Why is everone so SCARED of Angleton?

TexAgNDN

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is scared of Angleton? Really? I don't think any team we've faced was scared of us. Texas City gave it their best shot last night playing for their playoff lives and gave us a heck of a game. They didn't back down, but neither did the Angleton kids. Don't know what playoff bracket PNG would go to, but I would like to see a PNG/Angleton matchup. PNG is a storied program and would be a tough, physical contest. TC played you all pretty tough earlier this season, so I know this game, if it were to happen, would be a great game also.

I think that PNG could beat angleton but they would have to contain the QB Diggs. I dont think that  anyone down there in Coach Faircloths system is worried about Angleton they are focused on Ozen. Congrats on anothe win Indians they held Lumberton to 204 yards total and only 20 yards rushing. They also got 6 turnovers. Great defense.

Its not a scared factor its a curiosity factor. I know my interest in this is that I heard they had a kid who committed to UT. Anyone who is recruited by UT or a D1 school is someone to take an interest in. If PNG plays Angleton, I know our D would contain their O. I'm sure if they look ahead that alot of their fan base would be looking at PNG and asking alot of questions as well. PNG team is not looking at Angleton, their focused on Ozen. The fan base is who, such as myself, looking further ahead in the playoffs at who the possible competition could be. I know we need to focus on Ozen, but the playoff picture is becoming more clear. So to say "why is ever(y)one so SCARED of Angleton ?" is not the real subject. Its a curiousity question. We focus on our area more, atleast I do, so when you do get closer to the playoffs you want to see who is out there. I see alot of teams undefeated as of now, so I personnally don't look just at Angleton, I am also looking at Lake Travis. I like to investigate other schools as well.

[quote name="pngfan66" post="685196" timestamp="1256412556"]
Its not a scared factor its a curiosity factor. I know my interest in this is that I heard they had a kid who committed to UT. Anyone who is recruited by UT or a D1 school is someone to take an interest in. If PNG plays Angleton, I know our D would contain their O. I'm sure if they look ahead that alot of their fan base would be looking at PNG and asking alot of questions as well. PNG team is not looking at Angleton, their focused on Ozen. The fan base is who, such as myself, looking further ahead in the playoffs at who the possible competition could be. I know we need to focus on Ozen, but the playoff picture is becoming more clear. So to say "why is ever(y)one so SCARED of Angleton ?" is not the real subject. Its a curiousity question. We focus on our area more, atleast I do, so when you do get closer to the playoffs you want to see who is out there. I see alot of teams undefeated as of now, so I personnally don't look just at Angleton, I am also looking at Lake Travis. I like to investigate other schools as well.
[/quote]scared is the wrong word in this case. Respect is more suitable. And it is deserving b/c of their success. You have to as pngfan stated, be curious b/c you don't know, but you also have to repect your opponent. Angleton is a dangerous opposition. I think PNG will be aight :)

I understand about the curiosity. Actually Diggs is the one being watched by UT. Angleton's RB Henry Josey gave his verbal to Missouri and he is actually faster than Diggs. Their backup RB Terrance Franks, who is probably the fastest of all the Cat runningbacks,  is getting some interest from UH and they have a tackle being recruited by numerous Div. 1 schools. But of course, Quandre Diggs is the glue to that team on both sides of the ball.

[quote name="TexAgNDN" post="685111" timestamp="1256405629"]

With the way PN-G has handled the "One Dimensional" RUN teams they have faced this year, I hope they meet up with Angleton.  I believe the PN-G D would hold them well below their Rushing Average and Overall Offensive Production for that matter. 

[/quote] Have u seen ANGLETON play,i have those runing back need a half off step,and they are gone.

The reason I used the word "Scared" is because of several topics and posts talking about playoffs and what division Angleton will be in, and people saying they hope they're not in that division. 

No disrespect to Angleton...You are 8-0 in one of the toughest districts in the state, Congrats.  I was simply voicing my opinion about PN-G matching up well with Angleton. 

[quote name="TexAgNDN" post="685309" timestamp="1256424446"]
The reason I used the word "Scared" is because of several topics and posts talking about playoffs and what division Angleton will be in, and people saying they hope they're not in that division. 

No disrespect to Angleton...You are 8-0 in one of the toughest districts in the state, Congrats.  I was simply voicing my opinion about PN-G matching up well with Angleton. 

[/quote]

Scared, no not scared! I did start the other topic about keeping an eye on the 24-4A situation and I just respect them enough to be aware of them. Honestly though they are superior to PNG!!! LOL!

Good posts by pngfan66 and bcjag09. I think as the play-offs near it is natural as a fan to be curious about possible opponents for your team. Even if you don't play another team, real football fans respect what other teams are accomplishing i.e.Lake Travis, Southlake Carrol, Angleton, etc. The possibility of seeing other good teams this time of year is exciting to all fans! IMHO

The way I see it is the fans appreciate the "moment" because it's not everyday that player's of that caliber come along.  Next year Angleton may not be anything but right now at this "moment" they are something.....Every town can talk about what year they were in the spotlight and had the athletes to back it, kind of corny but the truth.

I look at it like this-If you can make it through the first few rounds then anything can happen.Some teams gel late-injuries have to be accounted for in the equation-Then there is the no pass no play equation-Angleton has proven thus far they can win without passing but there are teams that can slow down a solid rushing game.All respect for Digg's as he plays both ways.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="685125" timestamp="1256407049"]
I think that PNG could beat angleton but they would have to contain the QB Diggs. I dont think that  anyone down there in Coach Faircloths system is worried about Angleton they are focused on Ozen. Congrats on anothe win Indians they held Lumberton to 204 yards total and only 20 yards rushing. They also got 6 turnovers. Great defense.
[/quote]PNG has a great team.Angleton don't throw the ball but can.They haven't had to.PNG better be able to run because they are fast.I have to gave the edge to PNG because of there passing.LM Coog Fan.

[quote name="7mary3" post="685414" timestamp="1256430862"]
The way I see it is the fans appreciate the "moment" because it's not everyday that player's of that caliber come along.  Next year Angleton may not be anything but right now at this "moment" they are something.....Every town can talk about what year they were in the spotlight and had the athletes to back it, kind of corny but the truth.
[/quote] U are so right

Not "scared" of them, just have a lot of respect...
They are the top rated team in Region III, and they will come out of the toughest district in this region (probably undefeated).
To get out of this region it seems like they are the team to beat.
Still a huge chance they will go into either Division I or Division II.
If you scan through the districts in Region III, besides the teams from Angleton's district, and Brenham, there isn't much there.
This is the year a team from 19-4A or 20-4A can sneak through this region and make it to semi-finals.
If Angleton does go Division II, they would be on the PN-G side of the bracket (20-4A #1 seed) and they would square off in week 3, if both teams keep winning (which I believe would be the case).
Dayton's side of the bracket will get Brenham (which I don't think is as good as Angleton).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder