Final regular season Massey rankings, all classifications

Massey is one of the most dependable polls there is.

Their rankings take into account a number things including strength of schedule, offense output, defense etc. It is done by computers.

Not just games won/lost. They are pretty accurate.

Here is what is on the website.

[font=Verdana]About Massey Ratings

Ken Massey’s renowned ratings algorithm was added to the BCS Formula in 1999 to choose opponents for the NCAA Div 1 National Championship game. This same algorithm calculates HighSchoolSports.net’s Massey Ratings every week for select high school varsity teams across the country. [/font]

I agree with this poll.  Strength of schedule is VERY important in high school ball. i know 5A district 22 is NOT an eye-opener!  Pearland, Deer park, and LA PORTE are 3 spots every year, and then the 5 pasadena isd school duke it out for the last spot.  I'M A REALIST. We have it easy.

I does not take into account a teams determination, character, spirit, honor and pride ! I think the rankings are ridiculous myself. How many times have we seen a BCS match up that flat out sucked because of ratings ? We as people and fans know our teams strengths and weaknesses better than a computer. We know which teams would play each other closer than a computer. Just a vent. The BCS crap gets my goat ! and I see it as having no impact on HS football anywhere !

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder