Central vs. Friendswood 'the rematch' This time, it's personal

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="rjn75" post="717634" timestamp="1259187337"]
At first glance my thoughts were that this was going to be a close game, but upon further review I believe Friendswood will win this one by a minimum of three touchdowns.  Everyone talks about how quick or fast BC is and will give FW problems, but the fact is Friendswood has played fast teams all year. Angleton,Dawson, Manvel, Dayton, Brazoswood all have their fair share of speed.  It seems like everyone is under the assumption that Friendswood is a bunch of slow kids, which is probally the way the prefer it.  Truth be told, Friendswood probally has more team speed anyone BC has played, they just don't have that one or two players that can flat out fly.  Friendswood is definitely one of the best coached HS teams in Texas and they beat teams by executing at a level not matched by many schools. BC needs unleash heck to win this one!!
[/quote]

Ok. Whatever. I've seen Dawson up close for the past two years. I saw Central a few weeks ago. The Central defense is LOADED with speed. Dawson does not have a single defensive player that has the "motor' of Central's #44.

As for Friendswood, never seen them play and never will. As far as superior coaching, that's always subjective.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first glance my thoughts were that this was going to be a close game, but upon further review I believe Friendswood will win this one by a minimum of three touchdowns.  Everyone talks about how quick or fast BC is and will give FW problems, but the fact is Friendswood has played fast teams all year. Angleton,Dawson, Manvel, Dayton, Brazoswood all have their fair share of speed.  It seems like everyone is under the assumption that Friendswood is a bunch of slow kids, which is probally the way the prefer it.  Truth be told, Friendswood probally has more team speed anyone BC has played, they just don't have that one or two players that can flat out fly.  Friendswood is definitely one of the best coached HS teams in Texas and they beat teams by executing at a level not matched by many schools. BC needs unleash heck to win this one!!
[/quote]3 TD's?  Now you not thinking straight.  We've played teams that would leave Dawson, Manvel and those other cats in the dust.  I'm willing that you have not seen West Brook or Memorial.  But you know what?  You can just keep on talking and making yourself believe it.  You know what?  I bet that Friendswood is not faster than our District champion PN-G Indians.  And ask them.  They'll tell you that we're fast...

[quote name="GCMPats" post="717635" timestamp="1259187378"]
[quote author=Football Fan 50 link=topic=62829.msg717625#msg717625 date=1259186899]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=62829.msg716849#msg716849 date=1259076027]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=62829.msg716825#msg716825 date=1259072588]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=62829.msg716785#msg716785 date=1259067431]
You Central fans, and maybe fws, have far more experience than me with roaches, so I will stay out of that part of the debate.  

I agree with dziii that a key to this game is the battle between the Central dbacks and the Mustang QB/receivers.  Notwithstanding Central's speed, I do not see Central scoring a lot on the Friendswood defense -- probably one or two big plays but otherwise Friendswood is too big and strong.  Thus, for Central to keep it close, their defense has to force Friendswood into mistakes.  I still see FW pulling away in the 2nd half.    
[/quote]
Your surrounded by bayous...now you claim there isn't roaches either.....Friendswood...oh I know .....A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Friendswood.... ::) ::)
[/quote]

Now that's funny.  By far, SgtRey's best post ever.   ;D  ;D  I literally died laughing!!!   :D  :D
[/quote]Somethin' wrong with his medulla oblongata.  ;D

[/quote]

No Colonel Sanders, You're wrong!  Momma's right!
[/quote]Lawrence Taylor - 'that brings me to my next point...  DON'T DO CRACK'

[quote name="rjn75" post="717668" timestamp="1259189032"]
I think your focusing on one player(#44), I'm talking about overall team speed, and I personally don't think BC is faster then those teams I mentioned.  I'm sorry that you've had to see Dawson the last couple season, thats too bad.
[/quote]Your saying this and you havn't even seen Central play.  What kind of logic is that?  But at the same time, I have seen Friendswood.  This is my Logic.  If we come out and execute our offense and remain 'smart' on offense, we should be playing for the region championship.  Point blank. 

[quote name="rjn75" post="717699" timestamp="1259194286"]
I haven't seen them play this year but I did last year.  I'm just stating my opinion, we'll see what happens soon enough.  Dawson may not be as fast, but they've had their way with Goose Creek for two years now, which BC struggled with recently.     
[/quote]How did we struggle in a Shutout?  They couldn't score, man.  So did Dawson shut them out?  Is that what your telling me?

By the way, this is not the Central Team from last year.  If this team opens it up, it could possibly end up better than last years version...

[/quote]
Which brings me to my next point kids... Don't Smoke Crack

[quote name="rjn75" post="717709" timestamp="1259196219"]
7-0 sounds like a struggle to me, not too mention it was against a mediocre team.  Three touchdowns may be a stretch, but I really believe BC is the team that has alot less room for error if they have any chance of winning.
[/quote]

IMO no team can afford to many errors...But everone is intitled to the own opinon..

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="717854" timestamp="1259209276"]
Looky here Friendswood fans!!!  Last year you guys said the same thing about how great you were and how simple those jags looked!! You all had great expectatiobs and high hopes.. You predicted a big win... And though you got the win... It was not big... This Jag team is better!!! Trust that!
[/quote] 8)

I've seen both play this year.  BC will have the advantage in team speed and FW in execution.  DO NOT THINK FRIENDWOOD IS SLOW HOWEVER because they are not.  Think PNG with a faster offense with a bigger, better back.  QB and O-Line is about the same as PNG.  Defensively, FW has 2 really good linebackers (32 & 33 I believe).  They are right there with BC's #44.  I expect this to be a defensive game and big plays will control the outcome.  FW runs a lot of gadget plays and are liable to hit one of those flee-flicker double reverses for a huge play.  If I was setting the line I'd say Friendswood -3 1/2.

[quote name="scooter!" post="717869" timestamp="1259211876"]
[quote author=shorttexas1 link=topic=62829.msg717854#msg717854 date=1259209276]
Looky here Friendswood fans!!!  Last year you guys said the same thing about how great you were and how simple those jags looked!! You all had great expectatiobs and high hopes.. You predicted a big win... And though you got the win... It was not big... This Jag team is better!!! Trust that!
[/quote] 8)
[/quote] 

[color=purple][/color
This is chance for Central to make a statement. FW is what it is. All that speed from the Jags has been seen  before.  Remember Angleton ? FW hasn't let a team clock 50 pts on them. The Jags are facing a team better than PNG. FW has an lb #44 that will be on that qb all day. The Jags speed will their asset. You can run on FW, but FW can score quickly. LaMarque ran on them and lost by a missed xpt. If this turns into a track meet the Jags are in trouble in my opinion. FW has played  way better competition over the yrs than the Jags by comparision. FW 35 Jags 24. P.S. I'm in Galveston County and I can confirm that the LaMarque dynasty is done, so it's safe for you guys to get some playoffs wins for the next few yrs now that LaMarque has let go of its stranglehold  on region III. 5 rings in eight appearances , the last being 2006 with the destruction of Waco. It has been a fun ride.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="rjn75" post="717709" timestamp="1259196219"]
7-0 sounds like a struggle to me, not too mention it was against a mediocre team.  Three touchdowns may be a stretch, but I really believe BC is the team that has alot less room for error if they have any chance of winning.
[/quote]

Medicore!? In the spirit of the holiday, I'll refrain, but 7-4 is not medicore for a second year program!

[quote name="Crush#1!" post="717895" timestamp="1259240955"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=62829.msg717869#msg717869 date=1259211876]
[quote author=shorttexas1 link=topic=62829.msg717854#msg717854 date=1259209276]
[/quote] 8)
[/quote]   

[color=purple][/color
This is chance for Central to make a statement. FW is what it is. All that speed from the Jags has been seen  before.  Remember Angleton ? FW hasn't let a team clock 50 pts on them. The Jags are facing a team better than PNG. FW has an lb #44 that will be on that qb all day. The Jags speed will their asset. You can run on FW, but FW can score quickly. LaMarque ran on them and lost by a missed xpt. If this turns into a track meet the Jags are in trouble in my opinion. FW has played  way better competition over the yrs than the Jags by comparision. FW 35 Jags 24. P.S. I'm in Galveston County and I can confirm that the LaMarque dynasty is done, so it's safe for you guys to get some playoffs wins for the next few yrs now that LaMarque has let go of its stranglehold  on region III. 5 rings in eight appearances , the last being 2006 with the destruction of Waco. It has been a fun ride.
[/quote]First of all, you need to get off of LaMarque's jock strap.  We're talking about Central/Friendswood here.  Also if FW have 2 LB's that's as good as #44 from Central, don't you think they would have had a better Season record than 7-3?  I see that 2 of your losses have been by double digits.  One of them at the hands of Angleton.  You know, the same Angleton that we took down last year.  Look at our record.  Yes, we have 3 losses as well, but all 3 of those games was by 1 score.  You know, we lost either by a FG or a TD...  But you know, go ahead and pull for Galveston county or whatever.  For the record, we destroyed Galveston Ball.  I bet you hate that!   :-* :-*

[quote name="GCMPats" post="717910" timestamp="1259245515"]
[quote author=rjn75 link=topic=62829.msg717709#msg717709 date=1259196219]
[/quote]

Medicore!? In the spirit of the holiday, I'll refrain, but 7-4 is not medicore for a second year program!
[/quote]I'm the same way, man.  You and I know that Goose Creek would give any team fits...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="717914" timestamp="1259245916"]
[/quote]First of all, you need to get off of LaMarque's jock strap.  We're talking about Central/Friendswood here.  Also if FW have 2 LB's that's as good as #44 from Central, don't you think they would have had a better Season record than 7-3?  I see that 2 of your losses have been by double digits.  One of them at the hands of Angleton.  You know, the same Angleton that we took down last year.  Look at our record.  Yes, we have 3 losses as well, but all 3 of those games was by 1 score.  You know, we lost either by a FG or a TD...  But you know, go ahead and pull for Galveston county or whatever.  For the record, we destroyed Galveston Ball.  I bet you hate that!   :-* :-*
[/quote]

I love the "Soulja logic" -- Central is better than Angleton because they beat Angleton last year, and Central is, therefore, better than Friendswood this year because Angleton (who Central beat last year) beat Friendswood this year.  Hmm, the only problem with that is what ????  Oh yeah, Friendswood beat Central last year!

HaHa!!!!   

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="717919" timestamp="1259246174"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=62829.msg717910#msg717910 date=1259245515]
[quote author=rjn75 link=topic=62829.msg717709#msg717709 date=1259196219]
7-0 sounds like a struggle to me, not too mention it was against a mediocre team.  Three touchdowns may be a stretch, but I really believe BC is the team that has alot less room for error if they have any chance of winning.
[/quote]

[/quote]I'm the same way, man.  You and I know that Goose Creek would give any team fits...
[/quote]reallyjustnagging75, this just seems like these guys are trying to get under peoples skin. All the talk, all the predictions means nothing when those kids touch that field. FW will have to bring it. My Jags will have to bring it.FW's record is no better than GC or Central's. Last season FW was saying the same thing. We almost beat their then UNTOUCHABLE team, remember? Well this years Jag D may be better, IMO. Our Offense has a chance if they take advantage, to be special to. Talk is cheap though, we'll see Saturday afternoon  ;D

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="717930" timestamp="1259247580"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=62829.msg717914#msg717914 date=1259245916]
[/quote]

I love the "Soulja logic" -- Central is better than Angleton because they beat Angleton last year, and Central is, therefore, better than Friendswood this year because Angleton (who Central beat last year) beat Friendswood this year.  Hmm, the only problem with that is what ????  Oh yeah, Friendswood beat Central last year!

HaHa!!!!    

bcjag09
[/quote]Ha Ha!!! this is funny. Two different sets of kids. We've got something to prove, and I think these kids will do just that. remember FWFan, last year you picked your team to blast my Jags. You barely came out alive. But you know, I like the underestimating tatics FW uses. It will be fuel for those hungry Jags.

I'm sorry guys, I know this is a FW and BC thread, but I have to stick up for my cougars here. We've obviously seen better days, but I think all teams go through up and down periods. These past couple of years, it's just been lamarque's turn. Next year is our year to make a statement. Now, as for FW vs BC. I'm going to give BC all the props in the world because of how well they've played this year. No doubt they're a great team. However, you CANNOT judge friendswood by their record. I live in galveston county and I have seen several of their games this year. I can tell you that in those loses, they were without a couple of their main players, especially #11 (who, by the way, put up 140 yards and 2TDs on BC last year) - and a nice 60 yard run to boot - it's on youtube somewhere. Not saying #11 would have made a difference against angleton (would have helped), but definitely against santa fe. My point is this: don't rely too much on who FW and BC have played this season. By this point, both FW and BC are different teams - better in my opinion.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder