North Shore Fans are crybabies

sfa87

[quote name="panamamyers" post="702095" timestamp="1257734456"]
I don't think I'll show any respect to North Shore, thanks for asking though.

North Shore has 3800 students.  North Shore recruits kids from surrounding schools to play football there.  North Shore is not built the right way.  That's why you have fans bailing out on them at the first sign of losing.  North Shore in and of itself does not have a lot of true fans.  There are just a lot of people that will attach themselves to a team when they are winning.
Where were these NS tried and true faithful back in the 80's when they were going 2-8 every year?
I could count the fans on two hands when I used to go watch them play at Dement Field.

These "fans" came out of the woodwork once Aymond got there and recruited some solid players in to the system.
[/quote]
That question can be asked about a quite of few programs from the Sabine to the Katy/Ft. Bend/Harris Co line.  At the end of the day, there's only a few  programs that have been playoff fixtures since the mid-80's.  WO-S and Newton here, Jack Yates, LM, Katy, and NS.  Well NS is probably the last as far as being consistant year in, year out......

[quote name="panamamyers" post="702095" timestamp="1257734456"]
I don't think I'll show any respect to North Shore, thanks for asking though.

North Shore has 3800 students.  North Shore recruits kids from surrounding schools to play football there.  North Shore is not built the right way.  That's why you have fans bailing out on them at the first sign of losing.  North Shore in and of itself does not have a lot of true fans.  There are just a lot of people that will attach themselves to a team when they are winning.
Where were these NS tried and true faithful back in the 80's when they were going 2-8 every year?
I could count the fans on two hands when I used to go watch them play at Dement Field.

These "fans" came out of the woodwork once Aymond got there and recruited some solid players in to the system.
[/quote]no recruits no perfect record.

they do recruit they r getting kids from channelview ce king everywhere, but aymond has did a great job of building this program, its know tha change of tha guard, west brook will b even better and we will b loaded as well but we dont have tha coachin so that will kill us

Baytown Jr high had a kid about 8 years ago.  He was probably 5'11" 245 in 7th grade.
He was a beast.
His dad was offered a job at North Shore specifically so that his son would go there.
I lost all respect for NS at that point.
The next year the kid was an 8th grader at Cunningham middle school in North Shore.

I'd be willing to bet 15-20% of their players aren't zoned to them.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="702136" timestamp="1257735948"]
Baytown Jr high had a kid about 8 years ago.  He was probably 5'11" 245 in 7th grade.
He was a beast.
His dad was offered a job at North Shore specifically so that his son would go there.
The next year the kid was an 8th grader at Cunningham middle school in North Shore.

[/quote]This is crazy, NS's fans were talking about something like this last week about a kid that goes to the other middle school in ns.

[quote name="The GOAT" post="702147" timestamp="1257736292"]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=62088.msg702136#msg702136 date=1257735948]
He was a beast.

[/quote]This is crazy, NS's fans were talking about something like this last week about a kid that goes to the other middle school in ns.
[/quote]
That make SETX that much better..

[quote name="panamamyers" post="702136" timestamp="1257735948"]
He was a beast.

That kind of stuff has been going on for years and years. Hooks did it WOS also, but the coaching element has to be there to transition that athlete into a football player in that program. You can recruit all the talent you want, but if you can't coach'em up the program will spiral. [/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124