*OF vs. BC/BC wins in OT - 31-30/Comments

[quote name="bobcat4life" post="692582" timestamp="1257017153"]
I will also say this about Corey, he suffered a concussion last week that affected 9 out of 13 sections of his brain.  Now lots of kids would have been on the sidelines, and if they did play they would tend to be tentative.  Corey went out there and gave it his all, competing just like he hadn't suffered an injury at all.  My hats are off to a young man that obviously has a lot of heart.
[/quote]

From a medical stand point that is not safe at all. Your brain is bruised when you suffer a concussion and if he were to have another one it could be very serious. He probably shouldn't of played. I'm not really sure what you are talking about when you say 9 out of 13 sections though (I don't think the brain has that many sections)? Just because someone sits on the sidelines from a concussion the folowing week doesn't make them a wuss though.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="692608" timestamp="1257018560"]
[quote author=bobcat4life link=topic=61586.msg692582#msg692582 date=1257017153]
I will also say this about Corey, [b]he suffered a concussion last week that affected 9 out of 13 sections of his brain[/b].  Now lots of kids would have been on the sidelines, and if they did play they would tend to be tentative.  Corey went out there and gave it his all, competing just like he hadn't suffered an injury at all.  My hats are off to a young man that obviously has a lot of heart.
[/quote]

I'll say this, if he had that severe a concussion, why in the heck did he play last night?

That's really pushing the envelope there, IMO.
[/quote]
Very risky move to play [b]IF[/b] the concussion was this bad.

I saw the highlights on HSkewl extra and wow what a game and I am so proud of both teams. Coach from OF did a great job and I always love watching the kids from OF play ball. They give it all they have and no team has a bigger heart. Luck to the Cards.

To ETBU:  That was nice what you said about Orangefield--they have always been troopers with good sportsmanship.  I think I will give you an Applause  LOL

BC plays Huffman in Volleyball(Bi-District) at Barbers Hill Gym Tuesday at 7 or 8 PM.  Hope to see you there.

[quote name="East TX" post="693047" timestamp="1257043526"]
To ETBU:  That was nice what you said about Orangefield--they have always been troopers with good sportsmanship.  I think I will give you an Applause   LOL

BC plays Huffman in Volleyball(Bi-District) at Barbers Hill Gym Tuesday at 7 or 8 PM.  Hope to see you there.
[/quote]

Don't do the Huffman scene much anymore but good luck to your team.

Everyone keeps sayin menard is a beast and he is but i was just as impressed with the qb's running. I didnt get to go to the game but i watched it on tv later that night and i may be mistaken but the kid looked liked he could run to me. would love to know how many yards he got. just my opinion, Im not trying to take anything away from menard.

That was a great game by both teams.BC could have folded after OF went up by 23 in the third.But I got to say,OF going for it on fourth down around the 50 was not smart.If it wasn't fourth and 1 or 2 or even 3,I might consider it but no way 4 to 6 to go.The Cards just got through plowing through OF for two scores.Kick the ball!!OF didn't need to score to win,just give BC a long field to work with.There wasn't much time left when BC scored so a longer field might have made a difference.Just my thoughts.

[quote name="GUNHO" post="694693" timestamp="1257189679"]
That was a great game by both teams.BC could have folded after OF went up by 23 in the third.But I got to say,OF going for it on fourth down around the 50 was not smart.If it wasn't fourth and 1 or 2 or even 3,I might consider it but no way 4 to 6 to go.The Cards just got through plowing through OF for two scores.Kick the ball!!OF didn't need to score to win,just give BC a long field to work with.There wasn't much time left when BC scored so a longer field might have made a difference.Just my thoughts.
[/quote]
I think what Coach Huck was thinking was that at the time OF was up by 8 with around 4 minutes to go in the game.  He knew that if OF wanted to have any chance at the playoffs we had to win by 9 or more.  If he punts in that situation, then there was no guarantee that OF would get the ball back and if OF's defense were to force a 3 and out by BC, then OF would get the ball back with very little time left on the clock and OF is not a quick strike offense.  He almost had to go for it in that situation with 4 minutes left in the game if he wanted any chance to get into the playoffs.  If all OF had to do was win the game, then there is no doubt he would have punted in that situation.

[quote name="Cat22" post="694730" timestamp="1257191171"]
[quote author=GUNHO link=topic=61586.msg694693#msg694693 date=1257189679]
[/quote]
I think what Coach Huck was thinking was that at the time OF was up by 8 with around 4 minutes to go in the game.  He knew that if OF wanted to have any chance at the playoffs we had to win by 9 or more.  If he punts in that situation, then there was no guarantee that OF would get the ball back and if OF's defense were to force a 3 and out by BC, then OF would get the ball back with very little time left on the clock and OF is not a quick strike offense.  He almost had to go for in that situation with 4 minutes left in the game if he wanted any chance to get into the playoffs.  If all OF had to do was win the game, then there is no doubt he would have punted in that situation.
[/quote]

I didn't know OF had to win by a certain amout of points.That certainly puts it in a different light.I stand corrected.That was the right call.

[quote name="GUNHO" post="694792" timestamp="1257193501"]
[quote author=Cat22 link=topic=61586.msg694730#msg694730 date=1257191171]
[/quote]
I think what Coach Huck was thinking was that at the time OF was up by 8 with around 4 minutes to go in the game.  He knew that if OF wanted to have any chance at the playoffs we had to win by 9 or more.  If he punts in that situation, then there was no guarantee that OF would get the ball back and if OF's defense were to force a 3 and out by BC, then OF would get the ball back with very little time left on the clock and OF is not a quick strike offense.  He almost had to go for in that situation with 4 minutes left in the game if he wanted any chance to get into the playoffs.  If all OF had to do was win the game, then there is no doubt he would have punted in that situation.
[/quote]

I didn't know OF had to win by a certain amout of points.That certainly puts it in a different light.I stand corrected.That was the right call.
[/quote]
You should have heard me trying to explain that to people around me at the game.  Most still did not have a clue what I was talking about!!

[quote name="Cat22" post="694902" timestamp="1257196731"]
[quote author=GUNHO link=topic=61586.msg694792#msg694792 date=1257193501]
[quote author=Cat22 link=topic=61586.msg694730#msg694730 date=1257191171]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
You should have heard me trying to explain that to people around me at the game.  Most still did not have a clue what I was talking about!!
[/quote]

Plus if OF gets even just one of those fourth down conversions, you have to think the Cats win the game.

I have to agree that 4th and 6 was a little much on that wet field.

OF had the chance to pin the Cards back inside their own 5 yard line with only 4 mins left in the game. This would have forced BC to throw the ball and then you're talking possible safety and/or incomplete passes to stop the clock. They could possibly have gotten it back??

That one is debatable, but.....what I don't understand is why you successfully go for 2 on your first two conversion attempts and make it easily but on the third TD, you kick the PAT. Maybe he thought the game was over because I have to admit, I didn't like Big Red's chances at that point.

This too could go either way but.....what I really can't understand is not running a QB sneak with the ball at the 3 inch line. I think if they sneak it, they score and win the game.

Then again, that's why he coaches vocationally and I'm a wanna be. LOL!

Congrats to "The Pride" on a great season and congrats to Big Red on an incredible effort!

[quote name="redbirdsrock" post="695023" timestamp="1257203344"]
I have to agree that 4th and 6 was a little much on that wet field.

OF had the chance to pin the Cards back inside their own 5 yard line with only 4 mins left in the game. This would have forced BC to throw the ball and then you're talking possible safety and/or incomplete passes to stop the clock. They could possibly have gotten it back??

That one is debatable, but.....what I don't understand is why you successfully go for 2 on your first two conversion attempts and make it easily but on the third TD, you kick the PAT. Maybe he thought the game was over because I have to admit, I didn't like Big Red's chances at that point.

This too could go either way but.....what I really can't understand is not running a QB sneak with the ball at the 3 inch line. I think if they sneak it, they score and win the game.

Then again, that's why he coaches vocationally and I'm a wanna be. LOL!

Congrats to "The Pride" on a great season and congrats to Big Red on an incredible effort!

[/quote]

Force BC to throw the ball?
why throw the ball when you have Menard running down peoples throats left and right? he was getting like 8 yards a pop in the 4th quarter, often more than that!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317