Central vs. Friendswood 'the rematch' This time, it's personal

[quote name="badndn" post="718445" timestamp="1259349230"]
[quote author=shorttexas1 link=topic=62829.msg718238#msg718238 date=1259295502]
Guess what?  This is funny!!!!  [b]Because the Jags last two losses came without our leading back on the field... [/b] The first loss came by 6 points to a team that won a tough 5A district and  just beat the last year's defending 5A champ in the playoffs.
[/quote]
What?
O'Neal and Daws were both played against PNG. And played well. They each scored and each carried the ball over 20 times.
[/quote]Damon Heard was out.  He lead the team with yards per carry.  Meaning he was the one bussing the long runs early in the season...

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="718454" timestamp="1259350091"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=62829.msg718445#msg718445 date=1259349230]
Guess what?  This is funny!!!!  [b]Because the Jags last two losses came without our leading back on the field... [/b] The first loss came by 6 points to a team that won a tough 5A district and  just beat the last year's defending 5A champ in the playoffs.
[/quote]
What?
O'Neal and Daws were both played against PNG. And played well. They each scored and each carried the ball over 20 times.
[/quote]Damon Heard was out.  He lead the team with yards per carry.  Meaning he was the one bussing the long runs early in the season...
[/quote]
A very good athlete...IMO, central won that game...sorry, but you don't throw consecutive penalties towards the end of a district championship....smells like a rookie ref to me

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="rjn75" post="718392" timestamp="1259338379"]
BC is lucky that Huntsville fell apart like a cheap suit and choked that away, but any how they are playing Friendswood on Saturday! To Friendswood it doesn't matter if its BC, Huntsville, PNG, Dayton, Geese Crook, Crosby, etc,etc,etc they'll be happy to end whomevers season.  Fact is theirs only a handful of teams that can hang with the WOOD and they don't happen to come out of districts 18, 19, or 20.
[/quote]

Goose Creek, nor anyone else in this area, wants any part of your "wood". We'll let you take care of that yourself.

If the Geese Crook reference was some sort of dig, then you can expect your lawn care service cost to rise significantly!

[quote name="rjn75" post="718392" timestamp="1259338379"]
BC is lucky that Huntsville fell apart like a cheap suit and choked that away, but any how they are playing Friendswood on Saturday! To Friendswood it doesn't matter if its BC, Huntsville, PNG, Dayton, Geese Crook, Crosby, etc,etc,etc they'll be happy to end whomevers season.  Fact is theirs only a handful of teams that can hang with the WOOD and they don't happen to come out of districts 18, 19, or 20.
[/quote]

Well,One hung pretty good with yall last year *Cough* Central..

[quote name="SgtRey" post="718459" timestamp="1259350705"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=62829.msg718454#msg718454 date=1259350091]
[/quote]
What?
[/quote]Damon Heard was out.  He lead the team with yards per carry.  Meaning he was the one bussing the long runs early in the season...
[/quote]
A very good athlete...IMO, central won that game...sorry, but you don't throw consecutive penalties towards the end of a district championship....smells like a rookie ref to me
[/quote]

First we go from saying our best players were out, some one calls your bluff, oh we were missing the guy who had the most yards per carry, but the refs really cost us the game. Guys - just button it up and see what the boys can do on the field, yall are embarassing your sons!

[quote name="liltex" post="718003" timestamp="1259257398"]
Go Jags;Bring the heat to the QB-watch for the screen to Cole-Keep them in poor field position.This is a winnable game for Central.Winner plays Dawson/Crosby winner. 8)
[/quote]

Please do that key on Cole, key on Cole, key on Cole - surprises await!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="718093" timestamp="1259277434"]
In my opinion, FW - Karaam =  a loss.  I don't care if it is by 1 point or 3 TD's.

This team could be better than last year's bunch.  I just wanna see if our coaching staff opens it up.  But if you can't stop our running game, by all means, milk it all day...
[/quote]

In our opinion - you are wrong. Our QB is doing very well for only his 2nd full season as a qb!

180-299 60% complete, 2459 yards 26 td's and 10 picks.  Very comparable to Karams junior year and senior year, remember karam had 3 more games to get 3,000 yards, maybe Peter will also! We are proud to have two very good QB's in a row !!

[quote name="txcanes" post="718606" timestamp="1259366853"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=62829.msg718459#msg718459 date=1259350705]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=62829.msg718454#msg718454 date=1259350091]
Guess what?  This is funny!!!!  [b]Because the Jags last two losses came without our leading back on the field... [/b] The first loss came by 6 points to a team that won a tough 5A district and  just beat the last year's defending 5A champ in the playoffs.
[/quote]
What?
[/quote]
[/quote]

First we go from saying our best players were out, some one calls your bluff, oh we were missing the guy who had the most yards per carry, but the refs really cost us the game. Guys - just button it up and see what the boys can do on the field, yall are embarassing your sons!
[/quote]Dude, there was a guy that said that one of our RB's were out.  I came in to confirm that.  I never once blamed our last 2 losses on a player out.  Do you see my signature?  That's what my Jags do.  Stop trying to sike your own self out to hide your fear that your team will be going home tomorrow afternoon...

[quote name="CougarManny" post="717957" timestamp="1259250293"]
I'm sorry guys, I know this is a FW and BC thread, but I have to stick up for my cougars here. We've obviously seen better days, but I think all teams go through up and down periods. These past couple of years, it's just been lamarque's turn. Next year is our year to make a statement. Now, as for FW vs BC. I'm going to give BC all the props in the world because of how well they've played this year. No doubt they're a great team. However, you CANNOT judge friendswood by their record. I live in galveston county and I have seen several of their games this year. I can tell you that in those loses, they were without a couple of their main players, especially #11 (who, by the way, put up 140 yards and 2TDs on BC last year) - and a nice 60 yard run to boot - it's on youtube somewhere. Not saying #11 would have made a difference against angleton (would have helped), but definitely against santa fe. My point is this: don't rely too much on who FW and BC have played this season. By this point, both FW and BC are different teams - better in my opinion.
[/quote]

This guy here!

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="718734" timestamp="1259371763"]
[quote author=CougarManny link=topic=62829.msg717957#msg717957 date=1259250293]
I'm sorry guys, I know this is a FW and BC thread, but I have to stick up for my cougars here. We've obviously seen better days, but I think all teams go through up and down periods. These past couple of years, it's just been lamarque's turn. Next year is our year to make a statement. Now, as for FW vs BC. I'm going to give BC all the props in the world because of how well they've played this year. No doubt they're a great team. However, you CANNOT judge friendswood by their record. I live in galveston county and I have seen several of their games this year. I can tell you that in those loses, they were without a couple of their main players, especially #11 (who, by the way, put up 140 yards and 2TDs on BC last year) - and a nice 60 yard run to boot - it's on youtube somewhere. Not saying #11 would have made a difference against angleton (would have helped), but definitely against santa fe. My point is this: don't rely too much on who FW and BC have played this season. By this point, both FW and BC are different teams - better in my opinion.
[/quote]

This guy here!
[/quote]

Baycity o yeah thier really good Ask me i was at that butt whooping the cougars put on them... if BC is (bridge City) discard previous comment. O and Crosby will take care of Dawson this week so everyone will get to start saying the winner of this game will play Crosby =P

Guest falcon83
[quote name="Cougtalk" post="718755" timestamp="1259372358"]
[quote author=shorttexas1 link=topic=62829.msg718734#msg718734 date=1259371763]
[quote author=CougarManny link=topic=62829.msg717957#msg717957 date=1259250293]
[/quote]

When was the last time Crosby went this deep?

This guy here!
[/quote]

Baycity o yeah thier really good Ask me i was at that butt whooping the cougars put on them... if BC is (bridge City) discard previous comment. O and Crosby will take care of Dawson this week so everyone will get to start saying the winner of this game will play Crosby =P
[/quote]

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="718698" timestamp="1259370471"]
Phatmack, you going to pick me up?

With Central advancing tomorrow, I'll drive the following week.
[/quote]

You won't feel like even driving home after the beatdown by FW. I know lot of hope exist now that that LaMarque has declined but, the monster is still there. But hey! Keep hope alive. At least the Jags will win the halftime show. Just for the record when was the last time any team in your area won a state title. Wasn't it WOS in about 1987? If the Jags keep it close maybe they lose by less than six. You guys struggled with your mighty state ranked PNG, who was exposed as  an over-rated flop in the playoffs. Who did they petition to get them the phony state ranking????. BTW please tell Sister Soulja that when I say Galveston County, it means that I live in West Texas City which part of LaMarques school district. Oh yea that was a real sweet win over Ball which lost seven or eight starters who relocated last yr after Ike . In other words "big freaking deal" those boys are starting over , they only had 36 players on varsity.

Guest falcon83
[quote name="Crush#1!" post="718848" timestamp="1259374813"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=62829.msg718698#msg718698 date=1259370471]

[/quote]

You won't feel like even driving home after the beatdown by FW. I know lot of hope exist now that that LaMarque has declined but, the monster is still there. But hey! Keep hope alive. At least the Jags will win the halftime show. Just for the record when was the last time any team in your area won a state title. Wasn't it WOS in about 1987? If the Jags keep it close maybe they lose by less than six. You guys struggled with your mighty state ranked PNG, who was exposed as  an over-rated flop in the playoffs. Who did they petition to get them the phony state ranking????. BTW please tell Sister Soulja that when I say Galveston County, it means that I live in West Texas City which part of LaMarques school district. Oh yea that was a real sweet win over Ball which lost seven or eight starters who relocated last yr after Ike . In other words "big freaking deal" those boys are starting over , they only had 36 players on varsity.

[/quote]

:o

[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=62829.msg718698#msg718698 date=1259370471]

[/quote]

[/quote] :D :D Sister, huh?  Real cute coming from someone whose name sounds like a fruity flavored 'soft' drink.  Stick to the corny David Lettermen auditions, because you will never make it big time with that garbage, sunshine!  :-* :-*

Why are you even talking about PN-G?  Yall would have gotten beat by them as well.  It took Brenham to beat them.  Last I checked, Brenham was NOT located in Galveston County.  Also, Brenham had athletes they used to their advantage.  Ohh wait!  Friendswood have those kind of athletes, right?  ::) ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="718903" timestamp="1259376219"]
[quote author=Crush#1! link=topic=62829.msg718848#msg718848 date=1259374813]

[/quote]

[/quote] :D :D Sister, huh?  Real cute coming from someone whose name sounds like a fruity flavored 'soft' drink.  Stick to the corny David Lettermen auditions, because you will never make it big time with that garbage, sunshine!   :-* :-*

Why are you even talking about PN-G?  Yall would have gotten beat by them as well.  It took Brenham to beat them.  Last I checked, Brenham was NOT located in Galveston County.  Also, Brenham had athletes they used to their advantage.  Ohh wait!  Friendswood have those kind of athletes, right?   ::) ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]You tell'em Soulja :D

[/quote]

[/quote]
Hope you come back after Central puts it on your Stanks!
I never realized how obnoxious FW fans were. They talk alot of crap for a team that has been riding Lamarques coat tails for years and still hasn't won the big one!!!

haha, wow, things get pretty heated here quick. Listen, all I was pointing out is that there was a key offensive player who was missing during one of Fwood's losses (a fact) - I never once said that he was the REASON they lost. My post was more about how different Fwood and BC are right now compared to how they were early this season. That's all.

[/quote]

Oh yea that was a real sweet win over Ball which lost seven or eight starters who relocated last yr after Ike . In other words "big freaking deal" those boys are starting over , they only had 36 players on varsity.

[/quote]

In case your forgot,,this Jag Team wasnt given any shot with only 3 Starters coming back from last years team,,So look like both teams had alot of new faces huh,,

Im just going to mention this so the fued can continue... Common Jags everyones talking about 24-4a and thier 3 teams how bout SETX does a nice clean sweep in 4a DIV 1 ball =P maybe Brenham can help out and all those 24-4a kids will be sitting at home watching the big 12 championship next weekend instead of getting to play football.

and SETX will be playing of course (each other)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed