STYFL- Results Today

[quote name="raidermom85" post="701318" timestamp="1257651259"]
[quote author=Grapemist link=topic=62068.msg701224#msg701224 date=1257644542]
Flag Results
WOS 6
Lumberton Red 0

Sorry to tarnish Lumberton Red's perfect record, but WOS does remain UNDEFEATED!  Only Vidor and OF caught us slipping and scored on us.  We had a great season and played some really good teams!!! :) :) :) :) :)
[/quote]

did you have a undefeated season or did you have one game that tied?? that's what the records say, i think your boys did great and looks like most of them have been getting ready to move on to tackle, see y'all next year in peewee. congrads again

True I do not consider a tie a win, but on the other hand I don't consider it a loss, that's why it is called a TIE.  Therefore yes I consider us as undefeated....
[/quote]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="demons95" post="701675" timestamp="1257702468"]
Diddle was released from the hospital and he has a strained neck and contusion.  He is going to be fine. 
[/quote]

:o what happened to the child?  I'm glad he is okay.  Having your child hurt on the field is a parents worst nightmare.

Again, congrats to all players on all teams -- the year was exciting!  If my Lil Mustang decides to play next year - I look forward to doing this all over again.

Now .. onto baseball!

to the wos flag team, great job young men. you played with heart, with respect & with a will to win.
on this day you where the better team & you won . thanks coaches for a well coached game . you
guys coach your little ones alot like i do. you dont take no for an answer. enjoy your superbowl ,you
worked for it & deserved it, prooved it ,thanks again for being classy,good job.
lumberton red flag  :)

Thanks for the compliments Team Raider, sorry about the fans.  I think that they were a little pumped up from a comment made to them at our semi final game @ LCM from one of your coaches.  I am sure it was said in good spirit, just having fun, but a coach told one of our fans to get her cheering out against Bridge City, because they wouldn't have anything to cheer about in the Super Bowl.  That pumped them up, and they came ready to scream to the top of their lungs, but I do understand what you are saying.  I do apologize for them, if you truly feel that it was distasteful.

Quit crying dude!! My goodness they were singing 50 yards before they even got to your team huddle. Why do you assume we have parents that would deliberately pick on your kids? They would have been singing if you guys were on the other end of the field. They were singing that loud at our team party the same evening, and they will be singing just as loud tomorrow at the seasons closing ceremonies. Its always something or someone with a problem. If u had that much respect for us you would have asked us about it in private or called us to get the 411 on the situation. Instead u go and post it on the board trying to get WOS whipped me and I can't take it fan club started! I really thought u were a little better than that buddy. My bad for making that assumption.

[quote name="teamraider" post="701777" timestamp="1257712028"]
[quote author=WOS 98 link=topic=62068.msg701228#msg701228 date=1257644988]
Guess who's back! I said i was through talk trash until after the Super Bowl. First i would like to say Lumberton Jr. White is a great football team. Today wasn't there day today Wos Jr. White was to much for them. TEAMRAIDER U WANNA SCRIMMAGE TOMORROW? ??? PM ME IF U WANNA MAKE THAT HAPPEN. ;D HIPPY YOU BETTER BE GALD U DIDN'T TAKE THAT BET I OFFER U. :D. LR33 the SUPER BOWL Party is @ BWW in PA TOMORROW. ;D Great Job Guys over there in LUMBERTON KEEP DOING WHAT YALL OR DOING.

WOS JR WHITE 38

LUM JR. WHITE 0

TEAMRAIDER I GUESS U COULDN"T STOP THE WILLLLLLLLD MUSTAAAANNNNNGGGGGGSSSSSS TODAY. LIKE LR33 SAID WE WHERE PREDICTABLE GUESS WHAT U STILL COULDN'T STOP US :D  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
[/quote]

Nope... Tried to set up a scrimmage all year but I've already hung up the whistle till next season. Ya'll played a good physical game yesterday so enjoy your victory. There has been a lot of smack between the coaches this year and it's been good to spend a little time and get to know ya'll. It's all been in fun and I'll eat all the crow I gotta eat over our loss yesterday.

For as long as I've been a coach I've tried to teach my boys to win with as much class as they lose with regardless of the score. Your players and coaches were great yesterday with the end of game lineup "good game" handshakes and hugs all around and we appreciate it. But, during our end of game huddle while WOS fans walked by we had to stop talking and get our parents to start cheering as loud as they could to dround out their chants. The chants were clearly directed at our players and the more our parents tried to dround them out the louder the chants got.

My problem isn't about the score because the final score is what it is. Both of these teams have taken heat this year for high scores or being to physical and what not. My problem also isn't about the coaches or players because ya'll cant control what your fans do... But your adult parents got a lot to learn about sportsmanship around kids.
[/quote]
Now u wanna turn me down on a scrimmage for tomorrow... i wonder why, I'm just trying to give u a chance to redeem yourself on trying to stop the WILLLLLLLLD MUSTANNNGGGGG. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :'( :'( :'( :'( I hung my whistle up also, but i can pull it out for u and u only.... :-X :-X :-X :-X

[quote name="piratefan" post="702014" timestamp="1257730802"]
98 let them make it..take it easy on them.. we have to get ready for baseball!!!
We have alot of "downtime by the pool " coming up ,if you know what I mean...
     38-0 wow!!!!

[/quote]
Piratefan, they gave me a hard time this year. If you go back to some of my past posts. I always said IF U TALK THE TALK U BETTER BE ABLE TO WALK THE WALK. Onething about me is i know i talk the talk and i also walk the walk. See u by the pool buddy matter of fact see you Tuesday at Spark Training.

[quote name="WOS 98" post="702028" timestamp="1257731288"]
[quote author=piratefan link=topic=62068.msg702014#msg702014 date=1257730802]
98 let them make it..take it easy on them.. we have to get ready for baseball!!!
     38-0 wow!!!!

[/quote]
Piratefan, they gave me a hard time this year. If you go back to some of my past posts. I always said IF U TALK THE TALK U BETTER BE ABLE TO WALK THE WALK. Onething about me is i know i talk the talk and i also walk the walk. See u by the pool buddy matter of fact see you Tuesday at Spark Training.
[/quote]Thats the difference..they take a whole season off.. where was you today around 2pm?? not celebrating...?
  Tuesday night we are back to work again..I dont know if I am more excited about baseball, or the "pool time"?? ;)

[quote name="piratefan" post="702047" timestamp="1257731896"]
[quote author=WOS 98 link=topic=62068.msg702028#msg702028 date=1257731288]
[quote author=piratefan link=topic=62068.msg702014#msg702014 date=1257730802]
     38-0 wow!!!!

[/quote]
[/quote]Thats the difference..they take a whole season off.. where was you today around 2pm?? not celebrating...?
   Tuesday night we are back to work again..I dont know if I am more excited about baseball, or the "pool time"?? ;)
[/quote]
I went to The High School Softball Field to go mess with Raider44 then i came back to practice. I didn't see u i ask P where u was at and he told me u was at work.
Raider44 wanna be a MUSTANG NOW ; :D :D :D :D :D

Teamraider, I feel that you have made an inaccurrate perception of our fans.  They would never intentionally disrespect anyone's child.  That was mostly the grandparents of our kids (Christian women), who were leading the cheers.  If you have seen our pregame ritual, these are the same women who lead us in prayer every saturday, and they have never failed to mention the health, safety, and well being of our opponents players in their prayers.  They have love for all of the kids, and all of the coaches who take time out with the kids.  I assure you they were just trying to let our players know how proud of them they were, and how they were happy about what they had accomplished, considering all of the drama that we have been through this year.  My apology was ginuwine, and these are some wonderful parents, I just don't won't them being portrayed in a negative manner on here, because that is not what they represent.  I wished you would have voiced your displeasure when it occurred, and I would have allowed you to speak with one of the ladies, and have your own personal experience with them, and I am sure that you would have left impressed.  Please don't go out like this.  The season is over, it was fun, and competitive.  See ya next year, Maybe......

I was very impressed with #99. He is a BEAST. #44 is a tough little runner as well.  I am a realest, I know that ya'll were short-handed with the injury to #25.  We have watched him this year.  He is a stud.  Too bad he couldn't be at full strength.  They are a tough group.  Ya'll had a great year.  Hold your head high.......

[quote name="BigD 95" post="701815" timestamp="1257716473"]
Thanks for the compliments Team Raider, sorry about the fans.  I think that they were a little pumped up from a comment made to them at our semi final game @ LCM from one of your coaches.  I am sure it was said in good spirit, just having fun, but a coach told one of our fans to get her cheering out against Bridge City, because they wouldn't have anything to cheer about in the Super Bowl.  That pumped them up, and they came ready to scream to the top of their lungs, but I do understand what you are saying.  I do apologize for them, if you truly feel that it was distasteful.
[/quote]What happened to the original post that this is in reference to?

[quote name="BigD 95" post="702077" timestamp="1257733335"]
Teamraider, I feel that you have made an inaccurrate perception of our fans.  They would never intentionally disrespect anyone's child.  That was mostly the grandparents of our kids (Christian women), who were leading the cheers.  If you have seen our pregame ritual, these are the same women who lead us in prayer every saturday, and they have never failed to mention the health, safety, and well being of our opponents players in their prayers.  They have love for all of the kids, and all of the coaches who take time out with the kids.  I assure you they were just trying to let our players know how proud of them they were, and how they were happy about what they had accomplished, considering all of the drama that we have been through this year.  My apology was ginuwine, and these are some wonderful parents, I just don't won't them being portrayed in a negative manner on here, because that is not what they represent.  I wished you would have voiced your displeasure when it occurred, and I would have allowed you to speak with one of the ladies, and have your own personal experience with them, and I am sure that you would have left impressed.  Please don't go out like this.  The season is over, it was fun, and competitive.  See ya next year, Maybe......
[/quote]

It wouldn't have been good if I had voiced anything right then, I didn't even post anything here until today. All I know is what I saw, but it don't matter the season is over. I pulled my post off... Congratulations again and we'll see you next year.

[quote name="teamraider" post="702099" timestamp="1257734687"]
[quote author=BigD 95 link=topic=62068.msg702077#msg702077 date=1257733335]
[/quote]Well I am not associated with either organization, but the reason I asked is because I along with many other people were there at the end of that game and did think it was very disrespectful for them to be singing and gloating by a bunch of kids who were obviously upset and thought the celebration could have been handled in a little different manner to not rub it in so much, but to each it's own i guess. I'm sure I will be hammered now because I said something negative about WOS so fire away. 

It wouldn't have been good if I had voiced anything right then, I didn't even post anything here until today. All I know is what I saw, but it don't matter the season is over. I pulled my post off... Congratulations again and we'll see you next year.
[/quote]

[quote name="bingo88" post="702094" timestamp="1257734399"]
[quote author=BigD 95 link=topic=62068.msg701815#msg701815 date=1257716473]
[/quote]What happened to the original post that this is in reference to?
[/quote]

I agree.Start a new post whine, complain and defend. It sounds like there were some good games played Saturday.

[quote name="BigD 95" post="702077" timestamp="1257733335"]
[/quote]Well I am not associated with either organization, but the reason I asked is because I along with many other people were there at the end of that game and did think it was very disrespectful for them to be singing and gloating by a bunch of kids who were obviously upset and thought the celebration could have been handled in a little different manner to not rub it in so much, but to each it's own i guess. I'm sure I will be hammered now because I said something negative about WOS so fire away

Well unfortunately, there was only one gate open for us to exit.  I am sorry that we didn't give them a moment of silence in their sad moment as we passed, but we were still celebrating our joyous moment.  I guess we were being inconciderate of someone's little feelings..... GIVE ME A BREAK.  Last time I checked, there was not a grace period on how long after a game a team can celebrate, especially a Super Bowl win.  If you are not associated with either organization, then I think I speak for both us and Lumberton when I say, "SHUT UP".  I am sure Lumberton White does not won't to be wrongly associated with whatever whinny organization that you do represent.  Let me guess, We Beat Your Team by 60, huh.  I know, that was unethical to do that to little kids.  I really wish some of these losing coaches would take responsibilty for their teams losing by 50-60 points, instead of complaining and whinning.  I wish just one coach would step up and say, "Hey I did a lousy job of preparing my team, and I got them embarrassed."  Set a better example for your little ones.  They are boys today, but will be men tomorrow.  Today is Sunday, and I'm still celebrating.  Heck it may go on for another week, since my Cowboys just beat the Eagles.  If I see any Eagles fans though, I will take the smile off of my face, and respect their sadness.......WOS JUNIOR WHITE STJFL SUPER BOWL CHAMPS.  Hope your team has better success next year, we are moving on.  Too much whinning in this league.  Ya'll can have it......

[quote name="piratefan" post="702067" timestamp="1257732793"]
I will be there full time in a few weeks.."P" is half a mustang already..so they cant really say anything..
  Half pirate and the other half mustang!!! raider 44 is kinda stuck being a raider..as much as he regrets it now!! lol
[/quote]
Pround to be a Raider! WOS played a very good physical game. Bottom line! The most aggressive team won and won in demanding fashion. My teams have always made it to the playoffs and to two consecutive JR Division Super Bowls. Everytime I couldn't be more happier or proud of our boys. There are things mentally we need to work on for these types of games. And believe me when I say, "we will be back and stronger than ever!" Congratulations to all the Super Bowl Champions and Pro Bowl Winners. It was a great season!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin