C.E. King @ Dayton predictions??

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="687658" timestamp="1256661572"]
I doubt that Dayton will pull it out of the bag this week, but how sweet is it going to be when [b]Plough [/b] goes in motion, takes the ball on a read option, and slings the ball to a wide open receiver after the defense bites on the run.  That play will be a tough one to defend.  
[/quote]

Ploch  ;)

just informing.... at least you did it phonetically.  :D

oh and by the way.... CEK has to have a win and a BH loss to get in the playoffs right?

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="rollinac" post="687782" timestamp="1256668346"]
I'm pretty sure that King has been eliminated even with a BH Loss??
[/quote]

Not if King wins. So, how much does Dayton really love the Hill? ;)
(If the Hill loses in the 'hood, Katy bar the doors!)

District Standings:

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschoolsports/results.html?mkt=&site=default&tpl=Standings&Sport=1&TeamID=&SchoolID=&Season=2009&DistrictID=14&SearchDate=10%2F27%2F09&SearchDateEnd=10%2F27%2F09&SearchLastName=&SearchFirstName=&Market=&SearchType=Standings

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="rollinac" post="687819" timestamp="1256670233"]
Wow Ranger....like the new picture....slightly anyway....haha
[/quote]

When you're a 10, it's hard to be humble! ;D

So herranda is still at QB and ploch is now at WR .. hmmm kinda scary .. Herranda had a great second half against the eagles . now they got ploch in the mix again ut oh to whom ever run across them they will be just obliterated from start to finsh .

I think we have our 4 play off teams though ..

Coogs D1
Broncs D2
Pats D1
Eagles D2

Great to see 4 GOOD teams enter the playoffs . i see some of these possibly going to state .. hmm which one will it be i wont say ;D

[quote name="whitewolf09" post="687890" timestamp="1256673315"]
So herranda is still at QB and ploch is now at WR .. hmmm kinda scary .. Herranda had a great second half against the eagles . now they got ploch in the mix again ut oh to whom ever run across them they will be just obliterated from start to finsh .

I think we have our 4 play off teams though ..

Coogs D1
Broncs D2
Pats D1
Eagles D2

Great to see 4 GOOD teams enter the playoffs . i see some of these possibly going to state .. hmm which one will it be i wont say ;D
[/quote]

My first round match up prediction is:

[b]D1[/b]
(1)Crosby vs (2)Vidor
(2)GCM vs (1)Central

[b]D2[/b]
(1)Dayton vs (2)Ozen
(2)BH  vs (1)PNG

I was thinking since Ploch has been moved Back to WR.What if he played a little defensive end or linebacker.You know he likes to hit.Use him mainly on 3rd down situations?Think that little wrinkle would sack a QB with his speed?Not trying to be a coach-just wondering.

[quote name="liltex" post="689005" timestamp="1256778495"]
I was thinking since Ploch has been moved Back to WR.What if he played a little defensive end or linebacker.You know he likes to hit.Use him mainly on 3rd down situations?Think that little wrinkle would sack a QB with his speed?Not trying to be a coach-just wondering.
[/quote]

I bet he sees some time on defense if we are faced with a tough situation. He made some good tackle on kick off coverage last week.

[quote name="rollinac" post="687210" timestamp="1256604695"]
The best defense we had was the year Lloyd Ligons (sp) got hurt and couldn't play QB.  That was the year of just needing a QB.
[/quote]

I agree- Callaghan, Street, Anderson, Wright, Morais
Awesome defense
Not to mention if Lloyd had stayed healthy, Micah Peoples could have played
defense full time. I believe they would have taken Bay City

[quote name="Classof72" post="689286" timestamp="1256824970"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=61328.msg687210#msg687210 date=1256604695]
The best defense we had was the year Lloyd Ligons (sp) got hurt and couldn't play QB.  That was the year of just needing a QB.
[/quote]

I agree- Callaghan, Street, Anderson, Wright, Morais
Awesome defense
Not to mention if Lloyd had stayed healthy, Micah Peoples could have played
defense full time. I believe they would have taken Bay City
[/quote]

I compared the 2003 defense to best defense since, which was 2007:

2003 Allowed 40 points(Avg. 8 ) per game in district and 111 points(Avg. 11.1) in the regular season. 5-0 district record and 1-1 in playoffs.
2003 District opponents were: Smiley, Forest Brook, King, Galena Park and Crosby.

2007 Allowed 28 points(avg. 4) per game in district and 87 points(avg. 8.7) in the regular season. 6-1 district record and 4-1 in the playoffs.
2007 District opponents were: Lumberton, Ozen, Vidor, LCM, Central, Nederland, and PNG.

I don't really think that's quite a fair comparison based on the stats.  The 2007 team actually had a really good offense to put on the field and the defense was great but didn't have to WIN the games.  Don't get me wrong....the 2007 defense was really really good just don't think it was the best defense we had.

[quote name="rollinac" post="689325" timestamp="1256827921"]
I don't really think that's quite a fair comparison based on the stats.  The 2007 team actually had a really good offense to put on the field and the defense was great but didn't have to WIN the games.  Don't get me wrong....the 2007 defense was really really good just don't think it was the best defense we had.
[/quote]

I think the equalizer here is the quality of opponents. IMO.

[quote name="rollinac" post="689332" timestamp="1256828450"]
Since we really don't seem to debate anything on here anymore.....too much purple kool-aid :)!
[/quote]

Well we can't complain about coaching, we don't have a shortage of talent, we have a new stadium, and years of playoff runs. I guess the only thing we can debate is the concession food. Scratch that, the sausage and turkey legs at the Booster Club concession are the best hands down!

[quote name="bronco1" post="689376" timestamp="1256831405"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=61328.msg689332#msg689332 date=1256828450]
Since we really don't seem to debate anything on here anymore.....too much purple kool-aid :)!
[/quote]

Well we can't complain about coaching, we don't have a shortage of talent, we have a new stadium, and years of playoff runs. I guess the only thing we can debate is the concession food. Scratch that, the sausage and turkey legs at the Booster Club concession are the best hands down!
[/quote]

Yea but the lines are WAY TOO LONG.  What's with the fencing under the stands?  Also, we don't have enough parking closer to the stadium.  Alright I admit I had to dig pretty deep for those complaints....

[quote name="rollinac" post="689384" timestamp="1256831635"]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=61328.msg689376#msg689376 date=1256831405]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea but the lines are WAY TOO LONG.  What's with the fencing under the stands?  Also, we don't have enough parking closer to the stadium.  Alright I admit I had to dig pretty deep for those complaints....
[/quote]Fencing under the stands for crowd control and visitor parking is in the planning stages.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="rollinac" post="689384" timestamp="1256831635"]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=61328.msg689376#msg689376 date=1256831405]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And my gosh, PLEASE turn down the PA system during the game. There is really no need to have speakers on the visitor side. The home side is ear popping loud enough. What are y'all deaf? (We know where y'all spent your playoff $$$)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder