Central vs. Friendswood 'the rematch' This time, it's personal

Funny Freindywoodfan you used the same logic as to the reason that fRiendywoody is better than the entire 20-4A because you guys beat up on a down trodden Nederland who had just lost 4 defensive starters and a UT signed baseball player at QB WOOOOHOOOOOOO Friendywoody is good. If the GCM pats are weak and mediocre as you all say then Friendy is only 1 game better. 7-4 vrs 7-3 says alot. Once again you are embarassing your self amongsts the football community. Friendy are you 15 or 16?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="CougarManny" post="717957" timestamp="1259250293"]
I'm sorry guys, I know this is a FW and BC thread, but I have to stick up for my cougars here. We've obviously seen better days, but I think all teams go through up and down periods. These past couple of years, it's just been lamarque's turn. Next year is our year to make a statement. Now, as for FW vs BC. I'm going to give BC all the props in the world because of how well they've played this year. No doubt they're a great team. However, you CANNOT judge friendswood by their record. I live in galveston county and I have seen several of their games this year. I can tell you that in those loses, they were without a couple of their main players, especially #11 (who, by the way, put up 140 yards and 2TDs on BC last year) - and a nice 60 yard run to boot - it's on youtube somewhere. Not saying #11 would have made a difference against angleton (would have helped), but definitely against santa fe. My point is this: don't rely too much on who FW and BC have played this season. By this point, both FW and BC are different teams - better in my opinion.
[/quote]I've seen all of those youtube videos that the 'friendswood fan' put up.  They were impressive, no doubt.  But there were no Central highlights...  I wonder why?  I was more impressed with the long bomb than the long run by Cole.  The Central Defender didn't wrap up and the other defenders stopped persuing thinking that the kid was going to go down. 

I do agree with you that both teams have gotten better.  I still say that this years team have the possibility to  be better than last year's team.  And that team gave you all you wanted and some.  With a 'predictable' offense...

Soulja dont let him bother you he is a little kid who likes stirring the pot. If you guys win he will vanish til next season. They have lost 3 games 2 were to questionable teams with a loss that should of happened to Dayton. Dayton would drop them like a bad habit now that they are playing better football. Central is a very solid football team all the way around. Hope you guys beat em good. 20-4A all the way.

The Santa Fe loss was inexecusable though they were beat up at that point in the season but injuries are not an excuse .  The other two teams FW loss to are both still playing, one in 5a D1.  Saying Dayton would beat Friendswood now is obsurd, FW dominated that game they just got sloppy in the last few minutes of that game to make it closer then it appeared.  I saw the game against Nederland and I can assure everyone it wouldn't of mattered if they had their starting qb,infact that week PNG was on a bye week and some of their players and coaches were at the game and all I heard is how impressed they were with Friendswood.  Comments like "I didn't think they would be that fast", that is a huge physical team" were coming from PNG players. 

Yeah, I kinda have to agree with you. I'm not a fwood fan, but it's funny how quick we're able to place fwood in the "big and strong" category and BC in the "fast and athletic" category -- I'm guilty of the same thing.  I think both teams are athletic and fast in key positions. I just believe this is very equally matched game. It's gonna surprise a lot of people. Unless of course the fwood coach decides to throw on short and goal situations (he can be WAY too pass happy from what I've seen). BC will run away with it if the stangs don't bring their A game and aren't balanced on offense.

Is it just luck a year later and Central & Dayton are still playing as is West Brook-Crosby-Friendswood.The years success is Measured by how you FINISH.This has been the year of unpredictable upsets w/nearly every team get wacked at sometime during the year as well as undefeated top ranked schools win in close games lately.This is why good coaches schedule pre-season games against great teams to evaluate the teams progress.What happened before the playoffs started is only brought back up as a Excuse to fill a crying towel.Every team still playing can win it all-Period ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="718043" timestamp="1259261541"]
Is it just luck a year later and Central & Dayton are still playing as is West Brook-Crosby-Friendswood.The years success is Measured by how you FINISH.This has been the year of unpredictable upsets w/nearly every team get wacked at sometime during the year as well as undefeated top ranked schools win in close games lately.This is why good coaches schedule pre-season games against great teams to evaluate the teams progress.What happened before the playoffs started is only brought back up as a Excuse to fill a crying towel.Every team still playing can win it all-Period ;)
[/quote]
Well said Sir.

hey everybody, i wanna wish the central jags the best of luck. the pirates back yall. yall heard our coach mathews say he would pick yall 99% of the time ;) i came from friendswood and i know what they can do. they are for real. but so are yall. yall beat us by one point early on in the season. yall lost to fw last year by one point. we know how yall feel. yall are on a huge roll and i hope yall destroy fw mustangs

my prediction bc-22 fw-21

go get em jags.

strength
determination
mercyless
forever

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="717990" timestamp="1259256257"]
Funny Freindywoodfan you used the same logic as to the reason that fRiendywoody is better than the entire 20-4A because you guys beat up on a down trodden Nederland who had just lost 4 defensive starters and a UT signed baseball player at QB WOOOOHOOOOOOO Friendywoody is good. If the GCM pats are weak and mediocre as you all say then Friendy is only 1 game better. 7-4 vrs 7-3 says alot. Once again you are embarassing your self amongsts the football community. Friendy are you 15 or 16?
[/quote]

Actually, we also whipped a dang good Dayton squad (again) that is better than every team in 20-4A!!  Or did you not realize that?

And, it's actually not "the same logic."  I'll go slow here so you can keep up jackie boy!.  You see, Soulja used Central's game agianst Angleton from last year to suggest that Central was better than Friendswood this year.  There is an element of logic to that -- not a lot, but some.  But, the fly (or should I say roach) in the ointment so to speak is that he forgot (ignored is more like it) that Friendswood beat Central last year.  You see, it's not logical to look at only some of last year's results to extrapolate (big word, sorry jackie, to project) to this year. Think about it some, and talk to you daddies if you don't understand!  ;D  ;)

Yesterday doesn't matter to me personally but yesterday is always fun to talk about.  Tomorrow is what matters IMO.  I would love to see a rematch between FW and Dayton because tomorrow's game would be nothing like yesterday's because both teams are playing lights out football right now and Dayton has a different QB.  The rematch between BC and FW will be just as good as last year's BUT I really just don't know what BC team will show up.  Will it be the team that struggled against a two year program like GCM or the team that came from behind last week against Huntsville.  Who knows?!  FW is going to bring it no matter what.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="717702" timestamp="1259194727"]
[quote author=rjn75 link=topic=62829.msg717699#msg717699 date=1259194286]
I haven't seen them play this year but I did last year.  I'm just stating my opinion, we'll see what happens soon enough.  Dawson may not be as fast, but they've had their way with Goose Creek for two years now, which BC struggled with recently.     
[/quote]How did we struggle in a Shutout?  They couldn't score, man.  So did Dawson shut them out?  Is that what your telling me?

By the way, this is not the Central Team from last year.  If this team opens it up, it could possibly end up better than last years version...
[/quote]

Dude it was 40-13 after 3 and Dawson put in the scrubs. Geez know what happened.

[quote name="CougarManny" post="717957" timestamp="1259250293"]
I'm sorry guys, I know this is a FW and BC thread, but I have to stick up for my cougars here. We've obviously seen better days, but I think all teams go through up and down periods. These past couple of years, it's just been lamarque's turn. Next year is our year to make a statement. Now, as for FW vs BC. I'm going to give BC all the props in the world because of how well they've played this year. No doubt they're a great team. However, you CANNOT judge friendswood by their record. I live in galveston county and I have seen several of their games this year. I can tell you that in those loses, they were without a couple of their main players, especially #11 (who, by the way, put up 140 yards and 2TDs on BC last year) - and a nice 60 yard run to boot - it's on youtube somewhere. Not saying #11 would have made a difference against angleton (would have helped), but definitely against santa fe. My point is this: don't rely too much on who FW and BC have played this season. By this point, both FW and BC are different teams - better in my opinion.
[/quote]

Guess what?  This is funny!!!!  Because the Jags last two losses came without our leading back on the field... The first loss came by 6 points to a team that won a tough 5A district and  just beat the last year's defending 5A champ in the playoffs.

Friendy woof fan  man I love this guy he is a dreamer. I believe in having your dreams. Im not gonna shoot you down for that. Man you are a likable little fellow. I hope the best for Friendswood but they better be ready to get hit in the face(mask)this week. I know you are scared deep down inside because all the  trash you have talked on here could run you out the door this week. If Woodsy loooooooossssssseeeesss this week Im gonna miss his on the board antics.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="rjn75" post="718021" timestamp="1259259930"]
The Santa Fe loss was inexecusable though they were beat up at that point in the season but injuries are not an excuse .  The other two teams FW loss to are both still playing, one in 5a D1.  Saying Dayton would beat Friendswood now is obsurd, FW dominated that game they just got sloppy in the last few minutes of that game to make it closer then it appeared.  I saw the game against Nederland and I can assure everyone it wouldn't of mattered if they had their starting qb,infact that week PNG was on a bye week and some of their players and coaches were at the game and all I heard is how impressed they were with Friendswood.  Comments like "I didn't think they would be that fast", that is a huge physical team" were coming from PNG players. 
[/quote]

Your same logic applies to that "medicore" GCM team, except ALL of their losses where to teams still in the playoffs! Dawson, Dayton, Crosby, Central. Maybe, just maybe, you Mustang fans do not know what the heck you're talking about!

So if PNG was impressed, we should all be impressed? Child please!

[quote name="GCMPats" post="718357" timestamp="1259329683"]
[quote author=rjn75 link=topic=62829.msg718021#msg718021 date=1259259930]
[/quote]

Your same logic applies to that "medicore" GCM team, except ALL of their losses where to teams still in the playoffs! Dawson, Dayton, Crosby, Central. Maybe, just maybe, you Mustang fans do not know what the heck you're talking about!

So if PNG was impressed, we should all be impressed? Child please!

[/quote]Good points!

BC is lucky that Huntsville fell apart like a cheap suit and choked that away, but any how they are playing Friendswood on Saturday! To Friendswood it doesn't matter if its BC, Huntsville, PNG, Dayton, Geese Crook, Crosby, etc,etc,etc they'll be happy to end whomevers season.  Fact is theirs only a handful of teams that can hang with the WOOD and they don't happen to come out of districts 18, 19, or 20.

[quote name="rjn75" post="718392" timestamp="1259338379"]
BC is lucky that Huntsville fell apart like a cheap suit and choked that away, but any how they are playing Friendswood on Saturday! To Friendswood it doesn't matter if its BC, Huntsville, PNG, Dayton, Geese Crook, Crosby, etc,etc,etc they'll be happy to end whomevers season.  Fact is theirs only a handful of teams that can hang with the WOOD and they don't happen to come out of districts 18, 19, or 20.
[/quote]Ha ha!  Very funny!  I think we just played a good game and was too much for Huntsville.  Also, I'm willing to bet that Huntsville would have eaten Friendswood for lunch.  #7 and #9 would have had their way with the Friendswood defense.  Those guys were the real deal.  Take nothing away from those guys.  And for you to say that shows your ignorance of playoff football.

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="718238" timestamp="1259295502"]
Guess what?  This is funny!!!!  [b]Because the Jags last two losses came without our leading back on the field... [/b] The first loss came by 6 points to a team that won a tough 5A district and  just beat the last year's defending 5A champ in the playoffs.
[/quote]
What?
O'Neal and Daws were both played against PNG. And played well. They each scored and each carried the ball over 20 times.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder