Why is everone so SCARED of Angleton?

TexAgNDN

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="shorttexas1" post="687609" timestamp="1256657636"]
Yeah the kid is nice. The team is nice but they can be beat. If central sees them we can score with them this year. Last year we beat them on D. 24_4a nor Angleton is on a higher level than 20_4A, we got something for them.
[/quote]

That's IF you get that far.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="shorttexas1" post="687693" timestamp="1256664007"]
Yeah the kid is nice. The team is nice but they can be beat. If central sees them we can score with them this year. Last year we beat them on D. 24_4a nor Angleton is on a higher level than 20_4A, we got something for them.
[/quote]

It's like Déjà vu all over again.

As an Angleton HS grad--class of '71, I'm glad to see the Wildcats having a great year to this point.  Although not their first choice to lead the program 4 years ago, Coach Vanover has weathered the storm so to speak and the 'cats have turned the corner.  A win this week brings Angleton the district championship.

Right now Angleton is playing as good as anyone in 4A.

Angleton / PNG would be a great game.

Good Luck to both the rest of the way.

Dayton plays Brenham in 3rd round on their half of the bracket, meaning that PNG would fave Angelton in 3rd round as well. Basically I am calling for an all purple Region III final, only I think it will be a shade of Wildcat Purple vs Bronco Purple!!
[/quote]

I am assuming PNG wins District 20 4A.  Brenham will win 18 4A.  First round:  District 17 runner-up plays District 18 champion.  District 19 runner-up plays District 20 champion.  Second round:  How do we not get Brenham vs. PNG in the second round?!?!?!?!?

Sorry for misinforming this thread, but the scenario above is correct...
The bracket is at...
http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/brackets/football/index.html

This link lets you see the districts and standings (it is from week 8).
http://www.texashsfootball.com/playoffs/projwk84ar3.htm

If Dayton gets past probably Ozen, they really are in the weak part of the bracket.
Not much in the top part of the bracket.
To win Region III
PN-G would have to knock out Barbers Hill, then probably Brenham, then probably Angleton, then (likely) Dayton.
All of this is weeks away, but it is interesting to look at.
Hopefully all the playoff teams in 19 and 20-4A keep getting better over the next couple of weeks and that the injuries stay away from the teams.

[quote name="pngfan66" post="688337" timestamp="1256702621"]
I know regarding Angleton, their division is not yet decided. Could know more after Friday Night who will be in the playoffs in alot of the Districts.
[/quote]

Absolutely.  If either Friendswood or Pearland Dawson slips out of the playoffs, that sends Angleton to Division I.

[quote name="TXKBear" post="688419" timestamp="1256733599"]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=61287.msg688337#msg688337 date=1256702621]
I know regarding Angleton, their division is not yet decided. Could know more after Friday Night who will be in the playoffs in alot of the Districts.
[/quote]

Absolutely.  If either Friendswood or Pearland Dawson slips out of the playoffs, that sends Angleton to Division I.
[/quote]
I think...
The last game of the season La Marque plays Friendswood.
That might be an elimination game if both win this week.
If La Marque wins that game I think Friendswood is eliminated and Angleton would be division I

Personally i think if barbers hill can get the fumbling and interceptions under control there a force to be reckoned with .. they are one of the best teams we have seen in a while . If they can get that under control i seem them possibly squeezing past PN-G to play in the 2nd round . that just my IMO ..  8)

As people as said they are the BEST 4-5 team out there .  ;)

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="688422" timestamp="1256733784"]
[quote author=TXKBear link=topic=61287.msg688419#msg688419 date=1256733599]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=61287.msg688337#msg688337 date=1256702621]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I think...
The last game of the season La Marque plays Friendswood.
That might be an elimination game if both win this week.
If La Marque wins that game I think Friendswood is eliminated and Angleton would be division I
[/quote]

After this Friday, if Friendswood wins over a beat up Brazosport team and Dawson gets by a tough Texas City team on Dawson's home field, then Angleton will go Div. 2. no matter what happens in week 10 I believe. Next week could determine what team would be the forth team to qualify, but that's if FWood and Dawson win, which they probably should. If not then who knows what will happen.  ???

ATWILDCAT has it right -- both Friendswood and Dawson clinch playoff berths (and fill up the Division 1 slots for the district) with wins this week, and both are heavily favored.  If either or both loses, then they will need to win their final district games (and Friendswood at least will be favored in that game as well).

As for Angleton, we will be glad to see them play in the Division 2 playoffs.  And to you PNG fans, be careful what you ask for -- having seen both teams play this year, I would make Angleton a 24 point favorite if you played them in the playoffs.

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="688862" timestamp="1256764168"]
ATWILDCAT has it right -- both Friendswood and Dawson clinch playoff berths (and fill up the Division 1 slots for the district) with wins this week, and both are heavily favored.  If either or both loses, then they will need to win their final district games (and Friendswood at least will be favored in that game as well).

As for Angleton, we will be glad to see them play in the Division 2 playoffs.  And to you PNG fans, be careful what you ask for -- having seen both teams play this year, I would make Angleton a 24 point favorite if you played them in the playoffs.
[/quote]
i have seen angleton play to and that team is a one man team if you shut down diggs you have a great shot at beating them and if you have seen PN-G play you must be blind cause the defense has been able to shut down what every team has brought to the table and i am confident they can shut down diggs so........bring them on ;)

Although Diggs is a very important part to Angleton's success, they are hardly a one man team offensively. Their RB, Henry Josey pretty much put the game on his shoulders against Bport and Texas City.  Also against FWood and Dawson the other runningbacks, Franks and Foster made big plays in those 2 games, along with their flanker Roderick Butler. Don't get me wrong Diggs makes that team go on both sides of the ball, but if you key on him too much, Josey and the other backs will burn you.

Now I don't know about a 24 point fav. against PNG like FWoodfan stated because I haven't seen PNG play and they are 8-0 for a reason, but I know it could be a really good matchup, if it happens.

What PNG fans need to understand is that running the table on 20-4A teams hardly makes you world beaters, and shutting down the running game of slow teams like Vidor and Lumberton hardly makes you qualified to shut down Diggs and his Angleton brethren.  Friendswood's defense is light years better than PNG and they were not able to stop Angleton.  And Diggs is great, but he is hardly all that Angleton brings to the table.  If (and it's a big if) PNG advances far enough to play Angleton, it'll be over before it starts. 

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="689043" timestamp="1256781636"]
What PNG fans need to understand is that running the table on 20-4A teams hardly makes you world beaters, and shutting down the running game of slow teams like Video and Lumberton hardly makes you qualified to shut down Dig gs and his Angleton brethren.  Friendswood's defense is light years better than PNG and they were not able to stop Angleton.  And Diggs is great, but he is hardly all that Angleton brings to the table.  If (and it's a big if) PNG advances far enough to play Angleton, it'll be over before it starts. 
[/quote]
Hey everyone the circus is in town. Oh wait sorry its a clown but not from the circus it is the one from Friendswood. So bitter over the friendswood losses. Sorry lets have an intervention to help him get over his team not being undefeated. Central or PNG would SMASH friendswood you will be so lucky for your mustangs to not run into 1 of these two teams who are light years behind your stangs. Oh wait there is only 1 Stangs in this area and they are not from friendswood. Go home and eat your crow.

Ill try and stay under control Central and PNG are both better than Friendswood and will beat them if they get the chance. This clown knows it and is dogging our 20-4A boys whom I have studied from beginning to end. This is two solid programs who deserve more recognition than they get. Especially Central. (no offense Indians) I believe that there could be a possible region 3 champ here in these 2 battle tested groups of young men. then there is the X factor Vidor who is so powerful in there running game that they could hurt some of the out of towners. Best of luck to all of your young men and their supporting fans. Once again I went to school were there was know football you guys stick with your teams and don't take em for granted.

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="688862" timestamp="1256764168"]

As for Angleton, we will be glad to see them play in the Division 2 playoffs.  And to you PNG fans, be careful what you ask for -- having seen both teams play this year, [b]I would make Angleton a 24 point favorite if you played them in the playoffs.[/b]
[/quote]

[color=navy]P-H_A LEASE....  Friendswood will be lucky to make the playoffs.  You may need those 24 points to get past LaMarque....[/color]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833