Silsbee vs. Navasota predictions

Pratt decommitted from lsu and committed to okie st. Last I've heard about him was his arrest on drug charges. Don't know if he is in Stillwater or not. He definitely made it hard for the tiger D to adjust last year. Key in on stopping him and they would throw over the top of us and vice versa. Add in, we had a couple of our key defensive players ineligible and we just couldn't stop them.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SHSTIGER" post="710442" timestamp="1258433023"]
Pratt decommitted from lsu and committed to okie st. Last I've heard about him was his arrest on drug charges. Don't know if he is in Stillwater or not. He definitely made it hard for the tiger D to adjust last year. Key in on stopping him and they would throw over the top of us and vice versa. Add in, we had a couple of our key defensive players ineligible and we just couldn't stop them.
[/quote]

Where did their qb go?

Stokes is @ Kilgore JC playing Rec ( Red Shirt ) Pratt is @ OK State ( red Shirt ) and that incident is water under the bridge , he left LSU because they basically lied to him . LSU told him they wanted him as a RB but when he got there they wanted him to play LB .
Jackson has been starting for A&M at the Rec position and is doing well there. As far as last years team and this years team we feel this one is better ,  no we don't have the Pratts, Stokes , or Jacksons but what we do have is team chemistry and everyone plays well together WE are use to playing on the road  , we only had 3 home games this year . This game should be billed as " The Greatest game on turf " our qb is lighting fast and Silsbee's QB has pilot license lol they are 2 of the fastest in 3A.

[quote name="Ole Pigskin" post="711071" timestamp="1258508932"]
The jokers at the 3adl site is not giving the Tigers a chance.

Lets prove them all wrong. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

We do not take our cues from them...... ;D

I could have sworn I had a username a few years ago on here, but I haven't really followed the board since the Orangefield/Navasota controversy a few years back.  Anyhow, it is good to be playing Silsbee again.  I noticed a comment about the overwhelming votes in favor of Navasota on 3adl, but I don't think any Navasota people are arrogant about this matchup.  Focused, more like it.  The Rattlers started the year on fire, got a high ranking, then had two bad nights against Cameron and Caldwell.  Even in those matchups, the defense played well.  The Rattler defense is not to be overlooked anymore.  They were porous only a few seasons ago, but are very fast, hard hitting, and focused as a group.  If you looked at the schedule results posted on the first page, you will notice three shutouts, and all but one game with the defense allowing only two offensive TDs.  That has been one TD per half in those games.  The highest point total against the Rattlers by an offense was 20 by Palestine, overall 24 by Cameron, 8 of which was a returned stripped ball on the opening kickoff.  The Rattler's problem has been on the offensive side of the ball.  They are a very talented group, with a very large line, the left side of which are big (6-7, 6-5) DI recruits.  The line sometimes takes plays off, and it is usually at just the wrong time.  When they take over, i.e. Rockdale, Taylor, 2nd half of Madisonville, they can really bully a defensive front around.  The QB Hildreth is just as dangerous as JJ is for Silsbee.  The RBs are a mix of speed/shiftiness and power/quickness.  The key to Navasota winning any game is a balanced attack, with balanced drives.  Playmakers are:
QB Hildreth, #12 a senior - DI recruit
RB Burrell, #8 a junior
RB/MLB Jones, #9 a junior - DI recruit
WR Creeks, # 17 a junior
WR/CB Sweed, #3 a senior
DE/LB King, #52, a senior
LB Ewing, #19, a junior
DT Mallard, #32, a junior

There are several other good players on the defense, and some young talent on the offense.  Our three year starter at center has a bag leg injury, and his backup has played well.  Having 6'7" 330 Calhoun, #79 and 6'5" 300 Harrison, #74 right next to you means that you will get run at a lot more, and he has met the challenge thus far.

I don't mean to boast about the recruits or anything else, I am just trying to give some of you that might not know anything about Navasota a good overview of what to expect.

As far as the game, I just don't see Navasota giving up some of the predicted point totals on here.  We have played some great rushing teams (Caldwell) and some great passing teams (Cameron Yoe, Palestine) and have fared very well on defense.  That said, I don't think Navasota will have great success against Silsbee, who has had some very impressive wins over Jasper and WOS, especially.  I think the Rattlers have what it takes to sneak out a victory, something to the tune of 26-22.  Good luck to all, and I will be listening to the game from work in Longview, unfortunately.

Wow! An out of town poster who actually earned some respect from the "locals". Good post navscanmaster. I agree with you on this being a tight game. Silsbee can score some points but I too think the score will be in the low to mid 20's. Silsbee just seems to be clicking, as they have been for the second half of the season. Wouldn't surprise me if either team snuck out with the victory but I gotta go with the Tigers on this one. They remind me too much of a Silsbee team from a few years back that surprised a lot of folks when the playoffs rolled around.

Silsbee 24
Navasota 23

[quote name="iknoweverthing2" post="711688" timestamp="1258585071"]
not familiar with this area but was able to make it to the silsbee/ huffman game. silsbee has an incredible offense but they give up to many points on defense to beat the rattlers..... was able to attend the navasota/rockdale game and the rattlers are a complete team....
NAVASOTA 34
SILSBEE 20
[/quote]I agree

[quote name="navscanmaster" post="711104" timestamp="1258510836"]
.......... That said, I don't think Navasota will have great success against Silsbee, who has had some very impressive wins over Jasper and WOS, especially. ........
[/quote]
except that Silsbee did not win over Jasper.  Tough game, but Silsbee snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in that game.  Don't count on any more gifts from Silsbee though. 

[quote name="navscanmaster" post="711104" timestamp="1258510836"]

There are several other good players on the defense, and some young talent on the offense.  Our three year starter at center has a bag leg injury, and his backup has played well.  [b]Having 6'7" 330 Calhoun, #79 and 6'5" 300 Harrison[/b], #74 right next to you means that you will get run at a lot more, and he has met the challenge thus far.

[/quote]

I am betting that they run plays to the left side a lot?  LOL!  I know I would with those linemen leading the way. 

[quote name="iknoweverthing2" post="712539" timestamp="1258680839"]
bottom line to make it sound better for silsbee
Navasota 35
Silsbee 14....

JEREMY JOHNSON CANT DO EVERYTHING BY HISSELF...
SILSBEE COACHING STAFF GETS OUTCOACHED AGAIN LIKE THE YEAR BEFORE I WATCHED THE GAME I HUNTSVILLE AND CONROE FEW YRS AGO..IT NEVER FAILS..CAN WE SAY..NEW COACHING STAFF FROM TOP TO THE BOTTOM..NNEEWW CCOOAACCHHIINNGG SSTTAAFFFF
[/quote]Who said JJ could do everything by himself. Silsbee has a team, and if they beat Navasota would that make your statement true?

[quote name="iknoweverthing2" post="712539" timestamp="1258680839"]
bottom line to make it sound better for silsbee
Navasota 35
Silsbee 14....

JEREMY JOHNSON CANT DO EVERYTHING BY HISSELF...
SILSBEE COACHING STAFF GETS OUTCOACHED AGAIN LIKE THE YEAR BEFORE I WATCHED THE GAME I HUNTSVILLE AND CONROE FEW YRS AGO..IT NEVER FAILS..CAN WE SAY..NEW COACHING STAFF FROM TOP TO THE BOTTOM..NNEEWW CCOOAACCHHIINNGG SSTTAAFFFF
[/quote]

Is there a English class in your cell block? Tell the guard to sign you up and get off the shine.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245