Warren gets number one seed in district 23-2A

aTmfan06

Hardin wanted to flip for it, but Warren wanted to play Tie breaker. So Hardin said they forfeit and will take the second spot.  If any team wants to play a warm up game with anyone then UIL rule states that any warm up game must be played on a non school night and must be played before Playoffs begin next week even if you have a bye. UIL has been contacted and if a coach breaks the rule they could possibly have to forfeit there playoff game.

[quote name="highsky" post="688838" timestamp="1256762220"]
utfan,
Regarding your comments about Hardin, you don't know what you are talking about.  Before you start spreading lies, you need to talk to the Hardin coach before you post stuff like this.
[/quote] The Hardin coaches need to make up their mind..... ::)

[quote name="hvball2011" post="689791" timestamp="1256853708"]
Honestly Hardin doesn't care which place they recieve and they don't mind playing...they never said they were going to "forfeit" so whoever came up with that obvisiouly was ill-informed.

But why would you want to risk an injury a week before playoffs when you could just flip?
[/quote]

Are you serious??? So you are calling the Warren coaches liars. They told the students that Hardin had forfeited. Then that Hardin HAD to play Warren. The Hardin (coach, players???) said that they would just stand there and not play. Very courageous of Hardin.

Utfan,

Hardin didn't say they wanted to flip for it. It was a decision that both coaches made so where ever you're getting your info from, they are truly wrong. Neither team wants to forfeit and neither team is scared to play. They will be playing today and whatever the outcome comes to be... that will be that.

My true opinion is that if hardin plays like they did against them friday night it will be no stopping them. But, let the best team win. Goodluck to both teams!!!

[quote name="jrhc0120" post="690366" timestamp="1256914477"]

Acutually, the first phone call that Warren received involved asking for a flip.  The Warren coach declined the flip and said "we want to play".  There was then a 2'nd phone call in which information was given about a Hardin player being injured and due to this, they declined to play and chose to take 2'nd seed.  The following day a 3'rd phone call was received asking that Warren go ahead and agree to play.....which is what Warren wanted in the first place.

Apparently information was relayed incorrectly to Hardin fans, parents, etc., and other area coaches. These are 2 very strong teams who have the ability to make it in the playoffs, but you should really talk to the Hardin coaches and see if your information is correct before you post on here, because you are hearing something totally different than what is true!

I know that all Warren wants to do is PLAY and WIN!!!!!  Good luck tonight Lady Warriors!!! ;)
[/quote]

I agree. I think the Hardin fans/parents/maybe even the girls themselves were misinformed by the coaches. From what I understand, Hardin had decided to forfeit supposedly due to a girl being injured, but they were also trying to schedule a warm-up game?? That doesn't make sense.  If they were going to play a warm-up then why not just play Warren? BECAUSE they don't want to be first seed maybe?? I hope Hardin is ready because Warren is known for taking revenge on opponents. I would like to know what is being said between those girls right now. I know the Lady Warriors will play their best tonight, and they will be playing for first seed in playoffs! I think Warren wants a rematch against Centerville. The ain't scared!
GO GET 'EM LADY WARRIORS!  ;D

[quote name="vbfan1999" post="690537" timestamp="1256923037"]
[quote author=jrhc0120 link=topic=61463.msg690366#msg690366 date=1256914477]

Acutually, the first phone call that Warren received involved asking for a flip.  The Warren coach declined the flip and said "we want to play".  There was then a 2'nd phone call in which information was given about a Hardin player being injured and due to this, they declined to play and chose to take 2'nd seed.  The following day a 3'rd phone call was received asking that Warren go ahead and agree to play.....which is what Warren wanted in the first place.

Apparently information was relayed incorrectly to Hardin fans, parents, etc., and other area coaches. These are 2 very strong teams who have the ability to make it in the playoffs, but you should really talk to the Hardin coaches and see if your information is correct before you post on here, because you are hearing something totally different than what is true!

I know that all Warren wants to do is PLAY and WIN!!!!!  Good luck tonight Lady Warriors!!! ;)
[/quote]

I agree. I think the Hardin fans/parents/maybe even the girls themselves were misinformed by the coaches. From what I understand, Hardin had decided to forfeit supposedly due to a girl being injured, but they were also trying to schedule a warm-up game?? That doesn't make sense.  If they were going to play a warm-up then why not just play Warren? BECAUSE they don't want to be first seed maybe?? I hope Hardin is ready because Warren is known for taking revenge on opponents. I would like to know what is being said between those girls right now. I know the Lady Warriors will play their best tonight, and they will be playing for first seed in playoffs! I think Warren wants a rematch against Centerville. The ain't scared!
GO GET 'EM LADY WARRIORS!  ;D
[/quote]

My point was just that! Hardin Was just gonna take the second seed because its a easier route in the bracket.

This whole thread is just sad and, on another level, disturbing because utfan06 says in his posts basically the Hardin coaches are liars and this is coming from a self acknowledged volleyball official. He must have an agenda against Hardin. Teams out there better beware because if this official doesn't like you.... :(

[quote name="jrhc0120" post="690366" timestamp="1256914477"]

Acutually, the first phone call that Warren received involved asking for a flip.  The Warren coach declined the flip and said "we want to play".  There was then a 2'nd phone call in which information was given about a Hardin player being injured and due to this, they declined to play and chose to take 2'nd seed.  The following day a 3'rd phone call was received asking that Warren go ahead and agree to play.....which is what Warren wanted in the first place.

[/quote]

Don't have a dog in the hunt. but this is the way it went down.  These are two very good teams and I hope they meet in the playoffs.

Get off it already

Warren beat Hardin in a game that didn't really matter Friday. Hardin beat them in a game that ruined their perfect season and made both team Co-District Champs (which was definitely a big upset)

Quit worrying about what was said among the coaches. NO ONE wanted to forfeit.

1 loss and 2 wins against a team doesnt make them co- anything. warren beat hardin twice and lost one. warren is the champion of the district. when hardin called the first time,they wanted a coin toss. the second time they called they said they had a player injured and  they didnt want to play. what would you call it?

[quote name="mayorofred" post="694047" timestamp="1257129141"]
1 loss and 2 wins against a team doesnt make them co- anything. warren beat hardin twice and lost one. warren is the champion of the district. when hardin called the first time,they wanted a coin toss. the second time they called they said they had a player injured and  they didnt want to play. what would you call it?

[/quote]
Sorry but Hardin and Warren are officially District Co-Champions.  The 3rd game was for seeding.  Don't be a hater, be a congratulator.  I think it is just sour grapes on Warren's part because they really wanted an outright district championship.  Nothing wrong with wanting it outright and wanting to have a perfect season in district, but don't down Hardin (and their coaches) because they beat Warren in what was a good match and ruined that particular goal.  Let's just move on folks...this happened 3-4 days ago...it's over and done.  Playoffs are here so let's talk playoffs.

[quote name="highsky" post="694108" timestamp="1257133079"]
[quote author=mayorofred link=topic=61463.msg694047#msg694047 date=1257129141]

[/quote]
Sorry but Hardin and Warren are officially District Co-Champions.  The 3rd game was for seeding.  Don't be a hater, be a congratulator.  I think it is just sour grapes on Warren's part because they really wanted an outright district championship.  Nothing wrong with wanting it outright and wanting to have a perfect season in district, but don't down Hardin (and their coaches) because they beat Warren in what was a good match and ruined that particular goal.  Let's just move on folks...this happened 3-4 days ago...it's over and done.  Playoffs are here so let's talk playoffs.
[/quote]

ok lets talk playoffs lol

[quote name="highsky" post="694108" timestamp="1257133079"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Yes the third game was for seeding. The one Hardin wanted to forfeit because they wanted the easier bracket. Oh, but that never happened...lmao

Good grief! Everyone chill out! Warren will happily take co-district. Yes, they might have wanted an outright district title, but they aren't going to make up lies to get it! Hardin wanted the EASIER bracket, and they got it. They made fools of themselves Friday night on the court. I have never seen such unsportsman like conduct in my life in this area. Hope everyone from Hardin is really proud of their girls for that one. Especially since everyone is almost certain that Hardin didn't want to play that game in the first place. Warren kicked some ACE though. Awesome defense and AMAZING offense! The best team won.
We're proud of you Lady Warriors! Keep on fightin!

[quote name="FBfan" post="694212" timestamp="1257148670"]
[quote author=highsky link=topic=61463.msg694108#msg694108 date=1257133079]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Yes the third game was for seeding. The one Hardin wanted to forfeit because they wanted the easier bracket. Oh, but that never happened...lmao
[/quote]

umm yes it did hardin plays woodville but they better bring their game because woodville doesnt mess around when they want something they will get it and their coach knows what she is doing i fully support woodville they are an awsome team and wish them the best of luck in the playoff along with the lady cougars...Hardin Watch out!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder