Why is everone so SCARED of Angleton?

TexAgNDN

[quote name="liltex" post="690181" timestamp="1256903289"]
Typical of the chronicle:That headline supposed to get teams scared?Hardly-Now w/that rushing attack if they had over 1,000 yds.passing it would be more realistic that they could win state.But the longer you play the better teams are coming to try to knock you off.Granted Diggs is real good but [b]he is not anywhere close to a Cody Green-Tyrik Rollins-Garrett Gilbert QB.[/b][/quote]

in terms of passing, you're probably right. But running from the QB spot..... everyone knows it's coming and can't seem to stop him.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="liltex" post="690181" timestamp="1256903289"]
Typical of the chronicle:That headline supposed to get teams scared?Hardly-Now w/that rushing attack if they had over 1,000 yds.passing it would be more realistic that they could win state.But the longer you play the better teams are coming to try to knock you off.Granted Diggs is real good but he is not anywhere close to a Cody Green-Tyrik Rollins-Garrett Gilbert QB.
[/quote]

Actually, IMHO, he is very comparable to Cody Green.  Rollins and Gilbert are both much better passers than Green and Diggs, but not as good runners.

As for the guy who says that 20-4A stands up well to 24-4A, citing to a couple of victories over the course of 3 years against the second tier teams in 24-4A hardly proves anything.  I have not looked at it, but I would bet that 24-4A has something like a .667 winnng percentage against 20-4A over that time period.  And, from what I have personally observed this year, the Angleton, Friendswood and Dawson teams are head and shoulders better than every team in 24-4A (with the possible exception of Central who I have yet to see play).  You may not like the way I say it, but I have a pretty good track record on these things, and I tell it like it is!

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="690194" timestamp="1256904675"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=61287.msg690181#msg690181 date=1256903289]
Typical of the chronicle:That headline supposed to get teams scared?Hardly-Now w/that rushing attack if they had over 1,000 yds.passing it would be more realistic that they could win state.But the longer you play the better teams are coming to try to knock you off.Granted Diggs is real good but he is not anywhere close to a Cody Green-Tyrik Rollins-Garrett Gilbert QB.
[/quote]

Actually, IMHO, he is very comparable to Cody Green.  Rollins and Gilbert are both much better passers than Green and Diggs, but not as good runners.

As for the guy who says that 20-4A stands up well to 24-4A, citing to a couple of victories over the course of 3 years against the second tier teams in 24-4A hardly proves anything.  I have not looked at it, but I would bet that 24-4A has something like a .667 winnng percentage against 20-4A over that time period.  And, from what I have personally observed this year, the Angleton, Friendswood and Dawson teams are head and shoulders better than every team in 24-4A (with the possible exception of Central who I have yet to see play).  You may not like the way I say it, but I have a pretty good track record on these things, and I tell it like it is!

[/quote]Central is good, and so is PNG. I truly do appreciate the fact that you folks over in 24-4A are underestimating both PNG and Central. I like how you guys have big heads and think your teams are unbeatable. It will be a very loud explosion when your big heads pop when they do get beat. PNG and Central fans know what their teams have and what they are very capable of. To try and down play this District is only a childish response. If I were in your shoes I would never underestimate any team coming out of 20-4A district. There are some very amazing athletes and football players on the teams around here. This District is very competitive and would rival your District in competitiveness. So ya'll continue to think your walking on water, and PNG and Central will just fly in under the radar and surprise you !!! Also if Angleton were to go D1, they would be out of the playoffs by the 3rd round anyway.

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="690194" timestamp="1256904675"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmmmm....not sure you were watching the same Cody Green; not exactly lending to your "track record."  Cody was a good runner yes but he also completed 65% of his throws for nearly 3000 yards....not exactly numbers that Diggs is going to approach.  

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="pngfan66" post="690201" timestamp="1256905405"]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=61287.msg690194#msg690194 date=1256904675]
[/quote]

[/quote]Central is good, and so is PNG. I truly do appreciate the fact that you folks over in 24-4A are underestimating both PNG and Central. I like how you guys have big heads and think your teams are unbeatable. It will be a very loud explosion when your big heads pop when they do get beat. PNG and Central fans know what their teams have and what they are very capable of. To try and down play this District is only a childish response. If I were in your shoes I would never underestimate any team coming out of 20-4A district. There are some very amazing athletes and football players on the teams around here. This District is very competitive and would rival your District in competitiveness. So ya'll continue to think your walking on water, and PNG and Central will just fly in under the radar and surprise you !!! Also if Angleton were to go D1, they would be out of the playoffs by the 3rd round anyway.
[/quote]

Central will not play anyone in 24-4A. Their season will end in two weeks! You are giving 19-4A the same disrespect of which you so strongly speak.

Go ahead, feel free to make plans for week 2 of the playoffs, just don't make any reservations.

[quote name="Ranger83" post="690209" timestamp="1256906095"]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=61287.msg690201#msg690201 date=1256905405]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=61287.msg690194#msg690194 date=1256904675]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Central will not play anyone in 24-4A. Their season will end in two weeks! You are giving 19-4A the same disrespect of which you so strongly speak.

Go ahead, feel free to make plans for week 2 of the playoffs, just don't make any reservations.
[/quote]
I was referencing the total disrespect that has been given to both PNG and Central. I know Central is going D1 and PNG D2. So you just go on ahead and let your head inflate even more. THE NDN's will just show up under the spot light and put a big ol needle in your over inflated head and pop it !!! PNG is just as good as Angleton and our D will stop your running game. That is of course if Angleton can make it far enough in the playoffs to play PNG. I'm thinking your overconfidence will be your teams demise before they get the chance to face off against PNG.

I don't think anybody is disrespecting PNG or Central let alone Angleton. A good healthy dose of opposing views makes for good conversation don't be so sensitive just because other people are as proud of their team as you are. Roll with the punches and you might have fun ! Smack talk is a prerequisite for this board !

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="pngfan66" post="690215" timestamp="1256906864"]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61287.msg690209#msg690209 date=1256906095]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I was referencing the total disrespect that has been given to both PNG and Central. I know Central is going D1 and PNG D2. So you just go on ahead and let your head inflate even more. THE NDN's will just show up under the spot light and put a big ol needle in your over inflated head and pop it !!! PNG is just as good as Angleton and our D will stop your running game. That is of course if Angleton can make it far enough in the playoffs to play PNG. I'm thinking your overconfidence will be your teams demise before they get the chance to face off against PNG.
[/quote]

What makes ME overconfident? Because I think MY team will do well? What does that make you then? Arrogant? You beat the 19-4A 4th place team BY ONE POINT! Oh, I know, PNG is much better now, don't fool myself, yada, yada, yada. By the way, my head is the same size as it was in Week 0. It only appears larger due to my superior intelligence.

[quote name="jayhawk" post="690227" timestamp="1256907892"]
I don't think anybody is disrespecting PNG or Central let alone Angleton. A good healthy dose of opposing views makes for good conversation don't be so sensitive just because other people are as proud of their team as you are. Roll with the punches and you might have fun ! Smack talk is a prerequisite for this board !
[/quote]

Great post jayhawk. That's all this is about. Anything can happen in the playoffs. Angleton will have to step up their play another notch once the playoffs start or they could be knocked out early. That goes for all the teams that are privlidged to make the postseason. We'll have our hands full in the first round with the 23-4A teams. It should be either Rosenberg Terry or Foster and those 2 schools have played tough all year. As a matter of fact, Foster gave us a scare last year. Good luck to Central, PNG, Dayton and all the other teams that make the postseason. Hope to see you all in a few weeks!!!!!

[quote name="jayhawk" post="690227" timestamp="1256907892"]
[/quote]
exactly. Smack talking is what its about mostly on this site. We as fans support our teams and type about our positives as much as possible. Regarding PNG. PNG is a TEAM and they put forth a complete TEAM effort. We don't have just one sensational player on the field that everyone talks about, like you have at Angleton with Diggs, remember, there is no " I " in "TEAM" !!! PNG has a entire team of sensational players !! It takes a team to win and not just one player. That's what it sounds like to me about Angleton, you put all your wins on the shoulders of one player. At PNG we start 22 players on O and D and they function as a well oiled machine. All the players on the sidelines can step in at anytime and fill the shoes of the starters as needed. Our coaches teach the fundamental of being a TEAM !!! No single player is put on a pedestal. These players at PNG are humble and smart.  They are the hardest working team in the state of TEXAS and it shows and is proven every game !!!

[quote name="rollinac" post="690240" timestamp="1256908418"]
Ranger.....I don't like laughing this early in the morning....makes my head hurt....where's my coffee
[/quote]
Hey what better way to get the heart pumping than talking about high school football !!! Starting my 3rd cup of coffee before I sit down and do payroll for the week. Now that gets my heart pumping for all the wrong reasons !!!!  LOL ! The rain stop over in Houston area yet ?

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="pngfan66" post="690250" timestamp="1256908824"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=61287.msg690227#msg690227 date=1256907892]
[/quote]
exactly. Smack talking is what its about mostly on this site. We as fans support our teams and type about our positives as much as possible. Regarding PNG. PNG is a TEAM and they put forth a complete TEAM effort. We don't have just one sensational player on the field that everyone talks about, like you have at Angleton with Diggs, remember, there is no " I " in "TEAM" !!! PNG has a entire team of sensational players !! It takes a team to win and not just one player. That's what it sounds like to me about Angleton, you put all your wins on the shoulders of one player. At PNG we start 22 players on O and D and they function as a well oiled machine. All the players on the sidelines can step in at anytime and fill the shoes of the starters as needed. Our coaches teach the fundamental of being a TEAM !!! No single player is put on a pedestal. These players at PNG are humble and smart.  They are the hardest working team in the state of TEXAS and it shows and is proven every game !!!
[/quote]

You are correct! There is no "I" in TEAM. However, there is a "TAM" in TEAM. Now [b]that[/b] would look nice on my enlarged cranium.

[quote name="Ranger83" post="690259" timestamp="1256909191"]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=61287.msg690250#msg690250 date=1256908824]
[/quote]
[/quote]

You are correct! There is no "I" in TEAM. However, there is a "TAM" in TEAM. Now [b]that[/b] would look nice on my enlarged cranium.
[/quote]Now if can use that "enlarged cranium" to create the longer lasting light bulb !

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="pngfan66" post="690254" timestamp="1256909005"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=61287.msg690240#msg690240 date=1256908418]
Ranger.....I don't like laughing this early in the morning....makes my head hurt....where's my coffee
[/quote]
Hey what better way to get the heart pumping than talking about high school football !!! Starting my 3rd cup of coffee before I sit down and do payroll for the week. Now that gets my heart pumping for all the wrong reasons !!!!  LOL ! The rain stop over in Houston area yet ?
[/quote]

Nope. It is still coming down here in downtown Baytown.

[quote name="pngfan66" post="690254" timestamp="1256909005"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Off and on....makes traffic terrible traveling from Dayton.  Makes me want a nap!!

[quote name="Ranger83" post="690263" timestamp="1256909310"]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=61287.msg690254#msg690254 date=1256909005]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Dang, I already have over 2 inches in my rain guage starting from last night. Our field will be okay, we have the turf field and it drains great. The other games in our District will be mud bowls !!!

[quote name="Ranger83" post="690263" timestamp="1256909310"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wait....where exactly is "downtown" Baytown....Garth Road, old Baytown, Decker???  Baytown has like 3 downtowns.

[quote name="rollinac" post="690264" timestamp="1256909372"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Off and on....makes traffic terrible traveling from Dayton.  Makes me want a nap!!
[/quote]
Sounds good ! think I will do that after payroll today to be well rested to stand up and down all evening clapping and cheering for the NDN'S !!! When the band plays Cherokee, which is often, its like an aerobics workout, (per my wife) ! If you haven't experienced a PNG home game it would be hard to understand.

[quote name="Ranger83" post="690231" timestamp="1256907954"]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=61287.msg690215#msg690215 date=1256906864]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61287.msg690209#msg690209 date=1256906095]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

What makes ME overconfident? Because I think MY team will do well? What does that make you then? Arrogant? You beat the 19-4A 4th place team BY ONE POINT! Oh, I know, PNG is much better now, don't fool myself, yada, yada, yada. By the way, my head is the same size as it was in Week 0. It only appears larger due to my superior intelligence.
[/quote]
Ranger you mean superficial intelligence/

[quote name="pngfan66" post="690265" timestamp="1256909443"]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61287.msg690263#msg690263 date=1256909310]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Dang, I already have over 2 inches in my rain guage starting from last night. Our field will be okay, we have the turf field and it drains great. The other games in our District will be mud bowls !!!
[/quote]

The turf field in Dayton drains great as well.  Other than BH/NF, the weather shouldn't really be a factor come gametime.  Now that I look out my window its not raining anywhere SW of downtown houston or north as far as the eye can see

[quote name="pngfan66" post="690250" timestamp="1256908824"]
[/quote]
exactly. Smack talking is what its about mostly on this site. We as fans support our teams and type about our positives as much as possible. Regarding PNG. PNG is a TEAM and they put forth a complete TEAM effort. [b]We don't have just one sensational player on the field that everyone talks about, like you have at Angleton with Diggs, remember, there is no " I " in "TEAM" !!! PNG has a entire team of sensational players !! It takes a team to win and not just one player. That's what it sounds like to me about Angleton, you put all your wins on the shoulders of one player. [/b] At PNG we start 22 players on O and D and they function as a well oiled machine. All the players on the sidelines can step in at anytime and fill the shoes of the starters as needed. Our coaches teach the fundamental of being a TEAM !!! No single player is put on a pedestal. These players at PNG are humble and smart.  They are the hardest working team in the state of TEXAS and it shows and is proven every game !!!
[/quote]

you don't know much about Angleton if you think thats all they got!!!

I'm not saying they are better.... but you're just using fan cliches to make your point and they really don't hold water.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="dayton" post="690280" timestamp="1256910181"]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=61287.msg690250#msg690250 date=1256908824]
[/quote]
exactly. Smack talking is what its about mostly on this site. We as fans support our teams and type about our positives as much as possible. Regarding PNG. PNG is a TEAM and they put forth a complete TEAM effort. [b]We don't have just one sensational player on the field that everyone talks about, like you have at Angleton with Diggs, remember, there is no " I " in "TEAM" !!! PNG has a entire team of sensational players !! It takes a team to win and not just one player. That's what it sounds like to me about Angleton, you put all your wins on the shoulders of one player. [/b] At PNG we start 22 players on O and D and they function as a well oiled machine. All the players on the sidelines can step in at anytime and fill the shoes of the starters as needed. Our coaches teach the fundamental of being a TEAM !!! No single player is put on a pedestal. These players at PNG are humble and smart.  They are the hardest working team in the state of TEXAS and it shows and is proven every game !!!
[/quote]

you don't know much about Angleton if you think thats all they got!!!

I'm not saying they are better.... but you're just using fan cliches to make your point and they really don't hold water.
[/quote]

The field at North Forrest. Now that holds water! (BH may be in trouble)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476