How Come Hamshire Fannett Gets No Respect

[quote name="stevenash" post="702171" timestamp="1257737223"]
[quote author=Abe Lincoln link=topic=61413.msg701782#msg701782 date=1257713188]
the fact is that football is king in the eyes of our beloved AD.  if you are in football athletics, you work out all year around because football is the only thing that matters at hf.  if you are in basketball or baseball the only time you see the court/field is after school or on your own time. 
[/quote]

It wouldn't appear that the dedication to football is bearing fruit for any sport, most notably of which, is football.
[/quote] As parents, we all think our kids are good in their respective sports. I honestly think I've seen talented teams win games with poor coaches, but seldom  talentless teams win with poor coaching.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevenash
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="702178" timestamp="1257737465"]
[quote author=Abe Lincoln link=topic=61413.msg701782#msg701782 date=1257713188]
the fact is that football is king in the eyes of our beloved AD.  if you are in football athletics, you work out all year around because football is the only thing that matters at hf.  if you are in basketball or baseball the only time you see the court/field is after school or on your own time. 
[/quote]Why are my sons telling me they have to have their football cleats at school after the football season is over? Football is over!!! It's basketball season gents.If anything, basketball should take a priority because of the skill level it takes to play the game.
[/quote]

Ain't Universal Off Season grand?

Guest stevenash
[quote name="HuggyBear10" post="702531" timestamp="1257787036"]
This Steve Nash guy is highly obnoxious!
[/quote]

Huggy, only FOOTBALL guys are offended by my comments.  Better head to the football board.  Unfortunately for you, the TRUTH hurts.

Guest stevenash
[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="702678" timestamp="1257797478"]
[quote author=Zoneblock link=topic=61413.msg702658#msg702658 date=1257796252]
what truth?
[/quote]

YEAH! You can't handle the truth, Steve Nash!
[/quote]

And what "untruth" am I telling?  Does it have anything to do with Universal Off Season?

Guest stevenash
[quote name="no-look" post="702894" timestamp="1257809394"]
Mr. Nash speaks the truth... ;)
[/quote]

Wait a minute- two of my biggest nemisises agreeing with me.  Whats up?

[quote name="stevenash" post="702924" timestamp="1257812316"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=61413.msg702894#msg702894 date=1257809394]
Mr. Nash speaks the truth... ;)
[/quote]

Wait a minute- two of my biggest nemisises agreeing with me.  Whats up?
[/quote]I'm sorry, guess I just lost it there.......I got to feeling all fuzzy inside... ;D

Guest stevenash
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="703098" timestamp="1257822509"]
It definitely pains me to agree but I'm man enough to let you know .......okay this is enough pain :'(
[/quote]

Ok, I am going to let both of you off the hook and provide you with new fodder.  "Anybody who does not appreciate the benefits of year round football training and what it does for other sports, is an idiot". " Schools would be much  better off and experience more success in general  if even the faculty participated in Universal Off Season".

[quote name="stevenash" post="703254" timestamp="1257850202"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=61413.msg703098#msg703098 date=1257822509]
It definitely pains me to agree but I'm man enough to let you know .......okay this is enough pain :'(
[/quote]

Ok, I am going to let both of you off the hook and provide you with new fodder.  "Anybody who does not appreciate the benefits of year round football training and what it does for other sports, is an idiot". " Schools would be much  better off and experience more success in general  if even the faculty participated in Universal Off Season".
[/quote]Nah, I'm on to you Stevie. I know your true stance and what right and wrong about this problem.

[quote name="Abe Lincoln" post="703510" timestamp="1257876856"]
so what you are saying is that our football players should stay in football year round? 
[/quote]Actually let the footballers do their thing (weights, etc) and keep the basketball players working in the gym working on skill sets.

Guest stevenash
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="703566" timestamp="1257880609"]
[quote author=Abe Lincoln link=topic=61413.msg703510#msg703510 date=1257876856]
so what you are saying is that our football players should stay in football year round? 
[/quote]Actually let the footballers do their thing (weights, etc) and keep the basketball players working in the gym working on skill sets.
[/quote]

That is what the successful basketball programs do

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="703779" timestamp="1257901196"]
[quote author=Abe Lincoln link=topic=61413.msg703510#msg703510 date=1257876856]
[/quote]

[img]http://rhapsodyinbooks.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/abraham-lincoln-picture.jpg[/img]

Well yeah, why wouldn't football players stay in football year round?
[/quote]And track

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="704228" timestamp="1257959682"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=61413.msg703935#msg703935 date=1257912400]
There comes a time when the winter asks what you were doing all summer. ??? ??? ???
[/quote]

???
[/quote]Winter is the time to play the game.  Summer is when you work on your game to compete in the winter.

Man I am so confused. Everyone on here has been saying the problem with HF basketball is "universal offseason," basketball kids that only practice basketball after school during the season but a poster/athlete said earlier that over the last two years basketball and baseball players have been able to practice THEIR sport together yearround, NOT WITH FOOTBALL PLAYERS. They can work on their skills for the first time all year if this is all they play. And not just after school? But yet some on here are still arguing that the reason the other programs are not successful is because basketball and baseball players only work out after school during the season and lift weights and condition with football players. Which is it? I do know Nederland athletes that play football and baseball or basketball, lift weights and offseason yearround, but not straight baseball players so why are they successful at both sports? Is the same thing not happening at HF? Please clarify.

[quote name="fisherking" post="704748" timestamp="1258001504"]
Man I am so confused. Everyone on here has been saying the problem with HF basketball is "universal offseason," basketball kids that only practice basketball after school during the season but a poster/athlete said earlier that over the last two years basketball and baseball players have been able to practice THEIR sport together yearround, NOT WITH FOOTBALL PLAYERS. They can work on their skills for the first time all year if this is all they play. And not just after school? But yet some on here are still arguing that the reason the other programs are not successful is because basketball and baseball players only work out after school during the season and lift weights and condition with football players. Which is it? I do know Nederland athletes that play football and baseball or basketball, lift weights and offseason yearround, but not straight baseball players so why are they successful at both sports? Is the same thing not happening at HF? Please clarify.
[/quote]Personally, I was speaking about the middle school level it's weight program for the student -athlete. I don't agree with taking  basketball players and putting them in a weight lifting program geared towards football. Now in high school, they're older but there still needs to be omeone there who knows how to condition basketball players for the sport.

[quote name="Zoneblock" post="705215" timestamp="1258060657"]
So its ok to work other sports year round but not football?
hello pot meet kettle
[/quote]Track has always been a traditional off-season workout for football players. This is my point, basketball is highly skilled competitive sport and players need that off season to work on conditioning for basketball (i.e. 500-1,000 shots a day, slide drills on side of a hill, etc, etc).

[quote name="CATMAN" post="705243" timestamp="1258062567"]
You have got to win @ some sport to get some respect.
[/quote]hahahaha! Dang Catman, why you wanna come up in here when I'm trying to teach on being positive? When you've been losing for so long it's hard for some people to BELIEVE that it can really happen. :D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="705249" timestamp="1258062757"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=61413.msg705243#msg705243 date=1258062567]
You have got to win @ some sport to get some respect.
[/quote]hahahaha! Dang Catman, why you wanna come up in here when I'm trying to teach on being positive? When you've been losing for so long it's hard for some people to BELIEVE that it can really happen. :D
[/quote] Losing @ what for so long BLUE. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder