Central vs. Friendswood 'the rematch' This time, it's personal

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="rjn75" post="715488" timestamp="1258900409"]
This will be far and away the best Bmt Central has seen all year, so they better bring it to have any chance.
[/quote]Really?  Better than Brook, Memorial, Galveston Ball, PN-G, Vidor?  All were playoff teams this year.  I think if we eliminate 3rd and long and complete passes early, we win this game.  Last year was Friendswood's best team with Karaam at the helm and only survived by 1 point to a run based Jag team...

Ummm....where's FriendswoodFan at??  I thought he'd be the first one on here after all that smack talking he was doing on our threads!  Maybe his daddy has him mowing the lawn  ;)!

Anyway, Congrats Jags on your win last night...glad yall got your "miracle moment"...wish I would've been there to see that comeback!

I think Central will see a much better FW defense then the one they saw last year.  Don't make the mistake and think FW is not as good as last years team because Karam and Gautreux are gone.  Their current quarterback doesn't have the skills Karam had but he's solid and really come into is own the last month.  I expect a very good physical game.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="715463" timestamp="1258899046"]
Predictions?
[/quote]]

Why is it personal? Because of one fan on a forum who is probably younger than your kids? Geez. Not personal for me. Central is a good team. We need to play well to win. I guess that about sums it up! Oh we could go into the game by game vs similar team thing - but we all know how that works! We could talk about strength of schedule and strength of district, but we know how well that works. Practice hard, stay healthy, play the game with class, have fun and good luck to both teams. We will be rooting for all Region 3 teams that advance.

Our coached handled a touchy game last nite with class, and our fans appreciated it.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="715561" timestamp="1258907261"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=62829.msg715463#msg715463 date=1258899046]
Predictions?
[/quote]]

Why is it personal? Because of one fan on a forum who is probably younger than your kids? Geez. Not personal for me. Central is a good team. We need to play well to win. I guess that about sums it up! Oh we could go into the game by game vs similar team thing - but we all know how that works! We could talk about strength of schedule and strength of district, but we know how well that works. Practice hard, stay healthy, play the game with class, have fun and good luck to both teams. We will be rooting for all Region 3 teams that advance.

Our coached handled a touchy game last nite with class, and our fans appreciated it.
[/quote]Only a rivalry statement I'm sure. I enjoy playing F-wood b/c of the respect we have to have for your teams success over the years. i think it will be a fun game. i can't wait. GO JAGS!!!!!!!! OH YEA, that fumble controversy last year don't help ;D

[quote name="bcjag09" post="715569" timestamp="1258907686"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=62829.msg715561#msg715561 date=1258907261]
Predictions?
[/quote]]

[/quote]Only a rilvary statement I'm sure. I enjoy playing F-wood b/c of the respect we have to have for your teams success over the years. i think it will be a fun game. i can't wait. GO JAGS!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I am with you, looking forward to it!!

Hey guys, new poster here. I've come here a while and enjoyed reading the comments from passionate fans. Good stuff. I was at the Fwood vs BC game last year. Great game. BC was the real deal, and still is. Why is this game personal? I think BC stands a good chance to win, but I wouldn't take Fwood lightly. Yes, overall they're not "fast", but they're pretty fast at the skill positions. They have legitimate, quick offensive weapons - Cole, Metzold, and Johnson are the ones to look out for. Should be a close game. I can't wait to see it.

The fumble controversy. I wondered about that too actually, because I thought BC had it. But I saw the video and the pictures from a sideline newspaper reporter, Karam's knee hit the ground before the ball was out - BARELY. I mean, you could see clearly his knee was down, but that ball came out right after. I wish I had the pictures, but sorry BC fans, it wasn't a fumble. Close, but not quite.

Guys, nothing serious.  It's really a saying.  Like 'this time it's personal'  Like you are very serious about this.  We have kids on last years team that were on the field last year when that clock struck 0:00.  They will take it as a personal challenge to perform well and get payback from last year.  That's All I meant.  BTW, I know you are still good without Karaam and the WR.  We will not take you lightly, FW.  I look for a great game!

[quote name="CougarManny" post="715573" timestamp="1258907925"]
Hey guys, new poster here. I've come here a while and enjoyed reading the comments from passionate fans. Good stuff. I was at the Fwood vs BC game last year. Great game. BC was the real deal, and still is. Why is this game personal? I think BC stands a good chance to win, but I wouldn't take Fwood lightly. Yes, overall they're not "fast", but they're pretty fast at the skill positions. They have legitimate, quick offensive weapons - Cole, Metzold, and Johnson are the ones to look out for. Should be a close game. I can't wait to see it.
[/quote]point well taken CougarManny

[quote name="CougarManny" post="715576" timestamp="1258908260"]
The fumble controversy. I wondered about that too actually, because I thought BC had it. But I saw the video and the pictures from a sideline newspaper reporter, Karam's knee hit the ground before the ball was out - BARELY. I mean, you could see clearly his knee was down, but that ball came out right after. I wish I had the pictures, but sorry BC fans, it wasn't a fumble. Close, but not quite.
[/quote]I'm not trippin on that fumble anymore.  Because if you ask me, we shouldn't have even been in that possition to even hope for a fumble that late in the game.  >:(

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="715578" timestamp="1258908305"]
Guys, nothing serious.  It's really a saying.  Like 'this time it's personal'  Like you are very serious about this.  We have kids on last years team that were on the field last year when that clock struck 0:00.  They will take it as a personal challenge to perform well and get payback from last year.  That's All I meant.  BTW, I know you are still good without Karaam and the WR.  We will not take you lightly, FW.  I look for a great game!
[/quote]Soulja the author, has spoken ;D

[quote name="fwstangs" post="715561" timestamp="1258907261"]
Predictions?
[/quote]]

[/quote]

The only thing worse than a PNG fan, is a fellow Friendswood fan who tries to kiss up to the enemy to avoid the heat.  Get off your knees Fwstangs!!!

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="715617" timestamp="1258911124"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=62829.msg715561#msg715561 date=1258907261]
Predictions?
[/quote]]

[/quote]

The only thing worse than a PNG fan, is a fellow Friendswood fan who tries to kiss up to the enemy to avoid the heat.  Get off your knees Fwstangs!!!
[/quote]Wow have you any loyalty to your fellow man? ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder