How Come Hamshire Fannett Gets No Respect

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="688798" timestamp="1256758614"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=61413.msg688755#msg688755 date=1256756009]
6'5!!!
[/quote]Are you serious? That kid jumped up like that. He was probably 5'7" last fall.
[/quote]

10 inches in 1 year?? C'mon! If that's true, he has to be the most clumsy kid in school. No way he has acclimated to that big a growth spurt.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Veronica Corningstone
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="688742" timestamp="1256754930"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=61413.msg688640#msg688640 date=1256748580]
Maybe they should get the volleyball coach to coach the boys basketball team
:D :D :D
[/quote] >:(  hmmm, lets see....2010 +2011+2012+2013

You won't be laughing in 2012. Thats when the core will all be in hs together..........

hey, on a serious note, how tall is that Bosha kid now? Looks like he has grown some.
[/quote]Who is Bosha?

[quote name="Jackie Moon." post="689486" timestamp="1256836669"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=61413.msg688742#msg688742 date=1256754930]

You won't be laughing in 2012. Thats when the core will all be in hs together..........

hey, on a serious note, how tall is that Bosha kid now? Looks like he has grown some.
[/quote]Who is Bosha?
[/quote]8th grader at HJ.

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="691781" timestamp="1256960078"]

[/quote]

I'm so tired of hearing about how some 3rd graders are going to be the best team since the '95 Chicago Bulls. Ever since I was a young tot all[b] I heard about was how HF's c/o 2009 was going to be great in every sport and dominate everything. Do you remember that team? No you don't because they didn't do anything.[/b] They all ended up giving up because they are undedicated and this community no longer supports sports and have a coaching staff that is less dedicated than the players. So all I advise is that everyone shut up and just play! Prove it on the court
[/quote]

Just throwing it out there, but the baseball team was probably one of the best that has ever been through Hamshire.  Those kids worked on their game all off-season, which is not present in basketball.  That's the reason why the basketball team never amounts to anything.

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="691851" timestamp="1256961667"]
[quote author=numberseven link=topic=61413.msg691829#msg691829 date=1256961192]
[quote author=Ron Burgundy link=topic=61413.msg691781#msg691781 date=1256960078]

[/quote]

I'm so tired of hearing about how some 3rd graders are going to be the best team since the '95 Chicago Bulls. Ever since I was a young tot all[b] I heard about was how HF's c/o 2009 was going to be great in every sport and dominate everything. Do you remember that team? No you don't because they didn't do anything.[/b] They all ended up giving up because they are undedicated and this community no longer supports sports and have a coaching staff that is less dedicated than the players. So all I advise is that everyone shut up and just play! Prove it on the court
[/quote]

Just throwing it out there, but the baseball team was probably one of the best that has ever been through Hamshire.  Those kids worked on their game all off-season, which is not present in basketball.  That's the reason why the basketball team never amounts to anything.
[/quote]

The baseball team was good last year, and they did work hard. Look at football and basketball, because that's what I was referring to. Everyone said they would walk everyone throughout high school, the athletes started believing it, and didn't work to be good.
[/quote]

Very true, as an alumni it really sickens me to see the athletics program suffer like this.  It seems like that the only sport that gets any extra training for during the off-season is baseball.  Growing up in Hamshire, I never saw kids actually working out on football and basketball as I did for baseball. 

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="691781" timestamp="1256960078"]

[/quote]

I'm so tired of hearing about how some 3rd graders are going to be the best team since the '95 Chicago Bulls. Ever since I was a young tot all I heard about was how HF's c/o 2009 was going to be great in every sport and dominate everything. Do you remember that team? No you don't because they didn't do anything. They all ended up giving up because they are undedicated and this community no longer supports sports and have a coaching staff that is less dedicated than the players. So all I advise is that everyone shut up and just play! Prove it on the court
[/quote]

Lol aren't you one of the ones that quit?

[quote name=" :DBucof2010" post="691872" timestamp="1256962003"]
[quote author=Ron Burgundy link=topic=61413.msg691781#msg691781 date=1256960078]

[/quote]

I'm so tired of hearing about how some 3rd graders are going to be the best team since the '95 Chicago Bulls. Ever since I was a young tot all I heard about was how HF's c/o 2009 was going to be great in every sport and dominate everything. Do you remember that team? No you don't because they didn't do anything. They all ended up giving up because they are undedicated and this community no longer supports sports and have a coaching staff that is less dedicated than the players. So all I advise is that everyone shut up and just play! Prove it on the court
[/quote]

Lol aren't you one of the ones that quit?
[/quote]OUCH  ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="687679" timestamp="1256663093"]
Is it just [b]a long dry spell[/b] for HF's basketball? What is it going to take to turn things around in the program? Is it just that the talent is lacking or do the coaches have the dedication to turn their program around? Or a combination or both? I don't know the coaches so I can't comment on them. The one thing that I do notice is that the middle school programs fair well in sports. But I also understand you can't base future performance from middle school heroics. Kids develop at different stages. Some grow in height faster than others and stop growing. Some become slower in foot speed as others speed on. You can't keep the same workout routine you had in the 8th grade and expect to be successful in high school. Which may be why in high school the HF program seems to hit a down-slide. So, what is it going to take? I'm ready to dog-out HJ and EC before 2013 ;D
[/quote]

i think the first sentence of your first post answered the question to your title of this thread.

[quote name="bullets13" post="693306" timestamp="1257056353"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=61413.msg687679#msg687679 date=1256663093]
Is it just [b]a long dry spell[/b] for HF's basketball? What is it going to take to turn things around in the program? Is it just that the talent is lacking or do the coaches have the dedication to turn their program around? Or a combination or both? I don't know the coaches so I can't comment on them. The one thing that I do notice is that the middle school programs fair well in sports. But I also understand you can't base future performance from middle school heroics. Kids develop at different stages. Some grow in height faster than others and stop growing. Some become slower in foot speed as others speed on. You can't keep the same workout routine you had in the 8th grade and expect to be successful in high school. Which may be why in high school the HF program seems to hit a down-slide. So, what is it going to take? I'm ready to dog-out HJ and EC before 2013 ;D
[/quote]True, you can't stay down forever just like you can't stay on top forever.

i think the first sentence of your first post answered the question to your title of this thread.
[/quote]

Guest stevenash
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="694291" timestamp="1257172079"]
Lets see, hamshire's basketball tryouts begin Nov. 9th and I think weight lifting begins the same week....sheez!
[/quote]

The theory, in this case, is its easier to make a basketball player(from a football coaches perspective) out of a weight lifter than it is to make a weight lifter (aka football player) out of a basketball player.

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="695350" timestamp="1257219779"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=61413.msg695083#msg695083 date=1257208382]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=61413.msg694291#msg694291 date=1257172079]
Lets see, hamshire's basketball tryouts begin Nov. 9th and I think weight lifting begins the same week....sheez!
[/quote]

The theory, in this case, is its easier to make a basketball player(from a football coaches perspective) out of a weight lifter than it is to make a weight lifter (aka football player) out of a basketball player.
[/quote]

Steve Nash is a Canadian traitor!! He left the Mavericks and went to those horrible Phoenix Suns! Don't listen to him!
[/quote]Actually Stevie is 100% correct.

Dove....Will your kid or the 2013-2015 teams reach their full potential out there???  Will the universal off-season help them become the reg. finalist you thought they may become? Is the AAU circuit enough to propel them to the title...Alot to be desired and alot to be known here in a few short years.

[quote name="team first" post="695883" timestamp="1257274354"]
Dove....Will your kid or the 2013-2015 teams reach their full potential out there???  Will the universal off-season help them become the reg. finalist you thought they may become? Is the AAU circuit enough to propel them to the title...Alot to be desired and alot to be known here in a few short years.
[/quote]Kid? AAU circuit? Lets nix the thought right now. My kid (actually I have two :P)nor AAU has nothing to do with Hamshire winning a state title in 2015.  One kid can't play 4 other opposing players by himself. Hmmm? I've never seen in box -n-4 ;) But anyway, when you mix in some of Hamshire's 2013,2014 and 2015 players, you will have a group of good ball players who can go all the way to State. Sure there are other factors involved, darn football for one. Why risk injury playing on sub par football teams that may not go anywhere? Coaching is another. I have no idea who are the coaches nor their experiences. But I hope they are good. But you are right about a couple of things: A lot to be desired and a lot will be known in a few short years.

Now, if we can just get the boys to believe the hype :D

[quote name="team first" post="695940" timestamp="1257277207"]
Actually the AAU circuit has alot to do with schools that have universal off-seasons and want to be good in H.S. basketball..If they dont play in school..they better be playing somewhere or...see ya.blown by...What happened, look how strong we are, why cant we make those jumpers???
[/quote]Sir or Mam? I'm not following what you are saying. First of all, if you're in high school playing, its summer ball and not AAU ball. AAU ball usally  has ages from 8 years on up to 14 years old and they have age and grade requirements and you pay the organization dues to participate in sanctioned tournaments. So I am assuming you are talking about summer ball for high school students. Futhermore, I think it's a myth if you lift weights in [font=Verdana]high school [/font] you will miss your jumpers or whatever. It's good to strengthen your self and it gives you a mental advantage of feeling strong and ready to compete. In high school, I have no problem with the kids doing weights. Their bodies are stronger and need the added muscle to battle.

Sir or Mam?..Actually AAU is played until kids graduate from h.s. which is about 18 yrs old..Little dribblers is usually played from 8 to 14 yrs old, with a few exceptions...The posters who talk about the universal off-season have a pretty good idea of what it does for the average h.s. basketball program...Which is not much..Most basketball coaches are looking for basketball players, not guys who look good in a mirror.

Guest stevenash
[quote name="team first" post="696440" timestamp="1257305196"]
Sir or Mam?..Actually AAU is played until kids graduate from h.s. which is about 18 yrs old..Little dribblers is usually played from 8 to 14 yrs old, with a few exceptions...The posters who talk about the universal off-season have a pretty good idea of what it does for the average h.s. basketball program...Which is not much..Most basketball coaches are looking for basketball players, not guys who look good in a mirror.
[/quote]

Lets get real honest here.  Universal Off Season is a code word for "Make em all football players because every other sport is secondary"  Thats fine if everyone is on the same page and the only priority is to make football a success.  However, if a school/coach/administration chooses to embrace the Universal Off Season approach, that school will definitely "pay the price" in other sports and it seems to be most evident in basketball.  The "Whats wrong with UOS, it will just make them bigger, stronger, and faster" theory sounds good but the results do not support the theory.  If the players need to lift weights, why not let it be done under the supervision of the primary sport coach?

[quote name="stevenash" post="696597" timestamp="1257336366"]
[quote author=team first link=topic=61413.msg696440#msg696440 date=1257305196]
[/quote]

Lets get real honest here.  Universal Off Season is a code word for "Make em all football players because every other sport is secondary"   Thats fine if everyone is on the same page and the only priority is to make football a success.  However, if a school/coach/administration chooses to embrace the Universal Off Season approach, that school will definitely "pay the price" in other sports and it seems to be most evident in basketball.  The "Whats wrong with UOS, it will just make them bigger, stronger, and faster" theory sounds good but the results do not support the theory.  If the players need to lift weights, why not let it be done under the supervision of the primary sport coach?
[/quote]

AGREED!!!!

[quote name="stevenash" post="696597" timestamp="1257336366"]
[/quote]

Lets get real honest here.  Universal Off Season is a code word for "Make em all football players because every other sport is secondary"   Thats fine if everyone is on the same page and the only priority is to make football a success.  However, if a school/coach/administration chooses to embrace the Universal Off Season approach, that school will definitely "pay the price" in other sports and it seems to be most evident in basketball.  The "Whats wrong with UOS, it will just make them bigger, stronger, and faster" theory sounds good but the results do not support the theory.  If the players need to lift weights, why not let it be done under the supervision of the primary sport coach?
[/quote]Wow! I actually agree with you. You make $ents. ;)

Guest stevenash
[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="696632" timestamp="1257343234"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=61413.msg696597#msg696597 date=1257336366]
[/quote]

[/quote]

See, American people make sense. Canadians like Steve Nash are traitors and should go back to Canada.
[/quote]\Steve Nash may be considered a traitor, but, Canadian or not, is quite conversant with basketball

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83