Newton vs. Buna Playoff Predictions?

KFDM COOP

I told ya'll the predictions were going to get ugly.  Biggest key is for Buna to keep the ball on the ground (Clark, Craft, Williams and Carr) and win TOP.  Newton is going to have some big plays, thats a given.  Defense has to force Newton to run up the middle, Moss and Blessing stuff the middle pretty well, and Hawthorn and Baxter turn alot of plays inside as well.  Newtons offense is a bit of a step up from AP, EC and Hardin.  No predictions as always from me, but should be interesting game.  Good luck Cougars!     

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but buna is nowhere close to the level Newton is on, If Newton plays Newton football and does not play on Buna's Level this one will be over by the end of the first qrt.

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="709643" timestamp="1258384919"]
Is this game still in Lumberton?
[/quote]

Yes I believe it is.

Class 2A, Division II
Newton Eagles (10-1, 4-1) vs. Buna Cougars (6-4, 4-2), Raider Stadium, Lumberton, 7:30 p.m.
Winner to face winner of West Rusk/Linden-Kildare
Broadcast on setxsports.com

[quote name="mike76" post="709547" timestamp="1258374997"]
i have a question, ok i know newton won their first round playoff game against buffalo and buna lost to anawac(sorry cant spell very good,im a vidorian lol) so how does buna move on to play newton if they lost?
[/quote]

Because the way the playoff bracket was made, District 24-2A does not play football it is only a basketball district, so that is the only reason why Anahuac, EC, and Buna each got a bye in the first round. The Anahuac/Buna game was only to decide who was going to be second or third place in the district, Buna was in the playoffs when they beat Hardin.  Good luck to the Anahuac Panthers!

[quote name="Buccaneer 2010" post="710824" timestamp="1258485154"]
ive been hearing that newton is down 2 running backs and with everyone picking against buna dont be surprised to see a game here..im not saying buna will win, it will just be closer then u think
[/quote]
They were down 2 rb's last week and won 42-6 ,this will not even be close. Newton can play all second string and still win by 30

[quote name="Jcmeek83" post="712488" timestamp="1258677478"]
[quote author=Buccaneer 2010 link=topic=62302.msg710824#msg710824 date=1258485154]
ive been hearing that newton is down 2 running backs and with everyone picking against buna dont be surprised to see a game here..im not saying buna will win, it will just be closer then u think
[/quote]
They were down 2 rb's last week and won 42-6 ,this will not even be close. Newton can play all second string and still win by 30
[/quote]i sure hope we can but i doubt it though. i believe it will be close

[quote name="NOTWENS" post="712494" timestamp="1258677671"]
[quote author=Jcmeek83 link=topic=62302.msg712488#msg712488 date=1258677478]
[quote author=Buccaneer 2010 link=topic=62302.msg710824#msg710824 date=1258485154]
[/quote]
[/quote]i sure hope we can but i doubt it though. i believe it will be close
[/quote]
it might not be that close but it wont be a 30 r 40 point blowout
this is texas high school football any team at anytime can come in and shock the world so ill take a huge chance at embarrassment and say buna will play newton very very tough and maybe just maybe pull some kind of miracle out yes they will shock the world

Never A Bad Word From Me About Buna,( every time that i have watched the Coogs play hard, refuse to quit, and display good sportsmanship, they impress), but I'm Required By Several Newton County Laws and Ordinances to Inform Everyone I Meet About the Eagles, by Extolling the Many Virtues and Qualities of the NEWTON EAGLES. The Talent, The Coaching, The Tradition, The History and The Team. Eagles Roll, Eagles take it by 3 or more scores. Good Health To All The Players.

[quote name="Newtonjb" post="712808" timestamp="1258707388"]
Never A Bad Word From Me About Buna,( every time that i have watched the Coogs play hard, refuse to quit, and display good sportsmanship, they impress), but I'm Required By Several Newton County Laws and Ordinances to Inform Everyone I Meet About the Eagles, by Extolling the Many Virtues and Qualities of the NEWTON EAGLES. The Talent, The Coaching, The Tradition, The History and The Team. Eagles Roll, Eagles take it by 3 or more scores. Good Health To All The Players.
[/quote]good  one

[quote name="NOTWENS" post="712824" timestamp="1258719537"]
[quote author=Newtonjb link=topic=62302.msg712808#msg712808 date=1258707388]
[/quote]good  one
[/quote]

NICE :D Its game day...LETS GO EAGLES...Lets show 'em what 22-2A is all about!!! BEAT THE COUGARS!!! ;D

Guest EagleFan01
[quote name="Buccaneer 2010" post="710824" timestamp="1258485154"]
[/quote]

They were down to backs but both have been cleared to play prolly want but they could

[quote name="jordibug15" post="712945" timestamp="1258730158"]
anything can happen, just like lumberton was said to blow away ozen this year but lost. anything can happen, go out and play hard buna. good luck buna.
[/quote]
This game will be over before it starts

your right but this is not college football its Newton vs Buna and nothing good is going to happen for buna.. Anything can happen in college football not in high school when a powerhouse like Newton faces a team like buna. Newton just has to many athletes and buna has very few. sorry to be mean but this is going to be a total blowout. (I am in a bad mood today sorry)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin