Why is everone so SCARED of Angleton?

TexAgNDN

Really, I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but didn't PNG have to go to overtime on their home turf to beat a Texas City team that probably isn't going to make the playoffs? I mean, did PNG have a bad game that night? That was early in the season and I know PNG is probably better now and maybe Angleton isn't "that good". I just know this "one man team" thing about Angleton is far from the truth. Diggs is one of many game breakers that Angleton has on offense.  

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Angelton Last Year..And every player is back from that Team Central Played..And not to say P.N.G cant do it but it will be harder than what you guys are thinking..Even with the speed we had Diggs Broke down the sideline a couple of times..And ATWildcat is right..Don't Key on Diggs..The RB Henry Josie i think.Is another playmaker..

But i think P.N.G Could take em..With the Speed their going to see from Central :) which i think is faster in [b]overall[/b] team speed they wont be like they haven't seen the speed of this team before..But hey who knows, with the turns HS football takes Central may see Angelton..And if so Hey..This is why you play the Game..And Honestly i would like another Match between these two..Can we say A Track Meet :D

I don't know anything about PNG, but have seen Friendswood play and they are a very good football team. Their District is one of the toughest  in TX. FriendwoodFan may be brutally honest ,but his statements aren't without some validity. I don't know who would win between PNG & Angleton really doesn't matter at this point you have to make it past the first round first ! Angleton is going to be the team to beat and they are not a one dimensional team the reason they don't pass isn't because they can't its because they don't have too!

AT Wildcat I was at that T City/PNG game earlier in pre-dist and watched the Indians in my Bronco Purple put it on the Stingarees.T City did not get 1 FIRST Down until the 3rd quarter.PNG miscues late was the culprit at the Reservation.I'm no rocket scientist but there are teams from SETX that can slow down the run-Honestly.Here is some stats:The T City duo of Branch/Harper rushed for combined 60 yds.on 29 carries 0 tds.against PNG.The duo rushed for 212 yds.on 42 carries w/3 tds.vs.Angleton.Branch had 83 yds on 20 carries-Harper had 129 yds.on 22 carries.Friendswood vs.Dayton the Mustangs rushed for 110 yds.on 39 carries.Cole 20/74 yds.Nuff said.

[quote name="liltex" post="689167" timestamp="1256791759"]
AT Wildcat I was at that T City/PNG game earlier in pre-dist and watched the Indians in my Bronco Purple put it on the Stingarees.T City did not get 1 FIRST Down until the 3rd quarter.PNG miscues late was the culprit at the Reservation.I'm no rocket scientist but there are teams from SETX that can slow down the run-Honestly.Here is some stats:The T City duo of Branch/Harper rushed for combined 60 yds.on 29 carries 0 tds.against PNG.The duo rushed for 212 yds.on 42 carries w/3 tds.vs.Angleton.Branch had 83 yds on 20 carries-Harper had 129 yds.on 22 carries.Friendswood vs.Dayton the Mustangs rushed for 110 yds.on 39 carries.Cole 20/74 yds.Nuff said.
[/quote]
Ok so they can slow down the run. But can they beat Dayton?

[quote name="B.M.F." post="689321" timestamp="1256827419"]
I hope we get the chance to find out.  If that happens it will most likely be for the regional championship.  Oh by the way...Dayton is BACK TO BACK REGION 3 CHAMPS....maybe you forgot ;)
[/quote] While everybody is busy talking up PNG & Angleton - Dayton is the(purple) dark horse that will quietly come in and put up enough W's to contend for the Region Championship again just like clock work !

[quote name="B.M.F." post="689321" timestamp="1256827419"]
I hope we get the chance to find out.  If that happens it will most likely be for the regional championship.  Oh by the way...Dayton is BACK TO BACK REGION 3 CHAMPS....maybe you forgot ;)
[/quote]

Bring on the Defending Region 3 Champ Broncos....PN-G will SMOKE Dayton.  You Dayton folks think you got whipped by Crosby, PN-G will put it on ya!!!  I can already hear it, "But Crosby is way better than they were when PN-G beat them 37-7".  Guess what, SO IS PN-G!!!  

20-4A has proven that they can play with 24-4A in recent years. Lumberton beat lamarque, PNG beat texas city. So did ned a couple of years ago. Central beat Angelton and came within a point of Friendswood last year. Dayton beat them good on the way to state a couple of years ago. Really they are not all that impressive in recent years though the history is rich. PNG and Central will give them all fits. Trust that one. The only reason you 24-4A fans are frequent to this site is because you know we are the big threat!

[quote name="TexAgNDN" post="689343" timestamp="1256829311"]
[quote author=B.M.F. link=topic=61287.msg689321#msg689321 date=1256827419]
I hope we get the chance to find out.  If that happens it will most likely be for the regional championship.  Oh by the way...Dayton is BACK TO BACK REGION 3 CHAMPS....maybe you forgot ;)
[/quote]

Bring on the Defending Region 3 Champ Broncos....PN-G will SMOKE Dayton.  You Dayton folks think you got whipped by Crosby, PN-G will put it on ya!!!  I can already hear it, "But Crosby is way better than they were when PN-G beat them 37-7".  Guess what, SO IS PN-G!!!  

[/quote]

Are you SMOKING something???  Not a soul in Dayton thinks Crosby whipped Dayton.  PN-G is having a great season under first year Coach Faircloth.  Congratulations.  Unfortunately we probably won't get to see PN-G vs. Dayton in the playoffs.....

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="689351" timestamp="1256829883"]
20-4A has proven that they can play with 24-4A in recent years. Lumberton beat lamarque, PNG beat texas city. So did ned a couple of years ago. Central beat Angelton and came within a point of Friendswood last year. [b]Dayton beat them good [/b] on the way to state a couple of years ago. [b]Really they are not all that impressive[/b] in recent years though the history is rich. PNG and Central will give them all fits. Trust that one. The only reason you 24-4A fans are frequent to this site is because you know we are the big threat!
[/quote]
I have a lot of respect for what the Jags did last year and I will be the first to say I didn't think they could do it. I didn't think they could beat Angleton and they did. Will I make that mistake again, no. Would I like to see Friendswood and Central play again, absolutley; probably in the Region Final again. Will we get to see it, hopefully. I would have also liked to see an Angleton/ Central matchup but that looks very unlikley.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="GoodwIN" post="690006" timestamp="1256869445"]
I would have also liked to see an Angleton/ Central matchup.IMO If any body matches up well with Angelton it has to be Central.Ill try to be at the Central/PNG Game Next week..
[/quote]

Too bad Central will not get past the first round.

[quote name="Ranger83" post="690010" timestamp="1256869528"]
[quote author=GoodwIN link=topic=61287.msg690006#msg690006 date=1256869445]
I would have also liked to see an Angleton/ Central matchup.IMO If any body matches up well with Angelton it has to be Central.Ill try to be at the Central/PNG Game Next week..
[/quote]

[/quote] :P

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok Another Person were just gonna have to go out and prove to

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="690029" timestamp="1256870296"]
Central will get past the first round you can count on it. Infact, you know they will. Goodluck however to you who think they won't.
[/quote]

Anyone can talk up a good win! This ain't 20-4A!

All I know is that you better pack a lunch! Bring it!

Guest Ranger83
Chronicle Sports:

[size=12pt][b]Will anyone in the Houston area — or the state — be able to challenge Angleton in Class 4A?[/b][/size]

Angleton was the preseason No. 1 Class 4A team in the area, and the Wildcats still are. But what is going on with Nos. 2-10? Friendswood, Dayton, Lamar Consolidated, La Marque, Santa Fe, Dawson, Terry.... they have all been near the top and have all been beating each other. It starts in District 24-4A, one of the most entertaining districts out there. With two weeks left, six teams are fighting for four playoff spots. Angleton seems untouchable, but it's hard to say who will be the Region III champ.

[quote name="Ranger83" post="690166" timestamp="1256900203"]
Chronicle Sports:

[size=12pt][b]Will anyone in the Houston area — or the state — be able to challenge Angleton in Class 4A?[/b][/size]

Angleton was the preseason No. 1 Class 4A team in the area, and the Wildcats still are. But what is going on with Nos. 2-10? Friendswood, Dayton, Lamar Consolidated, La Marque, Santa Fe, Dawson, Terry.... they have all been near the top and have all been beating each other. It starts in District 24-4A, one of the most entertaining districts out there. With two weeks left, six teams are fighting for four playoff spots. Angleton seems untouchable, but it's hard to say who will be the Region III champ.

[/quote]
Guess they will have to wait and see !

[/quote]

[/quote]Got 2 weeks and 3 games to start thinking about GCM.  We're focused on the task at hand for now.  Then we'll see 'wut it dew'.  ;D ;D

One thing that can't be underestimated in this...
Both...
Central and even more so Dayton have players that have played deep into the playoffs.
Many of the seniors on Dayton's teams have been part of the back to back Region III champs.
The experience of playing week after week after the regular season is HUGE!
One bad game and you are out...
I really think if Dayton's sophomore QB keeps improving over the next couple of games, we should handle Ozen, then probably take on Sante Fe.
With Ploch being moved to reciever and now playing defense, it makes the Broncos a better team (if Andreas keeps improving).
We shall see how far Dayton can go with a sophomore QB, but if Dayton makes it to the quarterfinals, they will be a far different team that got their tails whipped by Crosby.
A Dayton team in the quarterfinals probably wins that game.
The overall defensive speed in the front seven (especially with Jakari at linebacker) is something no other team will line up against all year.
The big question is can the young players on the Broncos improve and eliminate the mistakes they have been making.
With the coaching staff at Dayton, I would like to say yes.

Typical of the chronicle:That headline supposed to get teams scared?Hardly-Now w/that rushing attack if they had over 1,000 yds.passing it would be more realistic that they could win state.But the longer you play the better teams are coming to try to knock you off.Granted Diggs is real good but he is not anywhere close to a Cody Green-Tyrik Rollins-Garrett Gilbert QB.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder