*Central vs. Huntsville Playoff Updates*/ Jags Win 28-24!!!!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the second year in a row...it's the Jags who are still playing...Congrats and Good Luck next week. Way to represent 20-4A and Southeast Texas. For all the talk we put out about how we have "the best football in Texas", we don't really have the facts to back that up at the 5A and 4A levels. After making it to the fourth round last year and, hopefully, past it this year, the Jags are doing more to put the Golden Triangle on the map than anyone else. Keep it up Jags and maybe the rest of the State will remember where SE Texas is come next season.

All I could say was wow. the character of these young men are, man. They made the hole GT proud tonight. I tell you, my nephew had given up on my jags. But me, he!! to tha naw, I had that feeling ;D. That BJ#3, that kid's something else. He wasn't to be denied tonight. We looked like we were going to try and tie it with a field goal. He said noway. picked up the ball and ran nearly [s]30[/s] 21 yds to pay dirt. Man, when he got the firstdown central's side erupted. Then he kept going. We went up 7 more decimals. ''Game ball kid''.  All of these kids worked hard and did their part.That #23 O'neal, love ya boi, hurt and still stuck it out. now that's heart. We held it down for these kids. I wasn't gonna leave tonight. I'm glad I stayed. Good win Jags!!!!!!

Tonight wins was ugly to say the least.
And us true Jag fans have gotten use to the ugly grind it out to the last second wins.
But here is what really made the difference for the Jags tonight.
Grinding out a 6 point lost to WB. In which Central controlled every aspect of this game but the final score.
But never gave up
Grinding out a 1 point win over Vidor after giving up 56 points. And never giving up.
Grinding it out with the premier PNG for 2 overtimes for a 3 point loss. And I'm not going to comment on the questionable calls by the Refs. and our coach.
But we never gave up
And all the grinding it out all season paid off big tonight. And most importantly never giving up.

Now we got a 1 point chip on our shoulders that's a year old.
So for Friendswood. We have not forgotten and guess what?
We are never giving up.

See you guys in the VID Section next week.

By the way, the reason I stopped texting is because I got so excited on the fake FG, I dropped my phone in the water!  >:( >:(  Couldn't turn it on.  Anyway, that's another story.

I tell you one thing.  These boys don't know the meaning of quit.  The game started off a defensive struggle as expected.  Our QB #10 made a couple of not so smart plays so he was benched.  The backup QB fumbled 2 snaps that put the Hornets in possision to score with great field possitions.  We had a chance to go into halftime with a 14-7 lead, but we fumbled it away and then Huntsville #7 went in at reciever and caught a long pass as time expired in the first half. 

Hornets turned it on in the second half.  We hung around because of our defense.  Then in the 4th quarter, it turned into the Brennen Jackson show.  Several long passes hauled in by this kid.  He even scored the fake FG.  This kid gets the game ball.  4 td's 3 in the air and one on the fake FG.  Show the rest of our kids how to bring your game up to this level. 

#7 for Huntsville is a dang animal.  This kid does it all and reminds me of Diggs from Angleton with the moves of Dustin Harris from Livingston last year.  I don't know if he is a senior, but if he is an underclassmen, look out for next year.  This game made me so excited.  I even got a chance to celebrate with our players.  (love the way Thorne Stadium have you really close to the action.  PN-G fans, I really don't know what problems you had with this venue)

Offense B - We did fairly well this week.  We passed the ball well and had a great playmaker tonight.

Defense B+ - We did fairly well in this as well, but we did give up that long pass with the half running out when you had great position on the ball.  Huntsville moved the ball well on us in the second half, but began to clamp down later int he 4th.

Special teams A+ - We made no mistakes in the special teams.  There was nice kickoff returns.  There was fairly good containment.  Good blocking on FG's and Punts.  Great call with the fake FG. 

I look forward for our boys to get payback on Friendswood next week. 

Beaumont Central 28, Huntsville 24 - Final

Beaumont Central Overall: 9-3  District: 5-2
Huntsville Overall: 8-4  District: 6-1
Boxscore
Saturday November 21, 2009 6:00pm

1 2 3 4 Total
Beaumont Central  0 7 7 14 28
Huntsville              0 14 7 3 24

Scoring summary
HUN -- Justin Gilbert 23-yard run (Martin Jaurez kick), 11:58, 2nd.
BCT -- Keenan Holman 13-yard pass from Donte Wilkerson (Juan Cardenas kick), 07:19, 2nd.
HUN -- Justin Gilbert 35-yard pass from Mark Wheeler (Martin Jaurez kick), 00:07, 2nd.
HUN -- Mark Wheeler 1-yard run (Martin Jaurez kick), 10:24, 3rd.
BCT -- Brenan Jackson 41-yard pass from Donte Wilkerson (Juan Cardenas kick), 04:18, 3rd.
HUN -- Martin Jaurez 36-yard field goal, 03:12, 4th.
BCT -- Brenan Jackson 24-yard pass from Donte Wilkerson (Juan Cardenas kick), 01:46, 4th.
BCT -- Brenan Jackson 20-yard run (Juan Cardenas kick), 01:04, 4th.

Team Stats
                  Central      Huntsville
Total yards      269            298
First downs      10              16
Rushes/Yds    34/68        46/202
Average rush    2              4.39
Comp/Atts      10/17/0      6/14/2
Pass yards      201              96
Comp pct      58.82          42.86
Punts              4                2
Punting Yards 155              79
Punting Average 38.75      39.5
Fumbles/Lost  4/4            3/2
Penalties-yards 3-15        4-40

Beaumont Central
Passing
Name            Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT
Donte Wilkerson 10 17 58.82 201 3 0
Rushing
Name    Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
Nijel Daw 8 71 8.9 0 0
Brenan Jackson 2 22 11 0 1
Keith O'Neal 14 22 1.6 0 0
Donte Wilkerson 9 -26 -2.9 0 0
Keonis Brazier 1 -21 -21 0 0
Receiving
Name          Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD
Keenan Holman 6 70 11.7 0 1
Christopher Baloney 1 17 17 0 0
Brenan Jackson 3 106 35.3 0 2

Huntsville
Passing
Name        Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT
Mark Wheeler 1 1 100 35 1 0
Justin Gilbert 5 13 38.46 61 0 2
Rushing
Name          Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
Shaquille Ross 18 102 5.7 0 0
Mark Wheeler 3 13 4.3 0 1
Justin Gilbert 19 79 4.2 0 1
Henry Ford 1 8 8 0 0
Receiving
Name        Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD
Shaquille Ross 1 0 0 0 0
Mark Wheeler 2 23 11.5 0 0
Justin Gilbert 1 35 35 0 1
Trevian Byrd 2 28 14 0 0

This Game has to be ranked up their with the Central/Angelton game from last year..

Defense..IDC what everone says, your are one of the best in the State..All the stuff Offense put you guys through and you only give up 14 pts..Im not gonna even lie..i had my stuff in my hand ready to go when i saw the ref signal 1st down with 3+ mins ticking down..I still dont know how we won this game..As bad as we played we were still able to come back and win this one..I think the offense is gettin better each week..Ecspecialy if our WR can play like they did todaii..Makes us a balance offense..SMH IM JUST LOST FOR WORDS RIGHT NOW.. ;D

Now,We have this score to settle with an old foe..

Are people actually anticipating my posts now?  I am starting to think that the owners of this website should pay me for generating activity!   ;)

Congratulations to Central for what sounds like a thrilling come from behind win!  I actually am anticipating a very good game between two very good teams on Saturday.  I do think the Stangs are the better team, but not so much that the outcome is free from doubt.  To me Central is by far the best team from an otherwise pretty weak district 20-4A -- which made the losses during the season somewhat surprising.  

BTW, 3 of 4 teams from 24-4A are still alive, and will all be favored this week!  ;D

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="715440" timestamp="1258895633"]
Are people actually anticipating my posts now?  I am starting to think that the owners of this website should pay me for generating activity!   ;)

Congratulations to Central for what sounds like a thrilling come from behind win!  I actually am anticipating a very good game between two very good teams on Saturday.  I do think the Stangs are the better team, but not so much that the outcome is free from doubt.  To me Central is by far the best team from an otherwise pretty weak district 20-4A -- which made the losses during the season somewhat surprising.  

BTW, 3 of 4 teams from 24-4A are still alive, and will all be favored this week!  ;D
[/quote]
Don't flatter yourself.....

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="715440" timestamp="1258895633"]

[/quote]Now this is a change ;D. But, I will say this, Our weak District as you put it, prepared us to do what we did last night. I wouldn't trade it for nothing. The Vidor OT win. The Lumberton win in the mud. The close livingston lost in the mud. The PAT mix up against the District Champ NDNs. Man, this has made us what we are. This year is a mimik of last year. I really [u][color=maroon][b]believe[/b][/color][/u] this team is better.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83