Why is everone so SCARED of Angleton?

TexAgNDN

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if anyone has looked at angleton's stats; yes, they do have 32 touchdowns rushing with a recorded 2743 rushing yards. but,  passing they only have 368 yards with 5 touchdowns. all anyone would need to do is shut their "run-game" down. they're not as diverse as many of the other teams who have both. watch their quarterback though because he's their leading rusher!

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="portnechesgrovesbaseball" post="686648" timestamp="1256577698"]
if anyone has looked at angleton's stats; yes, they do have 32 touchdowns rushing with a recorded 2743 rushing yards. but,  passing they only have 368 yards with 5 touchdowns. all anyone would need to do is shut their "run-game" down. they're not as diverse as many of the other teams who have both. watch their quarterback though because he's their leading rusher!
[/quote]

I feel quite certain that every coach, of every team they have played, has felt that all they "need to do is shut their running game down". All I need to do to be a millionare is have a million bucks!

[quote name="portnechesgrovesbaseball" post="686648" timestamp="1256577698"]
[/quote]could be harder than it seems. With the defense we had last year, and it was a good one,we had our hands fool. Don't underestimate them. But realistictly, they can be beat, if caught in the right situation.

I have not seen them play but they really sound like they have it going on. I tried to tell some Marshall and Longview fans and they blew them off. Angleton is a very good team in my opinion and can be tough come playoff time.

You may think it is funny but from the outside looking in you are making fun of HF bc they have had a tough year. Apparently that does not make a hoot to you but to me it would. Coaches and kids I am sure are trying as hard as they can but to have you rack on them in my opinion is not cool. Maybe I am missing something but whatever floats your boat.

[quote name="etbu" post="687046" timestamp="1256597772"]
You may think it is funny but from the outside looking in you are making fun of HF bc they have had a tough year. Apparently that does not make a hoot to you but to me it would. Coaches and kids I am sure are trying as hard as they can but to have you rack on them in my opinion is not cool. Maybe I am missing something but whatever floats your boat.
[/quote]

You are missing something....Someone can laugh at what he said and still not be making fun of a team......Thats half the problem with this board....Everyone needs to lighten up.  ;)

[quote name="indianforever" post="687104" timestamp="1256600692"]
i want to see PN-G play angleton i think the INDIANS can take them down alot easier than people think
[/quote]

I totally agree.  PNG has gotten better and better with each advancing week.  I feel we will win out the regular season and go into the playoffs undefeated. Its been a very long time since I've seen this kind of excitement around The Reservation.  Faircloth and staff know what to do.  The boys are playing with heart; Faircloth and company have "fine tuned" them and continue to do so. I'm very impressed with the INDIANS!  I agree with Indianforever...I feel PNG can take Angleton...bring 'em on!

HONOR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PRIDE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TRADITION>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PNG!!!!

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="687126" timestamp="1256601485"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=61287.msg687057#msg687057 date=1256598614]
[quote author=etbu link=topic=61287.msg687046#msg687046 date=1256597772]
[/quote]

You are missing something....Someone can laugh at what he said and still not be making fun of a team......Thats half the problem with this board....Everyone needs to lighten up.  ;)
[/quote]
Wait Ron, I thought Patches was taking over this entire site !!!!

Thank you, good sir.

By the way, if anybody is hijacking anything it's these Angleton people in the first place! They aren't even in SETX!
[/quote]

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="685653" timestamp="1256472428"]
Not "scared" of them, just have a lot of respect...
They are the top rated team in Region III, and they will come out of the toughest district in this region (probably undefeated).
To get out of this region it seems like they are the team to beat.
Still a huge chance they will go into either Division I or Division II.
If you scan through the districts in Region III, besides the teams from Angleton's district, and Brenham, there isn't much there.
This is the year a team from 19-4A or 20-4A can sneak through this region and make it to semi-finals.
If Angleton does go Division II, they would be on the PN-G side of the bracket (20-4A #1 seed) and they would square off in week 3, if both teams keep winning (which I believe would be the case).
Dayton's side of the bracket will get Brenham (which I don't think is as good as Angleton).
[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Brenham, as District 18 4A champions, will be in the same bracket as PN-G and Angleton.  The winner of PN-G/Brenham would most likely face Angleton in the 3rd round.  Probably the 3 top teams in the entire region will hook up early on.  Sometimes it works out that way!

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="687126" timestamp="1256601485"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=61287.msg687057#msg687057 date=1256598614]
[quote author=etbu link=topic=61287.msg687046#msg687046 date=1256597772]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you, good sir.

By the way, if anybody is hijacking anything it's these Angleton people in the first place! They aren't even in SETX!
[/quote]

Uh, looks like someone skipped a GEOGRAPHY CLASS or two.

Guest Ranger83
Quandre Diggs, Angleton:

The junior quarterback/defensive back had 15 carries for 210 yards and a touchdown, recorded eight tackles and an interception on defense and forced a fumble on special teams in the Wildcats' 35-20 win over Texas City on Friday.

[quote name="TXKBear" post="687222" timestamp="1256605438"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=61287.msg685653#msg685653 date=1256472428]
Not "scared" of them, just have a lot of respect...
They are the top rated team in Region III, and they will come out of the toughest district in this region (probably undefeated).
To get out of this region it seems like they are the team to beat.
Still a huge chance they will go into either Division I or Division II.
If you scan through the districts in Region III, besides the teams from Angleton's district, and Brenham, there isn't much there.
This is the year a team from 19-4A or 20-4A can sneak through this region and make it to semi-finals.
If Angleton does go Division II, they would be on the PN-G side of the bracket (20-4A #1 seed) and they would square off in week 3, if both teams keep winning (which I believe would be the case).
Dayton's side of the bracket will get Brenham (which I don't think is as good as Angleton).
[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Brenham, as District 18 4A champions, will be in the same bracket as PN-G and Angleton.  The winner of PN-G/Brenham would most likely face Angleton in the 3rd round.  Probably the 3 top teams in the entire region will hook up early on.  Sometimes it works out that way!
[/quote]

Dayton plays Brenham in 3rd round on their half of the bracket, meaning that PNG would fave Angelton in 3rd round as well. Basically I am calling for an all purple Region III final, only I think it will be a shade of Wildcat Purple vs Bronco Purple!!

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="687491" timestamp="1256648718"]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61287.msg687485#msg687485 date=1256648117]
Quandre Diggs, Angleton:

The junior quarterback/defensive back had 15 carries for 210 yards and a touchdown, recorded eight tackles and an interception on defense and forced a fumble on special teams in the Wildcats' 35-20 win over Texas City on Friday.
[/quote]

Does he [i]start[/i] at qb?
[/quote]

As far as I know, yes. Tremendous athlete.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Quandre-Diggs-71957

[quote name="Ranger83" post="687506" timestamp="1256649327"]
[quote author=Ron Burgundy link=topic=61287.msg687491#msg687491 date=1256648718]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61287.msg687485#msg687485 date=1256648117]
Quandre Diggs, Angleton:

[/quote]

Does he [i]start[/i] at qb?
[/quote]

As far as I know, yes. Tremendous athlete.
[/quote]

yes... also a little fun fact... His brother is Quentin Jammer!

only a Junior. :o

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4331281

[quote name="indianforever" post="687139" timestamp="1256602243"]
[quote author=Football Fan 50 link=topic=61287.msg687137#msg687137 date=1256602159]
I think an Indian started this thread.
[/quote]
i think some wildcats are starting to get a little nervous ;) ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]  RIGHT

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder