agree?

Great Fan support for Central. The band was fun to watch. Good sportsmanship in general! Good day for football for High school kids. Good luck next year. We will be representing this region with pride.

[quote name="txcanes" post="720260" timestamp="1259513738"]
Indeed - the lines were the difference. FW defense only had to rush 4 all game and got to the QB with ease. Our defense spread the field and showed we have speed. Our QB had all kinds of time and had a great day. We showed we have more than Cole as weapons on offense. Lots of pregame Articles in the local papers about the game being personal and how fast central was. Our players heard and reacted.

People all over FW were wondering if our QB would be any good. After watching him for 2 years on JV - I said do not worry - and he has stepped up rather well has he not? 199 - 326 , 61% competion rate, 2700 yards, 30 TD's and 10 picks. Very comparable to past numbers would you not agree?

Great Fan support for Central. The band was fun to watch. Good sportsmanship in general! Good day for football for High school kids. Good luck next year. We will be representing this region with pride.
[/quote]Good luck to FW from here on out. Your team's solid.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder